• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
TL;DR I would like to read your scum game so I can meta you as scum in this one
Does this make Jexs town or scum? I can't tell exactly from your post.

Is it "I want to know your meta as scum to get a better read on you" or "I want a meta reason to justify calling you scum"

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
you're actually not all that wrong here, and I think I'm closer to maven's mindset than you think. I read it, it felt non-genuine, so I re-scanned it to try to poke at what made it feel off to me.
This might be splitting hairs, but how can you know what Maven's mindset is?

Seems like a scum slip.

As though you are already agreeing that Maven's was just a gut read.
But I don't think you have enough information to know Maven's intentions yet, if you're town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
oh whoops I hit submit I'm tired

can someone else weigh in on this? I know i'm making a lot out of a little, given that it's like page 6, but this is weird, yes?
So what you're saying is --> 'marshy seems fake because he's not voting me yet'

but then you go on to answer your own question by saying --> 'maybe his playstyle is different'

You're asking 'is this weird?' when you should be asking 'does marshy normally play like this?'

You seem flustered at this point.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you gave me a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot Rockin because life's just a ***** sometimes and then I'd probably shoot Maven. If you get a Ran scum flip, we can just go ahead and go home by Day 4.
I mean we all know you're trigger happy but do you have to lean into it to this extent?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
can you elaborate, please.
for instance, is this more because you like marshy, or dislike doop?
bit of a faulty comparison there but i like marshy's post 1 as a warning, and also as a homemade snowball. i like that people responded to it and i like that marshy bit someone for it. its all stuff.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I can't either. Maybe not the wisest thing to do within the first 6 hours of the game, ngl. I mean, i appreciate your trust in me, but if/when I'm the first NK, it's your head on the line. Even if it makes things worse for me, please be cautious of hasty assumptions. (Read me as town day 4 or 5, not now.)
Naaaaaah amigo take that as a good thing man! Like, for your third game being this transparent as a flower child, that's wicked cool! I'd assume JTB is wise enough to not just, like, coast on never considering whether or not you're a ****in narc, but if it's any consolation I just feel like he's speaking truth there. :)

yeah, sure, read below

you're actually not all that wrong here, and I think I'm closer to maven's mindset than you think. I read it, it felt non-genuine, so I re-scanned it to try to poke at what made it feel off to me.

neither piece of advice is bad, but the difference between them makes the post not read to me as a natural line of logic, it reads to me as you going into it with a mindset of wanting to be seen giving advice/LAMIST.

to answer Gorf, I also really don't get why you're keeping an RVS vote on someone who's absent, and not voting me? it's weirdly cautious and I thought my post might prod you into it, but for some reason you double down that you don't like my stance on your opener and that it's different from maven, but you don't want to follow up on that. maybe you're just a less aggressive player, and it's just our styles being opposed, but I can see scum!you not wanting to look like you're omgus-ing me and settling for the tepid fos instead. why fos? why not vote?

can
See, like, you can say you were riding the same wave as Maven here, but you totally jumped the shark in trying to back your vote with a reason, and realistically, that reason is kinda bogus man. Like, objectively speaking, marshy's opening post isn't bad advice man. I seriously doubt marshy or Ryker expected those posts to be read and for people to get a town read on them. I know I didn't think of mine in that way. It's just, like, their objective take on how the most effective way to keep the ****in narcs off our tail. One and done. I'd have to wait on Maven to weigh in, but like the reasoning you gave for your marshy vote (the notion that giving breadcrumbs is gnarly and pr's outing themselves is no bueno is a contradiction) is NOT the same as his post feeling forced. See what I'm saying man?

Your bit about marshy not wanting to vote you, like, makes "sense" I guess, but it strikes me as, like... forced man. I don't know. And I'm not gonna, like, throw in some cockamamie reasoning for why I think it is, but like it seems like it's just there to add more credence to your marshy vote.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
bit of a faulty comparison there but i like marshy's post 1 as a warning, and also as a homemade snowball. i like that people responded to it and i like that marshy bit someone for it. its all stuff.
Do you think that marshy intended for his post to snowball discussion?

I could argue that any meaningful post in RVS was a snowball, because with nothing having happened, things are always going to build up from there.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Utopian if you need any help just proxy your vote on to mine so we can end this quick. Mom's making willow tree chicken salad sandwiches and I wanna move back home by Thursday for em.
you've been missed man

vote mac

he paid for a drink for me a couple months ago so what better way to pay him back

swag
<3 u too bby

also, IF YOURE A PR AND SOMEONE CLAIMS A ROLE THAT CANT EXIST WITH YOUR ROLE PLEASE DONT BE A ******* AND HASTILY OUT YOURSELF TO SECURE THEIR LYNCH.
uhh super questionable advice right here, don't you think this opens up the door for mafia to fish for roles?

Originally, my goal in the game, regardless if I was scum or town, was to survive for as long as possible, resorting only to self-preservation. It was a terrible mindset, especially as town trying to outlast the other townies. I dropped that mentality in the previous game, and am now committed to helping town from then forward.
how would you say your play has differed since having this epiphany?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Self posts about your own play style always strike me as scummy. It’s like you’re setting yourself up for wifoming yourself.
i feel this sentiment

Not sure that straw you’ve grasped will support your weight.

@UtopianPoyzin thanks for your response. I didn’t read the context properly. I’m glad we feel similar.
correct me if im wrong, but this sounds like you think Ranmaru pushing you for not giving an opinion on Uto is invalid doesn't have merit? Am i right? And if so, how does that make you feel about Ran?

Also after Utopian's response and additional context, does that make you feel better about that slot?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mac did you misread Gorfs CAPS LOCK?

Do you think that marshy intended for his post to snowball discussion?
to provoke caution in some and responses in others, pretty much the same

I could argue that any meaningful post in RVS was a snowball, because with nothing having happened, things are always going to build up from there.
But why tho

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I’m just confused because Rockin isn’t dead and no one is trying to counter that wagon with lynching obv scum Ran... am I missing something? D0 takes so long now

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: FrozenFlame

hows it goin dude, got any initial thoughts on Uto and Doop?

also remember when I bodied you at that random Apex a few years ago

#HBC | Gorf

uhh super questionable advice right here, don't you think this opens up the door for mafia to fish for roles?
What are you taaalkin about brother?

Let's say I claim JOAT.
You have a role that can't exist in the game alongside a JOAT as outlined in that forum post.
At that point, you know I'm a ****in narc.

What I'm saying is that you counterclaiming me in order to secure my lynch is a bad idea. I would either wind up being lynched regardless, wind up being lynched down the road if/when you die, or some other sort of circumstance. But like, ultimately, you still keep your PR undercover. Let's say you decide to use your PR and yields a strong result that doesn't have to do with me the next Night. You can totally claim and have even more info than what you would have had if you just outright counterclaimed brother!

I don't wanna go off on all of the cerebral tangents that explain why it's a good idea, but like, do you really think it'd be smart for you to immediately counterclaim me in that hypothetical scenario that I made up there?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
nah? whatchu mean
IF YOURE A PR AND SOMEONE CLAIMS A ROLE THAT CANT EXIST WITH YOUR ROLE PLEASE DONT BE A ******* AND HASTILY OUT YOURSELF TO SECURE THEIR LYNCH.
i read this as "do not be a ****. do not hastily out yourself."

you seem read it as "do not be a ****. hastily out yourself."

which is clearly not his intent

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
What are you taaalkin about brother?

Let's say I claim JOAT.
You have a role that can't exist in the game alongside a JOAT as outlined in that forum post.
At that point, you know I'm a ****in narc.

What I'm saying is that you counterclaiming me in order to secure my lynch is a bad idea. I would either wind up being lynched regardless, wind up being lynched down the road if/when you die, or some other sort of circumstance. But like, ultimately, you still keep your PR undercover. Let's say you decide to use your PR and yields a strong result that doesn't have to do with me the next Night. You can totally claim and have even more info than what you would have had if you just outright counterclaimed brother!

I don't wanna go off on all of the cerebral tangents that explain why it's a good idea, but like, do you really think it'd be smart for you to immediately counterclaim me in that hypothetical scenario that I made up there?
Mac did you misread Gorfs CAPS LOCK?
oh derp, i definitely did misread... carry on

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I got the same thing and commented in the same way earlier. That makes much more sense coming from Gorf.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
fos doop

this is the kinda reachy lawyery way id approach my big post as scum
got this same vibe and Im a ****ing lawyer lmao
Why is this relevant, why post this?

Is this a serious vote? Who told you to watch out for Gorf, and why are you listening to them? Are they in this game, and if so, what do you think of them?

Finally, why didn't you respond or react to my vote on you?
I cant think of a more Ran first post lmao but tbh this is neutral for me lean wise

Ok so Ran is scum that’s cool.
help me see the light bro what am I missing
Man, you're hbc, you're supposed to come at my ***, not this weak fos.

#holding back crew
this is fire and makes me townlean doop
Hey Jex welcome to the thread, would you like to proxy your vote with mine so we can end this game as fast as possible?

Thanks in advance
Sure
vote: Rockin
this eagerness to follow is gross af

Vote: JeXs

vote: FrozenFlame

hows it goin dude, got any initial thoughts on Uto and Doop?

also remember when I bodied you at that random Apex a few years ago
no read on Uto yet and tho I think marshy made a good point early re: doop calling his post "incongruent" (which I think is more town leaning than scummy so I think doops reaction was off there) his response to marshy rehabilitated that read but maybe Im just giving him too much town cred for having "chutzpah" as marshy said

Also yeah those were some one sided friendlies with you and kev Ive gotten much better in the 9 years since we've played. Redemption Bo5 MM next time we cross paths? =P

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also fml work blocks smash boards so Im relegated to phone posting during the day which ****ing sucks ass but Ill try to focus on getting solid activity in during the evenings

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also also gorfs persona is really throwing me for a loop and obfuscating my read on him and Im not sure if thats deliberate which bothers me
I came very close to typing the same thing, but decided to wait and see how hard he worked to make sure he was understood when we got a little farther in.

I think the fact that his text color is bright green makes it even harder to keep my eyes on those paragraphs.

#HBC | Gorf

Im a ****ing lawyer
Hmmmmm...

Are you the type of lawyer that, like, is helping ****ing pigs and fascist political machines rise to the top, or the type that helps flower children like me flourish peacefully in this wonderful green Earth? Do you have any sort of, like, feel on Ran's direction in the game so far outside of his first post, and can you go into a bit more detail about how you feel like Doop's reaction to marshy is more town motivated? Cuz to me, like, it's null at best.

And c'mon man, if you just lean in and smell the walrus, I'm sure you'll be able to hear my words loud and clear man. I'm telling you bro, if you just expand your mind I'm like an open book brother!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I really hate that this site autosaves drafts. I've deleted like 12 shooting the **** posts (I'm just having a blast looking at you guys) and it keeps saving them in the reply box when I refresh to see if there have been posts? Does anyone know if I can turn this **** off? Deleting them is obnoxious as hell on mobile.

#HBC | Gorf

As a blood brother taken away from us by filthy pigs once said, "Judge me not by the color of my font or like the way I speak, but by the content of my character." Just cuz I don't wear a fancy suit or cut my hair or shower every day doesn't mean I deserve any less rights man.

FREEEEEEEEEEDOM! DOWN WITH THE FASCIST REGIME!

I really hate that this site autosaves drafts. I've deleted like 12 shooting the **** posts (I'm just having a blast looking at you guys) and it keeps saving them in the reply box when I refresh to see if there have been posts? Does anyone know if I can turn this **** off? Deleting them is obnoxious as hell on mobile.
Just shoot the **** and you'll never have that problem man! Simple problems have simple solutions brother. :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
With how many times I sit here refreshing when I play mafia, that would quickly expand the page count in this game and I think I'd rather spare people I like that fate.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I’m just confused because Rockin isn’t dead and no one is trying to counter that wagon with lynching obv scum Ran... am I missing something? D0 takes so long now
Do you think Pythag and Ran can be scum together?

Nah. That's just the truth.

If I was just gonna shoot someone, it'd be Maven.
I mean if you've figured out how to read him based off of a single one-line post I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I have to ask why you are posturing.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I came very close to typing the same thing, but decided to wait and see how hard he worked to make sure he was understood when we got a little farther in.

I think the fact that his text color is bright green makes it even harder to keep my eyes on those paragraphs.
I think you have the right approach here

Atleast the obnoxious green text isnt anything new, thats always been a gorf thing so Im not reading any obfuscation related motive on that point
Are you the type of lawyer that, like, is helping ****ing pigs and fascist political machines rise to the top, or the type that helps flower children like me flourish peacefully in this wonderful green Earth? Do you have any sort of, like, feel on Ran's direction in the game so far outside of his first post, and can you go into a bit more detail about how you feel like Doop's reaction to marshy is more town motivated? Cuz to me, like, it's null at best.
well I did legal aid work for two years so mostly Ive been helping the underpriviledged but I just started a new gig as a prosecutor so I guess Ive turned to the facist pig supporting dark side, though I like to think I can do some anti-facist work by making sure cases with blatant constitutional violations get dismissed and offering really lenient plea deals to people with little to no criminal history that keep them out of jail and in the treatment programs they need. Not everyone sees it that way though lol

As for doop, yeah I did see his response as more town but I agree with marshy that his initial comment on marshy's "incongruence" seemed like a reach so I guess on balance Im still null on doop. I don't have much else to add other than that tho, mostly just gut reactions that Im voicing

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I haven't seen anything that makes me like marshy so far and I'm trying to figure out how you got to that position.
it pains me to hear that karebear

i came across this last night and almost posted it. but now i def will to win you over cuz it made me think of you

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Does this make Jexs town or scum? I can't tell exactly from your post.

Is it "I want to know your meta as scum to get a better read on you" or "I want a meta reason to justify calling you scum"
The latter, although I'm null on jexs right now. I'll go more into that later today

Top Bottom