• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
bluebomber22 said:
smash came out before DK64 so who knows what woulda happened if it had come out after
Melee came out after DK64, so HA!

Joe Soup said:
That Konga Drum move is reminiscient of Donkey's special move thingamajigger from Donkey Kong 64...and I have a very hard time believing that Nintendo completely forgot about that move, and it's a coincidence it's used in Brawl.
Seriously people...the move's NOT being pulled from DK64. How do I know? Because DK's playing on a set of DK Bongo Controllers, not an N64's "trident".

And I could easily see Ninty wanting to forget DK64. For how much it took to make, it definitely didn't sell that well...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Melee came out after DK64, so HA!
Yes, but DK's moveset had already been made and there was no reason to change it.

Seriously people...the move's NOT being pulled from DK64. How do I know? Because DK's playing on a set of DK Bongo Controllers, not an N64's "trident".

Actually DK's music special in DK64 uses his Bongos, which came out WAY before his gay bongo game on the gamecube. So they got the inspiration from the cube game which got it from DK64

On topic, Diddy 4 brawl

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Like me. Seriously, if DK can have a moveset devoid of watermelon bazooka's or whatever the crap he had in DK64...then so can Diddy, and all the better he'll be for it.

But it's called KONGA Beat. Diddy and Dixie appeared in the Donkey Konga series.

And you have to remember, so far most of the stuff they revealed so far was part of the Gamecube era. We haven't had much info shown about more nostaligc stuff.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I could have sworn DK64 sold well, but i've missed out on that discussion.

Anyways, Diddy should retain some of the DK64 moves because they are diffrent than DK's. It makes him stand out more. You don't want anything to simmilar people. The only possibly way to make a good Diddy moveset without DK64 refrences is to tag team him with Dixie.

Also, why are so many people ragging on DK's look? It's not that diffrent at all. >_>

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think Diddy Kong is a shoe-in for a BB roster spot. I personally would think it's awesome seeing him there.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
see i think donkey will represent the newer line of the series, while diddy will be the retro DK character, drawing moves from DK64 and DKC1 and 2 (not through partners!!!)

Talendime

Smash Ace
His level should be something like Krow's Nest. And the Krow can fly around and drop giant eggs.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. I started that moveset today and I was just wondering if anyone knows where to find some gifs of the little guy.

I know it's off topic, but this was at the bottom of the page, so I needed to bump it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Gypsy Lee
wheres this moveset? and what are you planning on doing with the GIFs? waiting for Gypsy Lee is almost as annoying as staying up for the updates lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
weird, i thought i posted earlier today? maybe it didn't get through. oh well, i'll say again what i said earlier.

because ike was tied for second on the poll, i think this increases ridley, geno, and DIDDY's chances even more than they used to be

Del Money

Smash Champion
:chuckle: It just takes awhile. And even after I have finished, I'll probably have to update it several times.
are you gonna surprise us? or is there something special youre doing regards the GIFs that youll be willing to telll us about?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah, that is why I'm taking so long. Oh, and the short story sized wall of text that describes each move, costume, color, game, stage and so on, but that only takes about two or three minutes to brainstorm and type.

*these last two posts were sarcasm if you haven't noticed*

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah, that is why I'm taking so long. Oh, and the short story sized wall of text that describes each move, costume, color, game, stage and so on, but that only takes about two or three minutes to brainstorm and type.

*these last two posts were sarcasm if you haven't noticed*
hey now....HEY....none of that

Diddy 4 Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
None of what? Sarcasm? /sarcasm
***** if you sass me one more time...lol jk. anyways get that Diddy moveset up and posted as soon as possible. and something tells me we'll get Diddy within the next 4 weeks at the most

Diddy 4 Brawl

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
does anyone have strikers besides me? did you see what they did to diddy? they turned him into an indian (dot, not feather) priest or something. his music is middle eastern, and his megastrike he's in a position like he's meditating.

weird, wonder why they turned him into this

Top Bottom