• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
DGames average skill level, in general, is leagues above everywhere else I've played. There's good players everywhere, but average skill level is what says the most about a community.
Curious on why you think this. I think that skill level can be a bit skewed to understand as we've all played with each other and understand our habits, which gives a bias towards everyone. Being good at reading those you know is much different than reading people you don't. Not saying people here are easy to read, but I digress.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How many times have people come here from elsewhere and had intrinsic bad habits, faulty logic, transparent scumtells etc? Often enough that Ryker's point definitely, definitely has merit imo

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
hey guys its been a while

its crazy to think back to when i used to play regularily here... I remember fire & lightning 2 so dearly back when i was in high school skipping class and getting threatened to get kicked out, now im graduated and looking for a job as a game developer.
life is weird and i do miss the spark that mafia used to bring with it. Ryker invited me to hydra a while back but I just can't commit the time to this game knowing that I don't like it as much anymore. The room seems pretty dead too.

personal rant aside
yeah having played on multiple places this is definitely one of the more talented player bases - people are not afraid to ignore the norm (though sometimes to a fault - being unique was almost a requirement) and i think that's kick-ass af. if anything, ive got a lot of memories of not just games, but also specific players' personas and their quirks. sitting down to play mafia it wasnt Ramses but it was Xonar (or Brosuke, whatever), and across me was Ryker, EE, Marshy, etc. To me that's a part of the dGames experience that I always held dear.
oops thats a personal rant again.

<3 y'all

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
DGames to me is just a sentimental piece of becoming more of a person. I might not be here as much but there's a reason why I still check it from time to time, and that's the community. I don't think it's dead per-se, I just feel that it's quieted down because a lot of the playerbase has grown up, myself included. Did you guys know I'm 22? I had a birthday just a couple of days back.

How old was I when I played my first Mafia game? I was 15. That's 8 years. A lot of my motivation to keep coming back then was because I wanted to prove my worth to you all, and I didn't just wanna be soup who got himself modkilled and was too emotional. I dunno if I ever hit that stride but it sure was fun trying to get there. I got a lot of great advice from a Mafia and Personal perspective from you all, and that's something that I'll always be grateful for.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Happy birthday Soup. Has it really been 8 years? (or more) Man. I'm starting to get grey hairs.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
95%+ chance that Im gon a need at least one replacement in The Cold. Sigh.

Zonie......?

I mean when you want dat mafia spark but mafia itself dont scratch the itch.......

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also there's a car commercial that keeps playing the song I chose for a character's death in The Cold if it should happen. It plays a few dozen times a day and it's eerie. If they die first............. Sorcery

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
1. You damn troll lmfao, totally got me

2. The idea of Zen in an AGame is EXTREMELY intriguing

3. Yes, sorry but AIM Ais the primary platform of AGames. Ive tried other clients that just didn't work out for some reason. It has a phone app as well ask desktop and browser, and I think there are crosscompatible better clients like trillian or pidgin too which is handy.

I know lots of people would prefer discord but the game is too far in to change client and honestly discord has such a delay in creating chat rooms for me that it would be absolutely unworkable every time the game gets hectic

But it's also worth it just ask one of my satisfied customers. Think of it as launching any other really good PC game imo

Send me a PM with what sort of character traits appeal to you. Only replacing on an as needed basis but there might be a way we can work it ynever know

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Trillian > Pidgin because pidgin is ugly. I use aim web and aim text mostly though, because it sometimes ****s up on my computeer.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Something we haven't done in a longass time is advertizing this place.

I know for a fact there's a lot of somewhat new people on SWF that have lots of time, people that are on the smash 4 character boards 24/7. I'm sure some of them are actually smart people. Some of them may have played mafia IRL before or are generally interested.

I might host a newbie mafia once Ran's game is well on its way if we can reach people.

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
the million jigglypuffs gave it away zen smh
its been so long since we've had a good conversation hope you've been holding up well!

also my only experience with agames i felt cringey af (though probably in part due to my inexperience and stuff) so im just gonna pass even tho zen already accepted. havent touched AIM in forever either wow

AIM has some memories attached to it too like me trying to learn english LOL

Last edited:

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Y'all miss me?

No?

Well alllllllright then fair enough. I'll mosey on down to a different saloon. Preferably one with blackjack and hookers.

So I'm done with the worst of my work plate for the year and down on into what I like to call my autumn wind-down. Many a varmint up to no-goodery in 2016! Good for business. Bad for the human race. Good for the government when I catch yer ass on back taxes but I think I already dun said too much

How are yall anyway. Looks like somebody's back. He means nothin' to me and is therefore a no good sonova steer 'til I see otherwise but at least he can string a sentence together.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Y'all miss me?

No?

Well alllllllright then fair enough. I'll mosey on down to a different saloon. Preferably one with blackjack and hookers.

So I'm done with the worst of my work plate for the year and down on into what I like to call my autumn wind-down. Many a varmint up to no-goodery in 2016! Good for business. Bad for the human race. Good for the government when I catch yer *** on back taxes but I think I already dun said too much

How are yall anyway. Looks like somebody's back. He means nothin' to me and is therefore a no good sonova steer 'til I see otherwise but at least he can string a sentence together.
Hey, Del! This thread has turned into a trip down memory lane, but my memory of this place only extends about an eighth of most of the people posting stuff lol. I've missed you, though, so stay a while and relax. There's also another game (Ran's game) currently being filled if you came here to quench your thirst for a good game of Mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb makes a good point. I was invited here by terywij through the Mario Boards. I was basically peer pressured into it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@Ksonar: Actually the odds are very high I'm going to need numerous replacements... sigh :(

@Del: If you join my game I promise to invent a machine that gives BJs and can shapeshift into the guise of the celebrity of your choosing then I'll release a super expensive DLC it should've had in the first place where you can also adjust the age/era of his/her look

EDIT: Del is an actual member? Well. Egg upon my face.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
For what it's worth I started playing here when I was in 7th grade and now I'm a freshman in college. It's still crazy thinking about certain games and realizing "Oh ****, that was 4 years ago"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Something we haven't done in a longass time is advertizing this place.

I know for a fact there's a lot of somewhat new people on SWF that have lots of time, people that are on the smash 4 character boards 24/7. I'm sure some of them are actually smart people. Some of them may have played mafia IRL before or are generally interested.

I might host a newbie mafia once Ran's game is well on its way if we can reach people.

:059:
Problem is that this group no longer has the outreach on those same character boards. Instead of half the DGamers, like 3 of them constantly visit other boards.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're not really missing much with Smash4 anyway. Remember that one time that gorf was suckin' on a lollipop? Ha.

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
You're not really missing much with Smash4 anyway. Notice I own Smash 64, Melee, and Smash4 but I rarely play them now because I'm trying to be a writer and do other activities to be productive in life.
quit all that lame stuff and vs me

BarDulL

Town Vampire
TL;DR - Raz's 7 month relationship with his girlfriend is entering a pre-mature engagement at which point things will turn out disastrously when she goes back to school. He will enter an abyss of hatred and distorted ideologies after she hits it up with some jock back at her college. Raz will subsequently return to us, but his oscillating emotions will cloud his judgment, turning him into D1 lynch fodder for the first time in a long time in his mafia playing career.

#HBCprophecy

Just kidding Raziek Raziek , I love you. I think it's hella dope that you found someone you really get along with and have common ground with. Congrats my dude.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Thanks Bardeezy :D

I am very very happy. And I probably will never be back to play mafia unless something very unusually appealing comes up in the next 8 months while Steph is finishing school. I don't have the time for it these days.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Congrats RAZ

I'll take this opportunity to say: For those who hadn't joined my game, BE SURE TO BE A SUB

sub sub sub sub sub

:pimp:

Top Bottom