• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Diddy is a must for Brawl. He has way too many unique aspects to be ignored. Plus, DK needs more representation, and he would be the obvious choice.

missionMARIO

Smash Rookie
ok meh, why not put diddy in it
but first off, i dont even agree with dk being in it
truthfully what movs would diddy have that dk doesnt
throw a banana
u really want a great surprise, put in bub and bob as a combination player from bust a move or bubble bobble
it would defintly make a better player than ice climbers!
like who really wants charcters that you could never see facing off against bowser.
2 eskimos could do nothing.
leave them to there old nes game and thats it.
diddy would make a player very very tired of him

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
missionMARIO I'm sorry but if you cannot distinguish Diddy Kong from Donkey Kong either get some glasses or Play Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, or perhaps Donkey Kong 64.

After playing those games if you still think Diddy would be a clone of Donkey Kong please jump of the nearest bridge.

Anyway I think Diddy is almost a shoe in for Brawl because the DK series as a whole needs a bit more represention and Diddy Kong would be a great rep.

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
throw a banana
u really want a great surprise, put in bub and bob as a combination player from bust a move or bubble bobble
like who really wants charcters that you could never see facing off against bowser.
Honestly, how the hell can you say that the guys from Bubble Bobble are more worthy then DK, Diddy, and the IC. I hate how people automatically think that since they suck with IC, everyone else does. Go watch some ChuDat vids and then you can come back here continue this discussion. Aw, hell, I feel like ripping this post apart.

I like the whole "I'll get the game anyway" mentality, but the rest of you're post fails.

Uh...DK's the #4 best-selling Nintendo franchise in the world. Wether you like it or not, the fanbase is huge.

throw a banana

A) Your grammar needs improvement. I'm no nitpicker, but I barely understood that.

B) DK doesn't even use bananas in his moveset. And Diddy could have a moveset. Read the first freakin' post of the topic.

Ok, you really think third-party characters like that are gonna get in over say, Sonic or Megaman. Hell, Bomberman has a better chance than them (opinion, but it does stand)

Again, ChuDat. And yes, the IC can beat Bowser. In there own games,possibly not, but they sure as hell can in SSBM. And besides this is a DIDDY topic.

I shall counter this with an age old saying: Can Iborrow your time machine.

Diddy 4 Brawl!

Del Money

Smash Champion
basically MissionMARIO is talking out of his ***. and if i explained why, id just be repeating everything the 2 intelligent posters before me have said already.

Diddy 4 Brawl

Zebrahead for Congress

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Diddy is probably my #1 wanted character... mainly because he deserves it (I was surprised he wasn't in melee)

And his moveset could be completely different...

He's small and fast... DK is big and slow...

Talendime

Smash Ace
i'd say something, but it's basically been said

It really does feel like there's nothing left to say..
If anyone has any more questions, doubts, arguments, whatever, they can simply just go back and read through the 240 pages of this thread.. There's truly nothing new to be said.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i was refering to the last few posts against mssionmario, and corax_king saying diddy for brawl, but that too

maybe we should start a contest like the ridley thread. help keep this thread alive

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I dont reeally want diddy but i know he'll probably make it anyway.
i Hate donkey kong and diddy and thinking about them makes me angry.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
first one i played was duckhunt... i had the duckhunt and mario in 1 cartridge... DKC was like the 1th game i played.. like only one ofthe ones i remembered

Kentalish

Smash Lord
correction a gorilla and a monkey

also its like me saying i dont want kirby in the game cause hes just a round thing that can suck stuff
or fox because hes a dog

Dynamism

Smash Lord
First game I played for GC, SSBM, second, Diddy Kong Racing, third, Mario Kart DD...

Diddy is up there in popularity and all round coolness

Quiz time:

A) Does Diddy Kong Scratch?

B) Would sharing a barrel with Dixie as a transformation character be his best suit, duo or solo?
Vote Now!

C) What's his WD distance like?

D) Does he FSJump, WallJump, Crawl?

E) What's Diddy's item, if the banana is DK's?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
correction a gorilla and a monkey

also its like me saying i dont want kirby in the game cause hes just a round thing that can suck stuff
or fox because hes a dog
yea but you can have that opinion if you want i dont really WANT diddy in the game because i dont like him and his apearence and his voice blah blah blah. i think he'l be in it anyway though. I think he looks ********(literally)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So much hating here...

throw a banana
First off all... Your grammar really sucks, even worse than mine and that's saying something here.

Second, Donkey Kong deserves to be in SSB just as much, maybe even MORE than Mario since he's the first creation of Miyamoto. The game Donkey Kong started Nintendo as it is today, and that shouldn't be taken lightly. Also as you can see from this list : Donkey Kong is the 9th best selling franchise in the world, counting all consoles. If that doesn't says anything...

Third: who are Bob and Bub?

Fourth: go play Donkey Kong Country and keep in mind that it's 'just' a SNES game. Besides, Diddy never threw banana's for attacks in the first place and the banana peel is already an item in Brawl... And not even with a DK symbol.

Fifth: how could you know if anyone will get tired of Diddy when we don't even know how he's gonna play like in Brawl?

I dont reeally want diddy but i know he'll probably make it anyway.
i Hate donkey kong and diddy and thinking about them makes me angry.
And why? Cause they're apes? Please think of something better... Are you perhaps another Mario fanboy who only hates Rare cause Miyamoto made that one comment about DKC -which he later appologised for?

With that being said, all there's left to say is:

DIDDY FOR BRAWL!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
if you don't want a character just cause you don't like what he looks like or the species he is, you are ******** and you need to stop complaining about something that won't be relevent in the long run

diddy for brawl

missionMARIO

Smash Rookie
ok the only reason i went into this post is because it said diddy haters welcome it makes a good debate.
why the *&#$ would you say that then tweak like a little baby in the end
listen i LOVE smash brothers ok...but seriously you need to get a life
i was speaking from MY mind, MY opinion and if you dont like that...thats way to $%^&ing bad
and pshhh please go ahead and tear the post apart you little suck
thats the gayest thing ive ever heard
and with the donkey kong history, Did you look that up then throw it in my face?!
and my grammer!
hahaa can i borrow your time machine!?!?!? i stand corrected!
THATS the gayest thing ive heard anyone say!
you know your a little queer when you get so mad you make fun of my grammer!
ok listen all BS aside i know im gonna get other losers like you commenting back saying
"OMG MISSIONMARIOS A LOSER! HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT"!
but please anyone that HATES that stupid gay little imp...message me
hahahaha your a joke buddy

DIDDY NOT FOR BRAWL!

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hilarious that just because I'm smarter than the average pineapple, unlike you, you automatically asume I'm gay. GAY IS NOT A RANDOM INSULT! IT MEANS HOMOSEXUAL! If you're so immature that you insult someone who counters you by saying that they're gay, you need to GTFO and go back to preschool.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
ok the only reason i went into this post is because it said diddy haters welcome it makes a good debate.
However nothing that you stated made any viable sense as to why Diddy should not be in brawl, perhaps if you made some more convincing arguments, you wouldn't have been attacked like that.

missionMARIO

Smash Rookie
ok listen....i know diddy is going to be in brawl
its just my opinion i dont really like him
lets just end this
im sorry for all this

p.s he was pretty bad *** in strikers tho:p

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
ok listen....i know diddy is going to be in brawl
its just my opinion i dont really like him
lets just end this
im sorry for all this

p.s he was pretty bad *** in strikers tho:p
God I hope they don't put meditating Diddy in Brawl. But then again, all the Megastrikes were f***ed up in Strikers. Since when can DK shoot thunder out of his hands?

Top Bottom