• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Orboknown

Smash Hero
lol psyche, turns out my problems are as bad as ever?

Okay guys, does anybody know anything about Acer laptops, other than to never buy one again obviously? I've been having networking/network config problems pretty much since I bought this goddamn thing. If you're wondering what those technical difficulties I've been having are, it's that literally 99.999% of the time if I'm on SWF and I try to make a post, it just... won't.

I'm on a different network than I normally use, which I'd love to say is the issue, but nah. I have constant weird problems. Was torrenting I MEAN LEGALLY PURCHASING, MY MISTAKE some stuff earlier and kept getting weird pathway errors (cannot find download location... checked advanced, it's trying to download to oneDrive despite that I never use oneDrive... fix it.... still happens the first time until I force restart the torre-- PURCHASE). or the internet (even this connection) will go spotty on me and start failing to open pages, or tell me my connection isn't secure and give me an error page. A lot of swearing and F5ing and it works again.... lather rinse repeat. so I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the computer that is made worse by the badness of my usual wifi hookup, as opposed to a problem merely with that one wifi.
Try connecting to your router with an ethernet cable vs using the wifi. Its not the best fix but it would help with the connection dropping
Guys I might be considering travelling to Korea during September 2nd - September 11th

First time travel
where in korea

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some antivirus programs start dragging down your computer by a ridiculous amount once their trial phases expire. Check the whole system to see if there are any such programs left somewhere in the depths of drive, deleting them fixed a lot of issues to for me.

:059:

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Hi guys

You may already be up to date on this, but I thought I'd pop in with new information about your representative.

They have been been scheduled for the game below.

Game 7 - June 6 (72/24 phases, American deadlines)
Azrael (MTG Salvation)
Cobalt (Gay Teen Forum)
Colby11 (The Giraffe Boards)
fdas (Art of Problem Solving)
GGG (Calgarypuck Forums)
Gorf (Smashboards)
heuristically_alone (xkcd)
Kennigit (CivFanatics)
Khris Kruel (Something Awful)
Leelou (JetNation)
Legato Endless (Giant in the Playground)
MightySpeck (Warlight)
Newcomb (Dark Lord Potter)
SilverKeith (MafiaLandia)
Stanari (Flight Rising)
tmofer.mashiro (Kaskus)
yogsloth (GOG)

The game is taking place on Mafia Universe. You can find the specific subforum dedicated to the championship here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/forums/36-The-Mafia-Championship-2016

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 200 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. It's way more active than the on-site ones. Just add me: thingyman.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! :)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
#HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker and anyone else interested. One week until Four Job Fiesta!

http://fourjobfiesta.com/index.php

I dunno what kind of run to register for. I got pretty much the worst possible run with Natural Chaos Berserker Risk.
Upgrade Crystals is the new thing this year. Every time you unlock a new job, all 4 of your characters have to be that job, but you can still use any abilities you learned on your previous jobs. You'd have to grind if you want to get any high end abilities off your early jobs, or you can just not worry about it, since it's not like it's not possible to win a Natural run.

Maven89

Smash Master
Can anyone recommend any good Roguelike games that are free?

The only thing close to Roguelike that I've played are Sunless Sea and Dwarf Fortress. I heard some people count FTL but I'm not a big fan of that game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Upgrade Crystals is the new thing this year. Every time you unlock a new job, all 4 of your characters have to be that job, but you can still use any abilities you learned on your previous jobs. You'd have to grind if you want to get any high end abilities off your early jobs, or you can just not worry about it, since it's not like it's not possible to win a Natural run.
Eww, incentivizing grinding.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
yea, I'd say if u do upgrade crystals, do No750 so u don't have any magic classes that will just give you magic skills that become outdated. If you get Knight or Monk or something, u get abilities off them that don't expire.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker and anyone else interested. One week until Four Job Fiesta!

http://fourjobfiesta.com/index.php

I dunno what kind of run to register for. I got pretty much the worst possible run with Natural Chaos Berserker Risk.
Did Natural Chaos BERSERKER RISK again this year because it is likely the most entertaining spectator run.

Guys, if you want to donate to a great donation and have some fun, I am going to be streaming this madness and accepting pledges for Game Completion and for each of the optional bosses. I'll let you know when I'm streaming.

Maven89

Smash Master
Just saw the Warcraft movie. I had really, really low expectations, but the movie still fell beneath them. I'm actually baffled at how confusing the movie was. I played since Warcraft 2, and I had real trouble understanding this movie. All I wanted was some fun warcraft orcs vs humans, instead I got an attempt at serious storytelling that failed miserably. Not even a single orc going "zugzug".

I don't think Batman v Superman is as bad as the critics say. This movie is.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see. Never played WoW, did play Blackthorne though. Loved the story.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Warcraft just seems like such an odd source material to adapt. I don't know how they thought they could make a coherent movie out of it.

Also I graduated high school on thursday so that's nice

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm desperate. Need 2 more people to join that Monty Python game. Cmon bros

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
YO

anyone tryna write a dgames rap? we write that **** i record and getta beat just need lyrics. other ****** hop on too if they want. i wanted to do this awhile back but my summer is jus now opening up

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
every day it seems we gotta deadline lynch
i read a ****ty case and cannot help but wince

damn that **** is hot. swag

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

we can do a jumpman parody or something harder. heres a potential first verse and beginning of second. this **** will sound harder when i lay down the vocals and we find a good beat

dgames dgames dgames we aint got no shame
in our games we be quick lynchin all dem lames
im barely even readin any of the posts
skimmin hardbody cuz i am tryna coast
if dey catch me lurkin man im good as toast
ill ask for a replacement ill contact the host
every day it seems we gotta deadline lynch
i read a ****ty case and cannot help but wince
that case is long as hell and has a lot of bad logic
smack that case so bad its kind of erotic
me and gorf we wilin we be flexin swag WHOA
used to mod the room before the forum tags OH!
dgames dgames dgames thats da room we reppin
dgames dgames dgames hardbody crew wreckin
we get the job done quick thats cuz we never stallin SWAG
we do our thang and of course it is always ballin SWAG

everyday i see vomit thats spit on the page
if that **** gets liked boy prepare for rage
no capitals my ***** i am radical
dumb **** happen yu kno the salts palpable

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
gorf kept it g had swag and balled up hardbody. g job *****