• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dialga OR Palkia

Synthe

Smash Journeyman
This thread is to discuss...which is better Palkia or Dialga.
To me I say Dialga because he has a nice move pool and he is also faster. Both are dragon for there second type.

Which is more inportant....Time or Space.

Without time, everything will just be froze, we wouldn't even exist.
Now if you can controll time, you can basically do whatever you want.

Overload

Smash Lord
I like Dialga better just because he looks cooler IMO, and I like time better than space.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
Dialga. Better moves, Cooler look and he is the first dragon-steel type while palkia has the same types as the seadra chain evolution.

Darkslash

Smash Master
My critical hit monster says hi!

Spacial rend is a critical hit monster. But Dialga has a Dragon resistance becuase of Steel. That means that fighting types are going to have a field day.

EDIT: I dunno why but forgot about Roar of time. While it may be powerful enough to take down Palkia, Palkia maybe lucky enough to have enough HP left. PLUS if Palkia has Aura sphere, Palkia can do around 360 dmg(90x4) becuase Roar of time needs recharging. Plus becuase of how rediculously popular Lucario is i'm sure there are going to be alot of Aura sphere's around.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This thread is to discuss...which is better Palkia or Dialga.
To me I say Dialga because he has a nice move pool and he is also faster. Both are dragon for there second type.

Which is more inportant....Time or Space.

Without time, everything will just be froze, we wouldn't even exist.
Now if you can controll time, you can basically do whatever you want.
-_-

And what, time is more important than space? I vote Palkia. Dialga is an ugly horse-thing with the voice of a cat being stepped on. Palkia is faster, unbelievable in Ubers Doubles with Kyogre, faster, and his head looks alot like a pingas, if you get that Dr. Robotnik joke.

EDIT: After reading this thread, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who knows ANYTHING about competitive Pokemon battling.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
-_-

And what, time is more important than space? I vote Palkia. Dialga is an ugly horse-thing with the voice of a cat being stepped on. Palkia is faster, unbelievable in Ubers Doubles with Kyogre, faster, and his head looks alot like a pingas, if you get that Dr. Robotnik joke.

EDIT: After reading this thread, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who knows ANYTHING about competitive Pokemon battling.
Dialga has a great type combo unlike Palkia, which we've seen before. [Kingdra, if anyone has forgotten.]

Sure Palkia is faster, but Dialga's got D and ROT[Roar of Time], not that Spacial Rend sucks.

10DialgasPWNAGE!!!

Overload

Smash Lord
-_-

Not true. I just pick Dialga because I think he's cool, and I don't think the thread creator took into consideration competitive battling.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Dialga over Palkia, mostly becuase I like Dialga's appearance more than Palkia's and becuase I find it to be more useful than Palkia. Palkias still an awesome pokemon, however.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Dialga has a great type combo unlike Palkia, which we've seen before. [Kingdra, if anyone has forgotten.]

Sure Palkia is faster, but Dialga's got D and ROT[Roar of Time], not that Spacial Rend sucks.

10DialgasPWNAGE!!!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

For comparison, Dialga has two weaknesses, Fighting and Ground. Palkia has one, Dragon. Palkia is just as strong and faster than Dialga and gets STAB on water moves that get further empowered by Kyogre in Ubers(No Groudon would ever willingly switch into a Palkia) Dragon/Steel is a mixed bag of awesome. While Fighting isn't hugely popular in Ubers its still usually there for Blissey/Tyranitar/Dialga(lol) Ground isn't huge either but its still there from one of the highest attacking stats in Ubers(Groudon) Resistance to Dark/Ghost/Water and a neutrality to dragon is nice, and the immunity to Poison helps, but in terms of use Palkia has always been preferred due to the omnipresence of Kyogre in Ubers and its above average speed. However with the advent of Platinum moves, this may change in the future.

On a side note, Roar of Time sucks massive donkey balls.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

For comparison, Dialga has two weaknesses, Fighting and Ground. Palkia has one, Dragon. Palkia is just as strong and faster than Dialga and gets STAB on water moves that get further empowered by Kyogre in Ubers(No Groudon would ever willingly switch into a Palkia) Dragon/Steel is a mixed bag of awesome. While Fighting isn't hugely popular in Ubers its still usually there for Blissey/Tyranitar/Dialga(lol) Ground isn't huge either but its still there from one of the highest attacking stats in Ubers(Groudon) Resistance to Dark/Ghost/Water and a neutrality to dragon is nice, and the immunity to Poison helps, but in terms of use Palkia has always been preferred due to the omnipresence of Kyogre in Ubers and its above average speed. However with the advent of Platinum moves, this may change in the future.

I was going to say something, but then Pink Reaper came along and took the words right out of my mouth.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Palkia with Torrent support is a freaking MONSTER. (Manaphy on the same team too... rain... omg...)

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice

DUH! Of course Dialga weak to Fighting and Ground. You think I don't know that?

ROfT can be used if you know Dialga's gonna die trying to KO somebody. [Like Palkia?]

Just Sayin.......:dizzy:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dialga, see the Pokemon Movie. :D

That and he's basicly a killing machine most of the time. Roar of Time mostly kills Palkia in one hit... unless you have a weak Dialga or Palkia have a item that let it servive from a heavey attack like that, but that's just my point of view.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Mewtwo please.

Serious answer, Dialga. Palkia looks ********.

I still don't like either of 'em as much though as some of the earlier.

Especially Kyogre..

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
DUH! Of course Dialga weak to Fighting and Ground. You think I don't know that?

ROfT can be used if you know Dialga's gonna die trying to KO somebody. [Like Palkia?]

Just Sayin.......:dizzy:
ROfT is a completely worthless move. 2 Dragon pulses are more powerful, plus you don't get locked into wasting a turn that will undoubtedly result in a set-up/switch in.

Palkia would KO Dialge, Palkia's faster.

Also, I just noticed that P-monster looks alot like a gladiator. That just bumped him up a few more notches. Groudon's still the best though.

Darkslash

Smash Master
In the Anime Palkia seems more battle savy.. All of Dialga's attacks come from its mouth and Palkia has a Spacial Rend gun on its arm. I dunno but Palkia attacks look WAY cooler.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
ROfT is a completely worthless move. 2 Dragon pulses are more powerful, plus you don't get locked into wasting a turn that will undoubtedly result in a set-up/switch in.

Palkia would KO Dialge, Palkia's faster.

Also, I just noticed that P-monster looks alot like a gladiator. That just bumped him up a few more notches. Groudon's still the best though.
LOLZ, Dragon Pulse can't combine twice. I know what you were implying, but c'mon.:laugh:

If we had 1 turn each, you would not kill me with 1 Dragon Pulse. ROfT would KO Palkia, given that accuracy is thrown out.

You would then switch in a Pokemon [Groudon as you love to mention], and then KO Dialga next turn.

Dialga already served its purpose KO'ing Palkia, so there's really no point in keeping it out in play.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
LOLZ, Dragon Pulse can't combine twice. I know what you were implying, but c'mon.:laugh:

If we had 1 turn each, you would not kill me with 1 Dragon Pulse. ROfT would KO Palkia, given that accuracy is thrown out.

You would then switch in a Pokemon [Groudon as you love to mention], and then KO Dialga next turn.

Dialga already served its purpose KO'ing Palkia, so there's really no point in keeping it out in play.
In the same number of turns it takes to use ROfT, you could use 2 Dragon pulses, which would total to more damage.

A Focus Sash Plakia could survive the attack, and proceed to slam Dialga with 2 Aura Spheres. Seeing as how Palkia is faster, Palkia would win.

Your knowlage of Uber battling is poor, I see, if you think... Oh, never mind.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
In the same number of turns it takes to use ROfT, you could use 2 Dragon pulses, which would total to more damage.

A Focus Sash Plakia could survive the attack, and proceed to slam Dialga with 2 Aura Spheres. Seeing as how Palkia is faster, Palkia would win.

Your knowlage of Uber battling is poor, I see, if you think... Oh, never mind.
See, now was that so hard to explain?

I do admit that I have not experienced many UBER battles. [I don't know if the 10th Anniversary tourneys count, just thinking aloud here.]

I actually do wonder who would think of that besides you.

But you're right, my KNOWLEDGE is limited, so whatever.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
See, now was that so hard to explain?

I do admit that I have not experienced many UBER battles. [I don't know if the 10th Anniversary tourneys count, just thinking aloud here.]

I actually do wonder who would think of that besides you.

But you're right, my KNOWLEDGE is limited, so whatever.
Ha, I love it when n00bs try to make fun of me.

If you think a bunch of random kids going 'Hey man look at my awsome team! Rayquaza with Fly, Surf, Waterfall and Outrage! YEAAAH!' and using Groudons that know Solar Beam counts as ACTUAL Uber battling, you're a moron. Try using Shoddy battle to fight people who know the difference between EVs and Eevees.

Capitalizing on a spelling error, how cool of you.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
for some reason I feel like im between normal player and knowledgeable. I mean I can keep up and agree with the likely approches like Palkia having more speed with focus sash and that stuff, but ill admit I didn't know what EVs were until I joined SWF. so I wont say anything bad about noobs, but teaching a rayquaza surf and waterfall IS STUPID, and an UBER battle isn't to hard to find, just go to an real N00b and ask for a battle:psycho:
/rant with little point

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
for some reason I feel like im between normal player and knowledgeable. I mean I can keep up and agree with the likely approches like Palkia having more speed with focus sash and that stuff, but ill admit I didn't know what EVs were until I joined SWF. so I wont say anything bad about noobs, but teaching a rayquaza surf and waterfall IS STUPID, and an UBER battle isn't to hard to find, just go to an real N00b and ask for a battle:psycho:
/rant with little point

LOLZ!! Me too!

Yeah, let's teach Rayquaza some REAL moves instead of making it an HM slave!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I prefer Palkia.

A battle between them

Palkia used Aura Sphere Super Effective
Dialga uses roar of time super effective
Palkia holds on with focus sash
Palkia uses Aura Sphere Super Effective
Dialga Fainted

Or
Palkia uses Aura Sphere Super Effective Critical Hit
Dialga Fainted

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Palkia.

A battle between them

Dialga Fainted

Or
Dialga Fainted
One word.

DITTO!

Ha, just kidding. That's like making Feebas battle for ubers. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Hello
I prefer Palkia.

A battle between them

Dialga Fainted

Or
Dialga Fainted

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm not the only one that likes Palkia better! I'm so glad :). Although I'm not a competitive at all with Pokemon, I kinda understand some things.

Top Bottom