• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
most of dgames' active population. their part of swf got shut down and they found out that we play mafia here, so the real ones who are tryna play mafia made the migration.

fwiw im shocked to see you posting, to me youre a relic of dgames before i came around and ive been here for 10 years

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Question :

who are all the people who came from NintenZone?
I think pokechu, moydow, Shish, z25, Ura, praline, stoopid unikorn, and opposum are all people who I’ve played recent games with that are nin10zoners. That’s not a complete list and I’m sure someone will come and correct me.

You can tell the difference because nintenzoners are cute and cool, and Dgamers are cool and cute.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We used to have more active users playing around here but many have already lost interest in Mafia games or even left the site altogether.
We used to play in a social group when those were still a thing but whem those died we were kinda forced to move here.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
most of dgames' active population. their part of swf got shut down and they found out that we play mafia here, so the real ones who are tryna play mafia made the migration.

fwiw im shocked to see you posting, to me youre a relic of dgames before i came around and ive been here for 10 years
Wait, so there was a part of smashboards that was called nintenzone? or it was a totally different site?

Crazy how you can't post on this site for years and then everything changes.

I think pokechu, moydow, Shish, z25, Ura, praline, stoopid unikorn, and opposum are all people who I’ve played recent games with that are nin10zoners. That’s not a complete list and I’m sure someone will come and correct me.

You can tell the difference because nintenzoners are cute and cool, and Dgamers are cool and cute.
That's a good distinction.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Wait, so there was a part of smashboards that was called nintenzone? or it was a totally different site?

Not a different site but rather through a part of the forum called "Social Groups" Which you can invite members into basically a private forum. Social groups got shut down, so they moved here. Honestly the only difference between dgames and nintenzone is the type of games they 'typically' run.

D

Deleted member

NintenZone still exists if you wanna check it out. Basically a section for anything regarding Nintendo games.

Only reason its social became active was because the Leaks group was forced to close down back when Smash 4 released and that's where most of the regulars came from

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks, I checked it out!

I never got too involved in the site previously, after high school (and total lack of interest in brawl) I was pretty much limited to the BRoom, so it's interesting to see just how...big the site is? Or how much of the site was unexplored for me.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I played a smash game since Melee for the first time a few months ago. All I did was spam Gannondorf's leg sweeps and won. Put me in coach I'm ready

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
LOL i got 2 infraction points for trolling for my post (since deleted) where i roasted bardull's announcement of no longer being a mod. whoever reported me clearly doesnt understand that im gorf and im allowed to say dumb **** like that. psa next time you think im not being pc enough just call me out instead of snitching plz ty, i get enough infractions as is i dont need one for being innocently hilarious

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
BarDulL BarDulL Owning a sense of morality often gets people in trouble. The most effective solution is always going to cut corners, most people call that efficiency. If people negatively evaluated you on how you moderated an online internet subforum, then it's more likely they are going through some hard times or their period and likely has nothing to do with having beef with you.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
It's a diverse cast of characters. I for one haven't even played a Superior Smash Brother game before.
A few months ago before ultimate came out, I was really surprised that people here were posting about it so much. Then I remembered this was a smash bros forum, and not just a mafia forum.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you are interested in playing a game that looks AWESOME, please check out Doop's PARANOIA - MISSION 1.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!! Don't be intimidated by the size of the rules. It's easy to understand. and AWESOME

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
If you are interested in playing a game that looks AWESOME, please check out Doop's PARANOIA - MISSION 1.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!! Don't be intimidated by the size of the rules. It's easy to understand. and AWESOME
Can confirm that the rules are easy to understand and that the game looks awesome.

Willing to provide a tl;dr for people too.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd appreciate the TL;DR, I started going through the rules and just got perplexed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We're troubleshooters - we find trouble and we shoot it. Praise be to the Computer.

You're assigned two factions - one based on your ideal and one based on your job. You win if everyone left standing is one of your factions. Everyone gets an action each phase - included shooting at someone, ducking to avoid being shot, or any of the special abilities or tech you get from your ideal/job. If you're shot once, your shield protects you. If you're shot twice at one, you're wounded. If you're shot a bunch at once, you die. If you're wounded, someone can heal you. If you're shot while wounded, you die. Most actions results are made public, as we can all see each other shooting.

The game is designed so that if you win, you get to play as that guy you made again but leveled up. If you die, gotta make a new guy. Luckily we're all clones.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Anyone have any good books suggestions? I have been appropriately shamed by my friends for reading one book in the past three years so I am aiming to fix that.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Anyone have any good books suggestions? I have been appropriately shamed by my friends for reading one book in the past three years so I am aiming to fix that.
The City and The City, by China Mieville
October, by China Mieville
Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat, by Samin Nosrat
Programming in D, by Ali Cehreli
The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins
Why Buddhism Is True, by Robert Wright

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun 1. The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood [David Simon]
2. Blaming the Brain: The Truth About Drugs and Mental Health [Elliot Valenstein] free pdf online
3. The War of the Soups and the Sparks: The Discovery of Neurotransmitters and the Dispute Over how Nerves Communicate [Elliot Valenstein]
4. BRS Neuroanatomy [Fix] free pdf online
5. BRS Physiology [Costanzo] free pdf online

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ill thow in my 2 cents for book recommendations

Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Capital in the 21st Century by Thomas Piketty

Inadequate Equilibria by Eliezer Yudkowski

So like, my dudes what has everyone been up to? I can't believe Im seeing the people Im seeing posting these last couple pages!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ill thow in my 2 cents for book recommendations

Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Capital in the 21st Century by Thomas Piketty

Inadequate Equilibria by Eliezer Yudkowski

So like, my dudes what has everyone been up to? I can't believe Im seeing the people Im seeing posting these last couple pages!
Right back atcha! How you been man?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Been doin pretty well man, I moved across the country from western New York to Albuquerque, NM in October to start a new job as a trial attorney in the General Crimes division of the Bernallilo County District Attorney's Office so things are still pretty fresh out here for me. I was on a 2 year legal aid contract in a small rural legal aid firm near my hometown prior but I wasn't getting enough trial experience and a few of my buddies from law school were working out here and kinda recruited me to come out and join the team. It's been really challenging but rewarding and of course great for my resume in the long run because it isn't hard to sell felony trial experience to prospective employers as something meaningful haha.

Other than that nothing too crazy really. Still grindin on my favorite games as I can fit them in and whatnot. I went to evo this year and went like 6-2 in melee, just 2 matches shy of breaking out of R1 pools which landed me like 240ish overall? I've also been doin a 3 night a week schedule on a mythic raid team in retail WoW. I used to play hardcore back in the WoTLK days but then I was talking about the game with someone I work with and he recruited me to his team. I missed raiding like crazy and it's been a blast, we're sitting US top 1000 teams right now which is like right at the level of commitment thats comfortable to me; I get to see all the hardest content but I'm also not expected to play the game much outside of the scheduled raid times which is nice because I just do it basically as a way to wind down before bed on a few weekdays. And other than that just trying to see the sights out here more, do some hikes, get involved in some outdoor sports like ultimate or tennis to keep active, stuff like that. Definitely kind of building a new routine after the big relocation ya know? Hbu man?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Been doin pretty well man, I moved across the country from western New York to Albuquerque, NM in October to start a new job as a trial attorney in the General Crimes division of the Bernallilo County District Attorney's Office so things are still pretty fresh out here for me. I was on a 2 year legal aid contract in a small rural legal aid firm near my hometown prior but I wasn't getting enough trial experience and a few of my buddies from law school were working out here and kinda recruited me to come out and join the team. It's been really challenging but rewarding and of course great for my resume in the long run because it isn't hard to sell felony trial experience to prospective employers as something meaningful haha.

Other than that nothing too crazy really. Still grindin on my favorite games as I can fit them in and whatnot. I went to evo this year and went like 6-2 in melee, just 2 matches shy of breaking out of R1 pools which landed me like 240ish overall? I've also been doin a 3 night a week schedule on a mythic raid team in retail WoW. I used to play hardcore back in the WoTLK days but then I was talking about the game with someone I work with and he recruited me to his team. I missed raiding like crazy and it's been a blast, we're sitting US top 1000 teams right now which is like right at the level of commitment thats comfortable to me; I get to see all the hardest content but I'm also not expected to play the game much outside of the scheduled raid times which is nice because I just do it basically as a way to wind down before bed on a few weekdays. And other than that just trying to see the sights out here more, do some hikes, get involved in some outdoor sports like ultimate or tennis to keep active, stuff like that. Definitely kind of building a new routine after the big relocation ya know? Hbu man?
I got into WoW last year, it's fun! I'm taking time off though, since the current expansion's gameplay isn't grabbing me too much. It's not a bad expansion, I just have other games that I want to focus on for a bit lol.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got into WoW last year, it's fun! I'm taking time off though, since the current expansion's gameplay isn't grabbing me too much. It's not a bad expansion, I just have other games that I want to focus on for a bit lol.
Nice! Did you do any mythic raiding? and if so what bosses have you seen? I love to ***** about the mechanics with people who've also had to suffer their beatdowns lol Also what class are you playing? I'm maining shadow priest right now but I offspec holy for some fight when my guild needs a flex healer

Tbh I'm probably gonna take a bit of a step back from it soon as well, I'm getting a little burned out on it. Plus I don't want to be playing both BFA and Classic when classic drops. I have a lot of old friends coming back to atleast dabble with Classic on launch so that's where my attention will be at the end of august

Last edited:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
frozenflame bro it sounds like you're living your best life. Super happy to hear it. you took a leap and moved cross country for your career - I'm gonna be shopping myself around a lot in 2020 and nowhere is off the table. Playin Melee and WoW in 2019 dude can you believe it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
frozenflame bro it sounds like you're living your best life. Super happy to hear it. you took a leap and moved cross country for your career - I'm gonna be shopping myself around a lot in 2020 and nowhere is off the table. Playin Melee and WoW in 2019 dude can you believe it.
Yeah man, it was part wanting to do something completely different job wise, wanting to see a new part of the country, and part just needing to like hit a reset button and immerse myself in an entirely new experience having just gotten out of a relationship that had run its course. Not sure if its my best life but it sure feels like I'm moving in the right direction haha. And yeah man, I mean I know deep down I'll probably never really drop melee ("no one really quits smash" right?) but I would've never guessed I'd be progression raiding again like 10 years after leaving it when my old guild collapsed. It's not quite the same without playing with my old buddies but the game really is rewarding when you down that really high level content. And now I'm adding mafia to my plate of never ending feasting on games from my past =P

What kinda work/living situation you shopping around for these days?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
tryna leverage a wholesale management position into some kind of corporate operational gig and happy with like dozens of locations, so we'll see what and where we land

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

I’m doing well, after a long time, I’m doing good.

Not sure how much you knew, but after moving back from Thailand in 2015, I was kinda in a bad way. I moved out to California in 2017, and have been attending a seminary out here in Southern California, which has been nice, and I’m looking to graduate in 2020. I don’t have a desire to be a pastor or employed at a church, but the education is still great for my faith.

After rough transitions and much soul searching over the past 3 years I can honestly say that I am really...I don’t even know if I would say happy, but I am content. That feels amazing!

I’m keeping this short cause I’m on mobile and in Israel rn, but that’s the long and short of things currently. It’s good to see you back here!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nice! Did you do any mythic raiding? and if so what bosses have you seen? I love to ***** about the mechanics with people who've also had to suffer their beatdowns lol Also what class are you playing? I'm maining shadow priest right now but I offspec holy for some fight when my guild needs a flex healer

Tbh I'm probably gonna take a bit of a step back from it soon as well, I'm getting a little burned out on it. Plus I don't want to be playing both BFA and Classic when classic drops. I have a lot of old friends coming back to atleast dabble with Classic on launch so that's where my attention will be at the end of august
Sadly not, I didn't have enough time to really dedicate to mythic raiding. It's a big commitment lol, but I'd love to do it some day.

For me I started as DK, got super bored, and swapped to Mage. Mostly Frost. It's pretty fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom