• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I just wanna cart wheel back and forth across the stage FOREVER!

P.S. And with Dixie LOL, (This won't work but I'll say it anyway) a Candy altern costume! LOL
OMG that's dumb I can't beleive I bothered to say that and now I'm still talking about it. Look at this idiot right here :) jeezy!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Gypsy Lee
dammit i cant get it transparent either

but as for the moving background, try keeping all frames the same size so it only looks like diddy is moving

@Dynamism
cartwheels are good...i could do those all day in DK64

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I've been gone for so long. I got Pearl last Friday. Pearl will take you into hell and feast on your soul.

Anyway, I'm just gonna say it so no one else has to "You left?"

. . .

DIDDY 4 BRAWL!!!1

Oh yeah, and the gif. looks like he's doing the can-can.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sorry I've been gone for so long. I got Pearl last Friday. Pearl will take you into hell and feast on your soul.

Anyway, I'm just gonna say it so no one else has to "You left?"

. . .

DIDDY 4 BRAWL!!!1

Oh yeah, and the gif. looks like he's doing the can-can.
THE MACDADDY..WHERE YOU BEEN SON? oh wait you just answered that...um ok..so uh...

Diddy 4 Brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sooo... I'm back and pleasantly suprised to see this thread is still alive. :)

I'm actually pretty pissed of now... One day before I went on vacation I saw the DK update and I was really pleased, but now I've returned and all DK news is one JUNGLE BEAT stage and even worse this screenshot:

Nothing wrong with the pic at first you'd say, but this picture has lowered Diddy's changes... by A LOT.

There's nothing wrong with a Jungle Beat stage, and I actually pretty like Rumble Falls. At first I thought it was just an innocent stage; not all stages from one particulair franchise have to be drawn from one game - was my thought... But now with that screenshot being up there with the other Adventure Mode screenshots I'm really worried.

If DK's stage in the Subspace Emissary is based on Jungle Beat it's safe to say that most -if not ALL- DK features in Brawl are gonna be Jungle Beat based aswell. That means: no Kremling NPCs or ATs, no Donkey Kong Country stages, no Barrel Cannons, no slight change on having K.Rool playable and even worse: no Diddy.

That screenshot already half confirmed one thing: no Kremling NPCs. That... thing following Fox is a drone from Jungle Beat. That could probarly mean we'll be seeing horrible things as Dread Kong AT's or mid bosses or gaint flying corns or chicken plants popping up. And I have a strong prejudge that DK won't have a second Subspace Emissary stage... Farewell goes my hope on unlocking K.Rool at Gangplank Galleon...

Jungle Beat had NOTHING to do with any DK game of sorts, wether it be the arcade or DKC. It still was awfully similair to DKC in some ways, like having animal buddies, beautiful envoirments, bananas and water, fire and ice levels but everything really felt as it was replacing Rare's DK world. I wouldn't be *****ing about this anymore if they threw in some DKC or King of Swing stuff here and there, but I also have a strong prejudge on that they won't do that either.

Just look at that, ladders instead of vines, colorful flowers and strange unknown switches... <_<; Couldn't they atleast TRY and put some Rare-like realism in there?

And what also pisses me off a lot:

The DK Bongo's are BACK!?!? Is Jungle Beat getting a sequel?!? Goddammit don't let it be so...

Diddy's changes in Brawl now are about 50/50... -_-

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Diddy Kong
chyea dawg. you shouldnt be worried about Didd'ys chances. and i seriously doubt Rumble Falls will be the only DK level in brawl. only reason its in the advetnure mode is cuz its from a more recent DK game. oh and like The MacDaddy said, the bongos were in DK64 as his special music attack

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
@Diddy Kong
chyea dawg. you shouldnt be worried about Didd'ys chances. and i seriously doubt Rumble Falls will be the only DK level in brawl. only reason its in the advetnure mode is cuz its from a more recent DK game. oh and like The MacDaddy said, the bongos were in DK64 as his special music attack
Isn't there gonna be a new one for Wii?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Isn't there gonna be a new one for Wii?
do mean DK Jet? or something? i think its just a bongo-control-based racing game or barrel-jetpacks dawg. in fact it kinda pisses me off cuz the rocketbarrel is Diddy signature...oh well

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
do mean DK Jet? or something? i think its just a bongo-control-based racing game or barrel-jetpacks dawg. in fact it kinda pisses me off cuz the rocketbarrel is Diddy signature...oh well
The jet packs are different. It's not the same as Diddy's.

Del Money

Smash Champion
The jet packs are different. It's not the same as Diddy's.
touche
well, yeah. but when you think DK, the bongos fit in there somewhere, whether it's DK64 or Donkey Konga. it's like Diddy and his jetpack. it goes hand in hand
i guess that true. and even if you argue that DK never had the bongos before DK64 you could easily counter argue with Diddy never havent the Jetpack before DK64 either. only thing im curious about is if there are any other games besides DK64 where Diddy used the guitar

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ummmm 1... theres no 2 monkeys donkey kongs is a mountain gorrilla... and theres already a banana item... and they have never used bananas as attacks... only items

Del Money

Smash Champion
all this over primates...just cuz someone wanted to be a smartass lol....*sigh*

Diddy 4 Brawl

~Onslaught~

Smash Cadet
if he was to appear in brawl i would assume his combos will be similar to pikachus because of the tail air tail whip

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Diddy kong deserves to be in brawl not just cause hes so cool, but because we only have one person from the DK crew.
P Diddy Kong could either catch Toad, Be a support Trophy, or not get in at all. How is a stupid monkey that looks like P diddy cool? K. Rool would be much more deservng than P diddy Kong for brawl if you just want someone besides DK to represent DK.

Top Bottom