• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
On the second bit, I highly recommend reading the pythag analysis that I just posted. Very weird behavior towards Doop and Utopian. I also disagree on the player connections; we have a scum flip, and that scum's behavior could be extremely telling.
Sure. I agree!

However, your first post left something to be desired and moreso seemed like an attempt to frame other slots behavior in a way to force them onto a team with Doop to allow you to lynch them rather than something that looks legitimate. It hinged on too much assumptions for me to be happy. I can reread it and double check. Give me a moment.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore Can you do me a favor? Look at what I have said about Jex, and re-read Jex with that in mind. I also want you to respond to my UP response to you the previous day phase. I am willing to return the favor in any way, just ask.
I will reread and also respond to your UP bit, I missed that one due to being inactive and putting it off. The quick hammer stopped that. Then I forgot to do so today lol.

I'll reread Jex and think more on them, but I'm pretty focused on Utopian-Pythag in that order. I believe that there are some weird connections with them and Doop.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sure. I agree!

However, your first post left something to be desired and moreso seemed like an attempt to frame other slots behavior in a way to force them onto a team with Doop to allow you to lynch them rather than something that looks legitimate. It hinged on too much assumptions for me to be happy. I can reread it and double check. Give me a moment.
Fair take here, but I will say that 90% of it was based on Doop's own quotes, with me saying that next step is rereading those players lol. I finished Pythag, will reread and analysis Rockin next.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The three players that Doop went after were Pythag, Rockin, and Ran in that order. Ran was merely because his and Tom's interactions were a big focus early on, and it got dropped.

Pythag was consistently pushed by Doop, even after the wagon ran out of steam and the JTB wagon had begun to build. If this was just deflection, Doop could have begun shifting to JTB. In addition, Pythag was on the tail end of that stinky lynch yesterday.

Rockin, however, was being pushed as a housecleaning lynch. Which is slimy (and poor sportsmanship imo) as ****, but I didn't push that yesterday since it seemed like it got dropped early. But with Doop, it seems like he was a-ok with justifying it as a housecleaning lynch, then he backed off with an "oops I misunderstood" that rang a bit hollow.

In addition with Rockin, I have a scum read on Utopian. The only wagon Utopian didn't hop on was Rockin, while Doop, confirmed scum, hopped on Rockin with limpy reasoning.

My current guess is Doop + Utopian + Rockin scum team, with a fair bit of coordination going on behind the scenes to bus separately. I also would like to add Pythag to that list, but I want to deep dive into Pythag and see if there's similar coordination Re: Rockin.

Current lynch pool for me is Utopian, Pythag, Rockin in that order. Pythag over Rockin because my only reason for Rockin is connections to Utopian and Doop. Will reread Pythag soon, with less quotes being reposted. I felt the need to do so with Doop since he flipped scum.
Okay, so first you are assuming here that Doop wanted to push a bus after the wagon ran out of steam instead of staying on a townie and not trying to actually contribute since he's a scumbag.

Here you are assuming that Doop is acting weird around Rockin because it's a bus again instead of because he had no idea of the in-joke but wanted to be sitting on a wagon that had been around on a townie all day because he's a scumbag.

Here you appear to be implying that because Doop and UP treated Rockin differently they must be scum coordinating moving around their other scum mate instead of simply two slots positioning around a talking point. I don't see a link.

You next conclude your scum team is coordinating.

However, all you've done is state things that have happened and then claimed them connected. You have not given any reason for them to be connected, only stated that they are a scum team with a "fair bit of coordination." Occam's Razor completely contradicts this twisting to rationalize a scum team.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like, I understand that all of the things you've mentioned have occurred. What caused you to link them together as some sort of scum plan concocted to fool us townsfolk? For that matter, why were they coordinating these interactions? What was the major gain?

No one here is fighting against the possibility of those slots being connecting. Some people have town reads on some of those players, but if this was their "big plan" then it seems like a complete bust even if Doop made it through the phase.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I dislike this more as I talk about it.

Luckily, I dislike FF more.

WHY IS FF NOT ON ANYONE ELSE'S RADAR RIGHT NOW?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He is, but he's less priority than Jex right now in my eyes.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ran, tell me what you think about Lore and where Lore is looking?

That's a direction neither of us agree with. What do you think?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like, I understand that all of the things you've mentioned have occurred. What caused you to link them together as some sort of scum plan concocted to fool us townsfolk? For that matter, why were they coordinating these interactions? What was the major gain?

No one here is fighting against the possibility of those slots being connecting. Some people have town reads on some of those players, but if this was their "big plan" then it seems like a complete bust even if Doop made it through the phase.
The link is that I suspect Doop was bussing, especially with how I have Utopian as a scum read.

I have Utopian as a hard scum read. The only wagon Utopian didn't hop on was Rockin, and Doop acted weird as hell with Rockin. Even if he wasn't in on the "joke," it was a weird push.

Next, Doop repeated "Pythag Pythag Pythag" extremely consistently, even when the wagon ran out of steam. If this was town, it'd be considered tunneling. But Doop is scum. This means that the Pythag push was either meant to misdirect towards a townie or earn townie points if Pythag flipped later; Doop wasn't the top lynch candidate for a lot of the day, and it's easy to assume that Doop hoped he would live.

Pythag has weird as hell interactions with UP and Doop, as seen in my Pythag breakdown earlier that you appear to have not read. Doop is scum, and UP is scum to me too. Therefore, I suspect Pythag is scum.

Quite a bit of this is predicated on the presumption that UP is scum. I strongly believe he is. Therefore I'd like to kill Utopian first, followed by Pythag and/or Rockin. The choice of Pythag or Rockin comes down to my Rockin reread, on my end.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like the TL;DR is that Utopian is a hard scum read in my book, and I'm reading the other players and interactions based on Doop and Utopian's similarities and differences. Pythag and Rockin are the key common links.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Lore is tunneling past the point of listening to the three people who he asked to weigh in on UP. I'm still waiting on his response to the three of us, and his Jex conclusion after re-reading him. I'm still trying to develop my read on him further.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
WHY do you think Doop was bussing? That's what isn't substantiated. You are trying to link his behavior as a citation for why others are scummy but you haven't said why he wasn't a scumbag just pushing a mislynch.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think Lore is tunneling past the point of listening to the three people who he asked to weigh in on UP. I'm still waiting on his response to the three of us, and his Jex conclusion after re-reading him. I'm still trying to develop my read on him further.
That much is obvious. I'm currently trying to figure out alignment given this behavior.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Last post before lunch, will respond to Ryker after lunch.

I will respond to your earlier UP stuff, but let's be fair here. All of that was before the quick lynch and UP's weird as hell behavior around that lynch. Especially the overreactions after the vote. You're acting like there hasn't been anything new since your posts on UP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's fair, it just seems like you aren't listening and are just pushing towards analysis without considering what we said before you did the buddy analysis. I'd actually like to see how what we said would affect your buddy analysis. Take your time, we'll be here all week.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's fair, it just seems like you aren't listening and are just pushing towards analysis without considering what we said before you did the buddy analysis. I'd actually like to see how what we said would affect your buddy analysis. Take your time, we'll be here all week.
Stayed at work for a bit longer than expected, so short reply.

Yeah that sound fair, re: you wanting me to reread your stuff. Good point on the here all week bit; it's annoying that I'm being considered "tunneling" in literally the first few hours of D2. The day just started.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
**** it, went home to do laundry so I'll have an easier lunch. Won't reply too much but will hit the highlights.

WHY do you think Doop was bussing? That's what isn't substantiated. You are trying to link his behavior as a citation for why others are scummy but you haven't said why he wasn't a scumbag just pushing a mislynch.
Doop mentioned Pythag repeatedly, meaning he either is aiming to mislead town or bus a scum mate.

Pythag had odd interactions with both Doop and UP, and I have UP as a hard scum read. I broke this down post by post.

Therefore if Pythag has weird connections with one confirmed scum and one player I believe to be scum, then the confirmed scum focused on Pythag feels like a bus attempt.

Are you still skimming my posts?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The only wagon Utopian didn't hop on was Rockin, while Doop, confirmed scum, hopped on Rockin with limpy reasoning.
For reference, I also didn't join on the Pythag wagon either, as I have reiterated and you had mocked. Sure it doesn't make me less scum in your book, but at least the bloody facts are there.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Before today, my scum reads were (besides doop) JTB and Spak. I have a bunch of nulls and towns as well, but you didn't ask.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker : Tell me exactly what your night actions were. Preferably sooner rather than later.
I'm not responding to the first post, since it was an argument made in bad faith and full of heat.

But are you literally asking about someone's night actions on D2?! Did he crumb or hint and I missed it?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lemme clarify something real quick Utopian.

By that "not responding" bit related to the first post, I mean to say that you're pretty clearly tilted from your tone. I don't see how a discussion from that post wouldn't devolve into further anger on either side, and I'd rather not continue it if you want to keep up that tone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP, what exactly are you saying? Also vote Spak with me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
**** it, went home to do laundry so I'll have an easier lunch. Won't reply too much but will hit the highlights.

Doop mentioned Pythag repeatedly, meaning he either is aiming to mislead town or bus a scum mate.

Pythag had odd interactions with both Doop and UP, and I have UP as a hard scum read. I broke this down post by post.

Therefore if Pythag has weird connections with one confirmed scum and one player I believe to be scum, then the confirmed scum focused on Pythag feels like a bus attempt.

Are you still skimming my posts?
I mean, townies mention people repeatedly. If I were a perfect scumbag and mimicking my play, I would be looking to mention townies repeatedly because I thought what they had done warranted comment and I wanted people looking at them and not my teammates.

You don't have a solid basis for why it is one or the other. On top of that, you are claiming that it was set-up from the beginning as some sort of malignant master plan they were coordinating. A malignant master plan that involved a player who was overwhelmed enough by the game that they had to replace out.

I think the confidence you have in your scum team acting together in a concentrated effort to all bus one another is preposterous.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Town based on wagon analysis. Town lean based on play.

Just loaded into a League game. I was posting between. Curious about this UP power move.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I mean, townies mention people repeatedly. If I were a perfect scumbag and mimicking my play, I would be looking to mention townies repeatedly because I thought what they had done warranted comment and I wanted people looking at them and not my teammates.

You don't have a solid basis for why it is one or the other. On top of that, you are claiming that it was set-up from the beginning as some sort of malignant master plan they were coordinating. A malignant master plan that involved a player who was overwhelmed enough by the game that they had to replace out.

I think the confidence you have in your scum team acting together in a concentrated effort to all bus one another is preposterous.
I mean let's be real here, "Hey if I bus you, bus me back. Teammate C, ignore us." etc isn't as much of a master plan as it is just basic strategizing.

Out of Game, how's League nowadays? I feel a constant urge to play again, but the sheer length of games always puts me off. I'm debating between League or FF14 as my time sink game, since WoW wasn't too fun for me lately (started last year). I'm down to move this to DGames social too instead.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Side note, I've seen several people (and the op) mention that this is a setup that we can look up, with a grid and stuff for the possible combinations.

Does anyone have a link to that setup info?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I posted all possible remaining combinations earlier.

As for this

I mean let's be real here, "Hey if I bus you, bus me back. Teammate C, ignore us." etc isn't as much of a master plan as it is just basic strategizing.
I dunno about you, but over my mafia career, I have seen VERY few games where something like that was established and thought out from as early as your attributing interactions.

Scum teams coordinate in reaction to developments in the thread and I find it highly unlikely that a team involving slots as inactive as Pythag and Doop are orchestrating **** like you're talking about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore when are you going to respond (me, Gorf, and Jex) and look at Jex as a slot? Can I have a time frame / expected time line for this?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I posted all possible remaining combinations earlier.

As for this

I dunno about you, but over my mafia career, I have seen VERY few games where something like that was established and thought out from as early as your attributing interactions.

Scum teams coordinate in reaction to developments in the thread and I find it highly unlikely that a team involving slots as inactive as Pythag and Doop are orchestrating **** like you're talking about.
Odd, I've had the opposite experience. Probably just anectdotal evidence either way, with both of us having had different experiences coincidentally.

I just don't find it too odd for them to do a bit of coordinating, or even just reacting like you said then asking in scum chat "ok I did this, how do you guys want to react to my stuff?". Stuff like that.

Will dig up your post on combinations, thanks.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore when are you going to respond (me, Gorf, and Jex) and look at Jex as a slot? Can I have a time frame / expected time line for this?
I'm in the middle of digging up the posts now so I can reply, but I'm still not sure how useful it will be given how UP has acted since those responses.

Jex himself means doing a deep dive, which will be longer. But I'm fine with doing it; I questioned Jex earlier on them hopping on a wagon too quick, and while I was satisfied enough with their answer, it was still enough to merit a further look. I was just focusing more on the web of connections that I'm theorizing on.

Honestly looking at Rockin (on my end) might as well take a backburner. My theory hinges on UP flipping scum to tie it together, and all I can really do is push that wagon. I've made my statements, and in a hypothetical where UP is the lynch, flips scum, and I die overnight, I've made my points/analysis clear enough to not bear repeating ad nauseam in case of death.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Tracker, Innocent Child, Bodyguard VS NinJOAT, 1-shot vig

JOAT, Innocent Child VS Jailer 1-shot vig

JOAT Innocent Child VS NinJOAT, 1-shot vig

There's only three possible worlds. I assume the shooter is probably scum because it shot either Kev or Marshy and not Nabe or something. If you disagree, cover it quickly and we'll move on.

I'm at a PC now.
Quoting for my own reference, plus cleaning up the formatting a bit since the site messed it up.

Top Bottom