• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak Spak Does this mean your stance on Pythag has changed? If so, tell us to what stance, and why.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's all on you.

My question stands. I have walked over most everything in the game with you. I can answer questions, but I am not going to fill another three pages with you today.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote: Spak

This is gonna be a rough week for me. I won't be as active as I was previously, but I will leave you with a mega post. I was trying to pack for a flight yesterday, and i flew out last night. If any of you are in Vancouver, don't say anything to me because that would be awkward as hell.

Will be offline for 48 hours, starting 8 hours from now.

Town (most to least):
KevinM
Marshy

Poyzin
Ranmaru
Gorf
Mac

Slight Town:
Ryker
Lore

Null:
Nabe
Pythag
Rockin
Kary

Scumreads:
FrozenFlame
JTB
Spak

Comprehensible next post with quotes. I get that I haven't been reliable time wise, but I am free up until 4:30 Pacific. I will have time this time.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Here's the problem. Doop has four votes. Kary, Gorf, me, and Marshy. In Rockin's #1315, he asks if Nabe is going to be replaced. This is after the wagon that has sparked on Doop. In his #1280, he has Jex and Doop as scumleans. Yet he's still voting JTB, and doesn't switch to Doop, his scumlean.

Rockin is scum, who preferred to stay off the wagon, rather then bus. This is in addition to Rockin neglecting to respond to my #442, and continuing his same opinion of me in his #462 . It also doesn't make sense that he doesn't respond, considers it not important (#1626), but still says the same thing anyway. He doesn't care to determine my alignment or consider my explanation, he only cares to point out 'ugly' things about me. This comes up again in his #1527. He expresses dislike of my Day 2 play but doesn't point out why, he's content with just stating it to spread fud. He's not being proactive either, as he's present in thread, and reacting to my post concerning him in his #1614. He's essentially a Rajam that never actually catches up, when Rajam actually does so with strong conclusions and reads. Rockin
Didn't they talk with Ryker about JTB? Rockin Rockin , you still think JTB is scum, right? ranmaru ranmaru , okay, here we are. If JTB was the move yesterday and they flip scum, Rockin is perfectly fine. Sure, JTB wasn't their first pick, but Rockin still scumread them from Ryker. Now I'm trusting Rockin bere for a second. Your issue is that Rockin made a post after the Doop wagon started, and he scumread Doop, so therefore he was avoiding joining the wagon. I don't think it is fair to call out Rockin here, because anybody could have made a "replace Nabe" post without any prior reading of the thread. Sure, it looks bad on rockin that he "conveniently" forgot to check up on the thread when his #1 scum read is being wagoned, but this just looks like neglectful!rockin rather than scum!rockin. This event is a multiplier if Rockin does anything scummy in the future, but any multiplier times 0 is 0. (Not saying that I think Rockin has 0% of being scum, but that it's not enough standalone to lynch).

Thanks for the answer. But why keep the vote on a null read when you have two others as scum reads/leans, even if they weren't going to be the play?

I disagree pretty hard on the Ranmaru bit. His actions during UP vs Ryker felt like someone trying to discuss other things while we were waiting for UP to come back, something that I too agreed with and felt we should wait on. It felt pretty genuine.

I'll reread his stuff near the end of the day to try and confirm what you're saying about him seeing you as town, but I'm unfamiliar with that exchange and will have to reread for sure.
It was the most efficient way to agree with Lore's second paragraph. I was saying that I disagreed with Rockin's read on you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He was null on JTB that page, he was also around when the wagon sped up. Let's chat after you post your reads.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
In a taxi, on mobile. This is going to be really underwhelming.

Collection of Spak's notable posts on me and (surprisingly) Pythag.

Spak is now on my scum lean list. Also they replaced JeXs who I was already a bit iffy on early in D2. Just had them as null after the fantastic catch up post.

Here he has me and Pythag as hard scum reads. Take note of both of these.

He also has himself as "confirmed town," but while clearly a joke, I dislike it any time someone does this. Personal bias on my end.

Some Lore discussion about my potential flip, along with my UP interaction. Here they go out of their way to account for me being a Town flip, along with saying in the last line that town!Lore could still mean scum!Utopian. Setting up for a secondary lynch.

Pythag was not mentioned in any of the posts between the large read post and this one.

Lore v Kary, where he more or less says that my flip wouldn't give info on Kary. Interesting. He then softens on me a bit for the FF re-read, while still giving room to backtrack or discount it with a re-read. Way too much wiggle room here.

Again, no Pythag mention yet (with multiple posts before this one) despite Pythag being in the scum read list from earlier. Not scum lean, scum read.

Here he uses the gambit as an excuse to backtrack on Utopian, which goes along with the trend so far of preparing for a Utopian lynch in the event that I flip Town.

Still no Pythag.

And he almost immediately backtracks again on that when confronted. Strange.

And here's the string of posts that I've already called out, where he appears to mostly be accounting for town!Lore flip.

Oh, and did you catch it? I'll quote again for emphasis.

Here's his first mention of Pythag ever, since putting him down as a scum read. I will double check this again, but I'm 99% sure I'm right.

He even answers Pythag's question without hesitation or questioning, zero indication that this is a player who he has a hard scum read on.

Spak has now rocketed to near the top of my scum read list, debating on whether he or Rockin is my stronger choice. However, I am still open for a JTB or Nabe lynch from how ****ing poor activity has been this game.
I don't want to be too redundant, as Lore hit all of my grievances on the head, and then some more I didn't realize I had. Jex hammering means nothing in a case for spak to be town; anybody can hammer out a scummate for townie points, and Doop was looking to be on their way out anyway, so a case for town is barely to none. On the flipside, I fully agree with Lore's case on Spak and find it to be much more dire to get out than JTB, who I would have gone with if not Spak.

I have a new scumread on FrozenFlame, who I feel was wearing a townies cloak early game before ducking out. Nothing too much om this front as of now, but I've been reading the cases on him thus far and am sold on them being null-scum.

I also felt like I should clear the air with my reasoning on my Ryker gambit. I have them as slightly town (c'mon, anybody can claim town), but I feel like they gave the correct reaction given the circumstances against them, in this case a bull**** allegation. However, I felt like they were guiding me D1 to make the moves that they wanted, i.e. pressuring the people they meant to apply pressure to (and some on my own will). However, I wasnt convinced whether these decisions were the right ones for me to make, i.e. serving only as a vote+1. So I did as I was told, got along well, and planned it out. I wanted it to be a game event that people could site back to for reads. I just didn't consider how negatively received it was, felt like a good move before I claimed. Olay, now I'm done talkinf about it as I feel better about Ryker's slot. This was a really long tangent, but that is the reasoning behind my pick to pressure Ryker.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote Count 1:39PM 6/21 Edition

Lore (4): Ryker, Kary, Spak, Rockin
Rockin (4): Pythag, Tom, Ranmaru, Lore
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(1): Mac,
Spak(1):Utopian Poyzin

Not Voting(3): Nabe, FrozenFlame, Gorf

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Here is the scoop on inactives, if they would have hit 3 prods without telling they would be inactive I will he force replacing those players.

JTB is one I am aware of and will work on.

I will check who else needs it.

I am aware of a request for a redo. I am personally against it but if I got enough backing, like 11 players it enough Interest I will look into it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I had JTB on null, UP. I still think he's null, but I wouldn't mind lynching him if we ever go with that route.

Vote: Spak

This is gonna be a rough week for me. I won't be as active as I was previously, but I will leave you with a mega post. I was trying to pack for a flight yesterday, and i flew out last night. If any of you are in Vancouver, don't say anything to me because that would be awkward as hell.

Will be offline for 48 hours, starting 8 hours from now.

Town (most to least):
KevinM
Marshy

Poyzin
Ranmaru
Gorf
Mac

Slight Town:
Ryker
Lore

Null:
Nabe
Pythag
Rockin
Kary

Scumreads:
FrozenFlame
JTB
Spak

Comprehensible next post with quotes. I get that I haven't been reliable time wise, but I am free up until 4:30 Pacific. I will have time this time.
UP, unless you're reasoning is super convincing and legit, I reccommand you rethink who you're voting, as well as what you're doing. Right now, there are several points of interest on wagons are Lore, JTB, myself, and possibly frozen. Your D1 play was skeptical, but the D2 play with the horrible gambit left you in a bad light with several people already (meaning they might be even less to be convinced by your case). Please pick one of those wagons (especially with the situation we're in now).

I also want to state that out of all your scumreads, you're still going after the one person that no had a scumlean on (in this Day phase).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I had JTB on null, UP. I still think he's null, but I wouldn't mind lynching him if we ever go with that route.

UP, unless you're reasoning is super convincing and legit, I reccommand you rethink who you're voting, as well as what you're doing. Right now, there are several points of interest on wagons are Lore, JTB, myself, and possibly frozen. Your D1 play was skeptical, but the D2 play with the horrible gambit left you in a bad light with several people already (meaning they might be even less to be convinced by your case). Please pick one of those wagons (especially with the situation we're in now).

I also want to state that out of all your scumreads, you're still going after the one person that no had a scumlean on (in this Day phase).
While I agree with UP's statements about Spak, I do agree that it appears Spak won't be the play toDay.

I'm confused what you mean by your last sentence though. Are you saying no one had a scumlean on Spak?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
got incredibly dehydrated at work today (im a mover so super rip) so im checking in to let y’all know i exist, but i probably wont be posting until at least tomorrow morning.

honestly feeling less and less comfortable with a lore lynch. some is gut, a lot is how hes been playing and responding to pressure for the last ~36 hours. ill take a deeper dive tomorrow evening after work to get a better picture of the direction i wanna take, especially after (hopefully) ff drops by.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm confused what you mean by your last sentence though. Are you saying no one had a scumlean on Spak?
No one had a particular scumlean on Spak specifically (not the slot, which originally had Jex in it). If they did, I don't remember anyone speaking about it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Just updating people.

I still want Lore->FF->Rockin the most if we're lynching not an inactive.

I don't care which inactive we lynch and they still need to go.

I haven't seen anything else that I really want to make a large post about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He said he'd be around until that time. Unless he meant to say what you said. Tom Tom Where you at.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I confused what you said. I'm trying to chat with him before he leaves.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why FF over Rockin, unless I misunderstand the order?
I've outlined repeatedly why I think FF is scum. I would prefer to remove JTB first before removing FF to double check myself.

Rockin, on the other hand, has coasted and been completely out of touch with the game in the last two games I've played with him, so points revolving around how he's coasted are irrelevant to me. The reason he's on my lynch is the way he's approached wagons. Where he's voted (or hasn't) and when. Again, people have been outlining that all phase.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea kary is right, i suggested the nabe lynch primiarily to pressure nabe into contributing (which clearly failed) but also to get reactions from others about it and at least some initial connections on Nabe (which i think worked). esp necessary since the active players in thread seem to be just going around in circles, and im feeling that the vast majority of active posters are townie

JTB and Rockin are still better lynches than Nabe imo

I don't think the nabe inactivity lynch is a bad idea though, we need to self police for all the reasons previously mentioned in the thread. but it is true, unfortunately, that lynching them gives us little in terms of info and connections, but there's no way around that. eventually we have to lynch coasters cuz it's inherently scummy and anti town

based off the reactions, Rockin looks even worse. he hopped on the nabe wagon with no hesitation. which might not necessarily be that scummy if it wasn't for the fact that he previously expressed strong opposition to those types of lynches. and then when called out about it he changes his tune and gets off the wagon. can't sense any real scumhunting desire from this slot, just seems like he's tryna go along with popular sentiment and vote on competing wagons to him

on the other hand lore has been looking better to me - his whole "town should lynch me asap instead of wasting time" bull**** actually gutread as townie to me. despite the fact that if it were someone like Tom or Kevin or Ryker who said some anti town **** like that, it'd look bad. still wondering from Tom if he shares that view, cuz there's the possibility that it's just a AtE ploy from scumLore

but then I also agree with ryker that Lore doesn't deserve to be lynched cuz he's consistently giving us content compared to slots that actively coasting or just not around. his scumminness will show in time

but i really liked his suggestion about still lynching JTB as a compromise between lynching someone who's been coasting a bit and can also net us some decent connections. seems like Lore is actually considering options and the best things to do for town and not just like willy-nilly hopping on wagons that are not his own.

everyday that goes by coasters are worrying me more, i don't think i'd mind lynching any of them

but top on my list to die are JTB and Rockin. but Nabe, Tom, FF can all go

vote: JTB

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I've outlined repeatedly why I think FF is scum. I would prefer to remove JTB first before removing FF to double check myself.

Rockin, on the other hand, has coasted and been completely out of touch with the game in the last two games I've played with him, so points revolving around how he's coasted are irrelevant to me. The reason he's on my lynch is the way he's approached wagons. Where he's voted (or hasn't) and when. Again, people have been outlining that all phase.
Sounds good to me, was just wondering about the order of priorities. Thanks for the answer.

on the other hand lore has been looking better to me - his whole "town should lynch me asap instead of wasting time" bull**** actually gutread as townie to me. despite the fact that if it were someone like Tom or Kevin or Ryker who said some anti town **** like that, it'd look bad. still wondering from Tom if he shares that view, cuz there's the possibility that it's just a AtE ploy from scumLore
To be clear, that whole spiel was 0% AtE. I just found it bad for town to dance in circles around a lynch without discussing anyone else; it was time to HBC or move on for the time being.

I'm sufficiently satisfied with the discussion that has happened since then, especially with the scum hunting. Even if I end up as the lynch still, my complaint was solved.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lame. I wanted to see your reasoning for the reads list first. It can wait.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see, I was expecting quotes. Well, what made you vote Rockin exactly?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So there are two wagons w/ 4 people on them, being Lore and Rockin. Rockin says that I should put my vote on a wagon rather than on somebody with no votes. Rockin is null for me. I didn't like their tone in their last post, and while I don't feel great about a Rockin vote, I certainly read Lore as town and find it to be in bad play to lynch there. I'd join a JTB wagon if it existed. I hear people talking about it, but no votes according to Red Ryu.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
TL;DR
Rockin is the best wagon in existence. Im not confident with saying they are either alignment, but it will certainly be informative regardless.

Your D1 play was skeptical, but the D2 play with the horrible gambit left you in a bad light with several people already
I also fail to see how this is relevant btw. I'm town: how does my "reputation" change anything. That was rhetorical, (and has no bearing on my vote, just stating)

Top Bottom