• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
does anyone have strikers besides me? did you see what they did to diddy? they turned him into an indian (dot, not feather) priest or something. his music is middle eastern, and his megastrike he's in a position like he's meditating.

weird, wonder why they turned him into this
I thought it was rather odd. But the theme was Indian sitar not Middle Eastern.

They tried to make him Hindu. o.o

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic is winning the poll, I would like to have both sonic and diddykong.
1337marth you have just gained my respect...

but yeah i defintely think that poll is biased (kinda like Sakurai's). and theres plenty of people who didnt vote...like...lol...me

EDIT: @1337marth - both Sonic and Ridley are tied

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
*bump*

Ridley shouldn't be tied with Diddy!!?? *gasp*

I'm not going to start, but to sum it up, Ridley has a more loyal fan base than Diddy.

On topic: I wonder what Diddy's taunt should be. He has so many to choose from. My personal favorite is the victory celebration from Donkey Kong Country where Diddy throws his hat into the air and winks twice.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
I have to say i wasn't really for diddy in SSB but seeing you moveset and stats it helped me to see he would be an awesome addition, and would play sort of like pikachu maybe, with lots of sweetspots and flee-ability with sick get-on. nice work.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I have to say i wasn't really for diddy in SSB but seeing you moveset and stats it helped me to see he would be an awesome addition, and would play sort of like pikachu maybe, with lots of sweetspots and flee-ability with sick get-on. nice work.
diddy should have pikachu-like physics this a more DK-style flow (minus the lag). however...no cloning

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I personally think Diddy Kong's final smash should be him jumping on top of a metal barrel, and rolling forward on it quickly (anyone who played DKC and practiced tirelessly doing this knows what I mean) and doing massive damage to whoever he hits. Obviously you should be able to control it so you can't fly off the stage, but it should be a little bit unpredictable as well.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I personally think Diddy Kong's final smash should be him jumping on top of a metal barrel, and rolling forward on it quickly (anyone who played DKC and practiced tirelessly doing this knows what I mean) and doing massive damage to whoever he hits. Obviously you should be able to control it so you can't fly off the stage, but it should be a little bit unpredictable as well.
not a bad idea...highly creative and farfetched...but not bad nonetheless. relates somewhat to the games. oh and welcome to the boards
My FS idea would be him going ape**** on a foe, like with link's final smash.
as cool as that would be, its not Diddy's personality

Del Money

Smash Champion
i would be very upset if his final smash wasn't his guitar. i don't care DK already has an instrument, diddy wouldn't be diddy without playing a kick a** lick on his guitar
i like the guitar too but it might just be redundant to have Diddy essentially do the same thing as DK except with a guitar. its almost like K. Rool turned into GigaRool

SIDE NOTE: where the **** is Gypsy mother****ing Lee? he said we woulda been done with his moveset by now

Del Money

Smash Champion
sure it's redundant, but it fits diddy's personality so well. it just screams "Diddy's Final!"
true. i was all for it until DK's FS came out. i just hope that if Diddy uses a guitar for an FS, its a differnet effect that DK's. DK's attacks in a radius...maybe Diddy's can be like a directed attack (example of a directed attack is Mario's FS)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
SIDE NOTE: where the **** is Gypsy mother****ing Lee? he said we woulda been done with his moveset by now
Well, I went quad riding with my neighbor all day yesterday, and today, I'm hosting a contest in the Ridley thread. Then around six or seven, me and my friend are leaving to see Hot Rod. And the moveset itself is basically done, but I have some more to add. Plus, I need to find someone who can help me animate sprites or, at least, direct me to a program that I can use to do it myself.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to actually get into it yet. I promise I'll get it done. But I appreciate it that someone is looking forward to something as little as a fan made moveset I made.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well, I went quad riding with my neighbor all day yesterday, and today, I'm hosting a contest in the Ridley thread. Then around six or seven, me and my friend are leaving to see Hot Rod. And the moveset itself is basically done, but I have some more to add. Plus, I need to find someone who can help me animate sprites or, at least, direct me to a program that I can use to do it myself.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to actually get into it yet. I promise I'll get it done. But I appreciate it that someone is looking forward to something as little as a fan made moveset I made.
hey i have i life to ya know? tonight i got some pong games (no not the table tennis type hehe) lined up and some chicks to mack...anyways yeah i know of a handy little GIF animating program. its not the most efficient though but its free....i present to you Microsoft GIF Animator http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/13212.

ive used it many times in the past when i used to make simply computer games using Game Maker. but anyways it basically allows you to set up a storyboard of frames and used transparency and such. youll have to use an actual image editor like Photo Editor or photoshop though and paste the separate images as frames. its a little tedious but for small GIFs youre using, it shouldnt be a problem

Diddy 4 Brawl

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
not a bad idea...highly creative and farfetched...but not bad nonetheless. relates somewhat to the games. oh and welcome to the boards
Thanks for the welcome.

It's one of my most clear memories of DKC when I was a kid. Finding metal barrels just so I could roll around and whatnot.

On an unrelated note, if it's a Diddy/Dixie combo in the same vein as Ice Climbers. A move for one to jump on the others shoulders and get thrown is pretty much required. But I haven't looked at anybody's movesets for a Diddy/Dixie yet. So I dunno. Also, a Kiddy/Dixie combo would be much more interesting.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
Diddy has never been one of my fav characters so I am not gonna say I want to see him in Brawl however provided he'd have his own move set and not be like another copy i.e. Young Link to Link then he could be fun to throw in.

Del Money

Smash Champion
On an unrelated note, if it's a Diddy/Dixie combo in the same vein as Ice Climbers. A move for one to jump on the others shoulders and get thrown is pretty much required. But I haven't looked at anybody's movesets for a Diddy/Dixie yet. So I dunno. Also, a Kiddy/Dixie combo would be much more interesting.
yeah i figured the duo you have a tag team throwing style attack. i had played DKL2 but not DKC2 so i never got to see 2 kongs on screen at once. i also dont know how Dixie/Kiddy plays either. hopfully its more innovative than Diddy/Dixie that way Sakurai could try that out and keep DK and Diddy solo (and then we'll get 4 character slots for the DK franchise if you include K. Rizzool). though none of that is likely at all but we'll see
for the last time Diddy isnt a clone of noone he has a tail only yoshi does in this game... but diddys is bigger and slower... NOT A CLONE
thank you Kent

Del Money

Smash Champion

Diddy walking like a pimp. Don't ask, because I have no idea. First thing I attempted to animate and it sucks, but that's to be expected, so oh well.
HAHAHHAHAHAH OMG HAHAHHAHAHA thats awesome...did you use Microsoft GIF Animator for thaT? make sure you sell the transparent color as white in all frames

Top Bottom