• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So.....has DGames pretty much died?
Not really. We have a game going and sign-ups for another. It'll probably be a while before that one fills up, though, and the mod seems to have gone V/LA. It's not as big as it was a year ago (that's when I got here, so I can't speak for long before that,) but it's still running pretty well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was considering filling out that application, but the last line is too much work. I already had to skip Trump and come back to him because I couldn't stop finding more things to list.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Trump jokes would be funnier if his nomination wasn't a representation of the progressively bad presidential candidates competing for Republican nominations for the past decade.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
What's sadder is the fact that people aren't outraged that his entire presidential platform is just a marketing ploy for Trump Inc. espousing the adage "There's no such thing as bad publicity." I'm pretty sure he blatantly disseminates false information on anything current in order to not win, but gain attention in the polls. I'm sure people think it's great that he's running for president thinking that this will show the country that we're so riddled with problems we have a millionaire portraying a character that is xenophobic, misogynistic, and a pathological liar representing the GOP. Although honestly the saddest part is that corruption as a whole will never get addressed within any of the three bodies when your oversight committee is using taxpayer funds to print out commemorative fake coins of a 5-star vacation in order to review oversight policies somewhere in the Bahamas.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Another thing that's pretty sad is he was Democratic his entire life until '87 (when he went Republican,) then he switched back to Democratic from '01 to '09 (with a '99-'01 Reform party stint.) Trump is the least Republican candidate the GOP has ever had; he's spent more time as a Democrat than Republican in the 21st century, and in his entire life for that matter.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Another thing that's pretty sad is he was Democratic his entire life until '87 (when he went Republican,) then he switched back to Democratic from '01 to '09 (with a '99-'01 Reform party stint.) Trump is the least Republican candidate the GOP has ever had; he's spent more time as a Democrat than Republican in the 21st century, and in his entire life for that matter.
I think the GOP just turned into a presumptive caricature of itself to the point that it became just absurdist. I don't think that there is even identity politics within the party aside from closing down abortion clinics, more voter ID requirements, restricting funding to welfare programs, walling out illegal immigrants, and manifesting itself as being the status quo party for religious Christians.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It makes you wonder if news channels will ever come out and just admit that our country is so devoid of decency that if you can fund something then it is now legitimized to most people in this country. It's even sadder though that people limit their intellectual curiosity by what drives their wallet while decrying the fact that we live in an apathetic country consumed by corporate interest. It really makes you wonder whether actuaries are actually correct in assuming that the value of a dead human being is how many years they were expected to live their life working multiplied by their current hourly pay check when it comes to compensation of a human life.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
It's a reactionary thing. Society is changing so fast that people are scared. Thing is, they should be scared. Everyone should be scared, the future looks like it can be horrifying and history gives no reason to believe otherwise. Modernization is taking place all over the world, and traditional families, religious organizations and long time cultural standards are being paved beneath. Even the concept of nation states is being questioned. When you start to push over every pillar in a person's life they panic. You shouldn't blame them, blame the people exploiting them and selling them scapegoats.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/66-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/

And I've finished my run. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this mod. It does a lot to fix the problems FF6, an otherwise stellar game, still possessed. I'm just about ready to turn around and play it again. I strongly recommend it to FF6 fans and fans of RPGs who have never played FF6 alike.

#HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker Let the record state that the most recent patch has curbed the issues both you and I had with the translation previously.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Hey, yo.

I'm running a video game music guessing contest, cross-site. Probably 30 songs, with scoring and a prize, possibly prizes. I'd like to limit this forum's interactions to DGames, so quote me here or PM me so I know you're interested, and I'll get you in through PMs when it starts. (Maybe a week?)

Let's win decisively~

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hey, yo.

I'm running a video game music guessing contest, cross-site. Probably 30 songs, with scoring and a prize, possibly prizes. I'd like to limit this forum's interactions to DGames, so quote me here or PM me so I know you're interested, and I'll get you in through PMs when it starts. (Maybe a week?)

Let's win decisively~
Sounds like a cool challenge. I'd have to make sure the challenge isn't within school hours before signing up, though.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hey, yo.

Let's win decisively~
Oh baby.

Maven89

Smash Master
I doubt I'd get a single song right, but I'll play if there's spots

Whats to stop people from googling the music?

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I doubt I'd get a single song right, but I'll play if there's spots

Whats to stop people from googling the music?
Maybe Nabe could download MP3s of the music, re-upload them as private YouTube videos with song numbers, then send us the link for a song when that song's challenge period begins?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/66-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/

And I've finished my run. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this mod. It does a lot to fix the problems FF6, an otherwise stellar game, still possessed. I'm just about ready to turn around and play it again. I strongly recommend it to FF6 fans and fans of RPGs who have never played FF6 alike.

#HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker Let the record state that the most recent patch has curbed the issues both you and I had with the translation previously.
I finished my playthrough of the "clean" version about a week ago and enjoyed it a great deal. I had heard that basically every boss fight in the WoR is a ridiculous slog, but for me it was quite easy. I did do quite a bit of grinding tho. All my guys were level 35+ and had maxed out ELs. Oddly enough, my MVP was probably Cyan, who is normally one of the worst characters in the game. 2nd would be a tie between Terra and Celes. Sabin did what he typically does, which is ****ing carry the early game, and even out to average by the endgame. The mod does a great job of balancing everyone, you just have to figure out how the new stuff works.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I finished my playthrough of the "clean" version about a week ago and enjoyed it a great deal. I had heard that basically every boss fight in the WoR is a ridiculous slog, but for me it was quite easy. I did do quite a bit of grinding tho. All my guys were level 35+ and had maxed out ELs. Oddly enough, my MVP was probably Cyan, who is normally one of the worst characters in the game. 2nd would be a tie between Terra and Celes. Sabin did what he typically does, which is ****ing carry the early game, and even out to average by the endgame. The mod does a great job of balancing everyone, you just have to figure out how the new stuff works.
Locke was my hero. Full Vigor death monster.

You're cordially invited to be a part of my rerun. I intend to run a reverse draft with a friend of mine. I want to run more set-ups.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Hey, yo.

Let's win decisively~
hi me i want to play

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Hey, yo.

Let's win decisively~
Eh.

/in :174:

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Finally played my first final fantasy with 10. Greatly enjoying myself even if I inadvertently spoiled myself by

knowing Jecht is Sin and Tidus is just a dream

But still greatly enjoying myself regardless. What other FF games should I give a chance after 10? Please keep in mind while I do know the spoiler I don't know the context so there are still details I can learn about. I'm about 5 hours in after getting manhandled by the Luca Goers and missing the Jecht Shot minigame on accident.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Finally played my first final fantasy with 10. Greatly enjoying myself even if I inadvertently spoiled myself by

knowing Jecht is Sin and Tidus is just a dream

But still greatly enjoying myself regardless. What other FF games should I give a chance after 10? Please keep in mind while I do know the spoiler I don't know the context so there are still details I can learn about. I'm about 5 hours in after getting manhandled by the Luca Goers and missing the Jecht Shot minigame on accident.
6, 7, 10, and 13 are the ones people talk about the most. I prefer the first two.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think FFX is pretty bad as far as FF games are concerned. Annoying protagonist, generelly poorly done characters, story is shallow and cliched, gameplay extremely linear ...

FFIX, VI and IV are the best imo.

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I liked FFX, but I've only played FFVII up to where my disc (I forget if it's disc 1 or 2) is scratched causing one of the unavoidable enemy's specials makes the game crash, half of X, and a little of VI. Also, I'm surprised Gheb didn't mention the voice acting in his critique of the game; it sucked pretty badly.

Anyways, I would recommend Chrono Trigger and Legend of Dragoon over pretty much any FF game; their battle systems still feel fresh today (opposed to most older FFs, where the battle system feels unoriginal because their design has been copy and pasted everywhere in the past 20 years,) they provide solid gameplay experiences, and despite technical limitations and CT's shortness, they are two of the most enjoyable RPGs I've come across.

Captain Marvel!

Smash Rookie
Hey, yo.

Let's win decisively~
Can I play? I promise I won't use Shazam.

Maven89

Smash Master
me too! i like capitalism and im a #hillaryforprison2016 guy, so logically that calls for the unstumpable :)
Dude wants to remove our global influence, set up a system where it's in everyone's self interest to remove us, and then give them nuclear weapons. I don't like Hillary at all but I put the chances of her destroying our global standing pretty low

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't like Hillary at all but I put the chances of her destroying our global standing pretty low
My main problem with Hillary is I can't expect her to be honest in any sense of the word. She likely lied about Benghazi (possibly to blame for the death of 4 Americans,) deleted evidence off of her private E-Mail server which she was using for official business (using a private server for gov't business isn't a good policy to begin with,) and is very hypocritical (she is always trying to get "woman's equality," but she only paid her female workers on average 72% of what she paid male workers from '02 to '08.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom