• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think his Side B will be the Chimpy Charge thing from DK 64. I hope his dash attack is the cartwheel.
Know what would kick so much ass? If his dash attack not only was the cartwheel, but if it also had virtually no lag after performing it like in the games too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's hope that, the cartwheel is way too signifant to Diddy to be a sucky move. And yeah, seeing as Sakurai is apperantly drawing all of Diddy's moves from DK64 we'll most likely see the Chimpy Charge translated as his Forward B. It now makes me really wonder why Diddy wasn't in Melee seeing as those moves would be much better received and accepted back then.

Sinn

Smash Lord
When all else fails, blame time constraints. Or budget. Like how they wanted to have more characters in Melee but couldn't. I heard something about more stages planned too or something close to that... :: shrug ::

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think his Chimpy Charge is more likely to be his down B. His cartwheel could be his dash, but it's more likely to be his forward B, IMO.

The Director

Smash Lord
Love Diddy's B moves! The rocket barrel looks like a great recovery...when it works. I bet when it hits somebody when it goes out of control it deals massive damage. (it is a big explosion after all)

What about side B??? Please God don't let it be chimpy charge! I have a bad feeling that it will be...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why does everybody think Chimpy Charge would be side B? It would clearly be down B, if anything.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
The chimpy charge fits the quality of a Side B perfectly. And it's pretty redundant to have bothe the Charge and cartwheel to be B moves.

SiD

Smash Master
Why does everybody think Chimpy Charge would be side B? It would clearly be down B, if anything.
I don't know what makes you think the CC would be a valid Down B, nor what makes you think a cartwheel is a good Side B.

Also, I don't think he's fragile. You don't need to charge the peanuts, it just makes them faster. And his up B will fly and possibly hurt opponents if he gets hit, and he'll probably be able to do it again like everyone else. Hopefully at least.

And ipitydatfu, don't double post. There is an edit button for a reason.

Rohou

Smash Rookie
Diddy is going to be awesome...
I think he needs to have three basic jumps before his up-b, either that have really high jumps with fast ascension, but slow fallspeed .

I think his down b could be his electric guitar... :D
But then what would his FS be?
Hmmm
Cartwheel needs to be his runnign attack, with the ability to resume anything afterwards, just like in DK64.
I remember being able to do cool looking run, cartwheel, spring, attack combos in that game...

The Director

Smash Lord
I just think side b would be the charge because most of the charge up rocket moves in Melee were side b's. I dunno. It just feels natural.

Personally, I think his cartwheel is going to be his forward a, which would be perfect. But then again, think outside the box; you could also make his cartwheel a chargeable down b. The longer you charge it, the farther and faster it goes. I'd rather see it as a quick dash like it was in the DKC games.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HA, awsome first post update! XD Except he lost one of his guns somewhere... <_< I think Dixie or Lanky or someone stole it from him. Or maybe he blew that one up, and it's the one in that one pic of it blowing up! XD

I still think this thread should be called "Diddy Kong appreciation thread: Diddy Kong haters welcome! We love a good laugh". XD

And the cartwheel will obviously be his running A. Pfft, and his fB is totally the chimp charge, but it's chargeable! :) Fits with the name! XD

And for his final smash, all he does is give them a dirty look, and all your opponents f***ing instantly SD all their lives the rest of the match, fearing the monkey.

:laugh:

And if his victory song is a variation of DK's like Meta Knight's is suppose to be a rock variation of Kirby's, then it should totally have someone playing the electric guitar in the background, for sure. :)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I still think this thread should be called "Diddy Kong appreciation thread: Diddy Kong haters welcome! We love a good laugh". XD

I f-ing hate diddy kong ( i wanna build my post count so flame me plz):item9:

Kentalish

Smash Lord
IT WAS LIKE THIS BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!!! lol just realized caps to lazy to change...

on topic: comon weres all of us diddy fans... prolly in bed but still there were no posts today i think.

Ill talk to you guys tomorrow im out.

cartwheel for side b

DIDDY IS BRAWL

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they make Ridley broken like they made Mewtwo way too light for his own good in Melee...I will find it sad, and yet ironically just at the same time.

And I love Diddy's expression in those two screens.

Screen 1: I'm gonna getcha!

Screen 2: Oh ****, I ain't followin' you THERE.

Also, he moves just like he runs in the DKC games, which is awesome. And makes me think that the cartwheel will be his dash attack even more than before.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
i think cartwheel is going to be a special move because its his move and everyone knows it.

offtopic neone know a combo video with dash attacks in it?

cuz then i wouldnt mind

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i think cartwheel is going to be a special move because its his move and everyone knows it.

offtopic neone know a combo video with dash attacks in it?

cuz then i wouldnt mind
It prob should...I hope they get it right to work like in the game...even with the cliffs and everything

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i agree with you maybe his super will be it lol iono.*atempts to shoot diddy again slips on banna pill shoots foot* dam monkey!!!!!!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
she won't die she has constant invisible frames do to my ledge glitch *foot bleeding in pain aims at diddy again shoots and....... did not reload me gun lol.*

Top Bottom