• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did anyone else choose their main for silly reasons?

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
I used to main pikachu until I found out about the awesomeness of jiggly. Then I learned that mk would be a nice secondary by covering her weakness + he has similar play style.

Thiago26792

Smash Rookie
I have mained Link since Melee because I'm a Zelda fan. I was too lazy to learn another character, so I only played as him. Then I started maining Donkey Kong and Samus too and did so in Brawl. I quit Samus because I just plain sucked with her in Brawl, but stayed with Link adn DK. I kept using Link, because I got pretty good with him and didn't know about tiers at the moment. Then I realize that he was a character with many disadvantages, so I started training with more competitive viable characters, like Falco, Diddy, Game and Watch, and Marth. Link is still my first main, simply because I can still use him better than my other mains, since I have put just too many hours of training with him.

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
i chose dorf' cuz every1 in my community said he suked **** and was the werst thing 2 evr happen 2 brawl since pratfalling, which is stupid cuz they came out at the same time. so i spent like a week with him against cpus, and came bak 2 suprise them all wen i chose him, and kiked all of ther *****. go ganon!

MaverickETC

Smash Rookie
I purely main the whole roster because there's very few who do so, as far as I know...and it's fun!

But my two favorite are Sonic and Mario because I'm a Sonic and Mario fan (A bit on the Sonic side, but yea) =)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I mained "Evil Luigi" (the color scheme with the black overalls) in SSB64. Sadly the overalls ceasing to be black & the introduction of Waluigi totally killed the appeal.

For Melee & Brawl it's mostly just fanboyism. I mained :mewtwo: just because it was freaking Mewtwo (why did he have to suck so bad ?:() & for Brawl I alternate :wolf:, :pt: & retro colored :toonlink:.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i picked luigi because no one really loves him.....people say they do but they dont mean it.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I main TL because it had been forever since I used him against my friend, and I wanted to see how good I am with him.
Turns out I'm decent; I'm getting dair spikes everywhere.

I main Ness because I used to main him in Melee, but he sucked too bad.
In Brawl, I found a decent balance.
Not too bad, not OP.

I main Lucas because I just like his voice.
I dunno why, I just think his voice is awesome.
(I'm aware of the voice actor)

I main Marth because I used him in Melee.

I main Ike because he's low tier (means nothing to higher level players, but everything to n00bs), because he's slow and powerful (not fast and powerful, like DK), and because I can mindgame EVERYONE into his fsmash.
I don't know how, but I always end up luring everyone into it.
That's how I get my kills with him.

I use Wolf because I've liked him ever since I first saw him in Star Fox.

I use Falco because I like his playstyle.
Not as much as Melee, though.

I main Fox.....well, halfway.
I don't use him often.
In Melee, he's my most technical main, and I can do so much, but in Brawl, it's more of "Hey, I'm NOT going to run and spam lasers like everyone else".
He's more of my "Hey look, I'm different than the rest of you" main.

I main Snake because I set up so many traps it's not even funny.
Mortar slide is my move.
I can't set up stuff without it.
Today, I mortar slided over to my friend's DK, and he grabbed me, but I broke out of it because he got hit by the little missile thing.
And I almost always get kills with fair or fsmash.

Olimar is still my main, but he's not as fun as he used to be.
He's too boring now.

Top Bottom