• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It's weird because I've gotten over so many of my insecurities and have a much better self-image than I used to. I've been on Accutane for my acne for over 5 months now and my skin looks a lot better, and I'm actually comfortable with how I look. I have a good group of close friends and I've been in a healthy relationship for over a year now. I don't really know what I'm struggling with, but I seriously shut down at the thought of talking to people I don't know (ordering at a restaurant stresses me right out, I get other people to buy things at the movie theatre/corner store for me, etc) and if I haven't done something before chances are I'll freak out about it and try to find any excuse possible not to do it and to stay home instead,

I get the same way too. I prefer to stay at home and relax compared to a night-out with friends. I don't like noisy parties and talking on the phone with someone can be nerve wracking. I have people I consider friends but I hardly talk to, because I'm not comfortable and I don't feel I have anything to say. However, I get over my insecurities because I realize how important it is to be able to converse with people on a daily basis, so just hone your small talk and how you present yourself, but that doesn't mean you need to completely change from an introvert to an extrovert over-night. Focuses on your positives and don't feel you need to force yourself to be sociable, because there are plenty of other people out there just like you. In fact, the person you're trying to talk to might even feel the same way as you do.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's true.

I do actually enjoy going out with friends though and I can be quite social with people I know; I'm a completely different person in those situations. And I'm also fine with being awkward and introverted at first. It's what initially drew my current girlfriend to me and it's who I am, so that's whatever. But I hate how I walk with my head down, and get other people in my life to do everything for me because I can't do it on my own, and how I am both unemployed and not in school because I can't get the balls to go drop off applications for anything or call to ask any questions. I want to be self-sufficient and proud, able to do things on my own and actually be doing something with my life. Right now I'm sort of wasting away.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
If you didn't do anything on your own, you wouldn't be trying to change yourself for the betterment of others. Tell yourself you can land that job. Tell yourself you can walk with confidence. The key to being self-sufficient is believing that you can be self-sufficient. You're already half-way there trying to change yourself, now you need to take a step out of your comfort box and get the things you want. You don't seem like a person who is content with who he is, and it seems like you do want a job and a education. The only thing that's stopping you is yourself, and I'm certain other people have told you that. Take the time to look around town and go into places and just ask them that you're interested in working there. They can't deny you an application. Also, call-backs are super important so don't think filling in an application means you're set. You need to show your interest and show them that you want to work there. People also can't deny you an education. I don't know how the system works in Canada but high-school dropouts can still apply for a G.E.D. Did you finish High school, by the way?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah I finished High School, no problem there. I just didn't apply for any colleges or anything because I had no idea what I was going into yet and wanted a year off to work, which evidently hasn't been happening yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just do it, Potato. I had to learn it and it's hard to learn. It's something you have to actively tell yourself over and over. You're by far not the only person with such an issue.

:059:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i missed asdioh

i'm hard dodging all conversation related to intelligence, introversion and various versions of football

but oh god i missed asdioh

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I like that the rest of the world gets really salty that the majority of Americans don't even pretend to like Soccer. Like we have absolutely no respect for it and they feel it's their personal mission to right us.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like that the rest of the world gets really salty that the majority of Americans don't even pretend to like Soccer. Like we have absolutely no respect for it and they feel it's their personal mission to right us.
Except Canada.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Meh Sports aren't for me. I understand why people would get into it, and that it takes an enormous amount of skill, strength and endurance to pull the stuff off that they do in those games, but it just not enough for me to get into myself. #FirstWorldProblems #GrewUpSpoiledWithVideoGames&Movies

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I don't care about football. I like soccer better.

Also. Just witnessed a super heated argument between my professor and class mate. Which took an hour or so, and was going back and forth. a;lfdkajsd;flkadsjf JUST EMAIL EACH OTHER

It ended with the class mate crying, and then me trying to calm her down. >_>

And me being cold.

AND ME WONDERING WHAT THE **** HAPPENED

but yeah. And to think I might have been down to ****. Not anymore. (Not that she was asking, but if she does, it's a no)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So I decided to look up evertune bridges because of the glowing response I've heard about it, and I find out that the cheapest version is $330.

Why must everything guitar related be so expensive

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't really know what I'm struggling with, but I seriously shut down at the thought of talking to people I don't know
I think Soup covered this. I also am the same way, I don't really like going out to parties, but if I'm at one, I'm usually just at the corner the WHOLE time. Or tagging along. I try to socialize, but in my own way. Not how society tells me to.

Did you know I CANNOT be a salesmen? I cannot cold call! Holy **** I hate that. It's basically

"Hey go up to random people and give them our spiel and then somehow make them think OMG WOW THATS AWESOME HERES MY NUMBER so we can **** them up and make them hate us, yeah do that"

me: "Ok!"

me: "Oh ****... I can't randomlly talk to people with some hidden intention... I get nervous..."

Yeah, I can't do that.

I want to be self-sufficient and proud, able to do things on my own and actually be doing something with my life. Right now I'm sort of wasting away.

I have had the same problem man. Dude, I only got my license this year or last year. So at the age of 22/23. IT TOOK ME THAT LONG.

Anyways. With applications, I also hate having to call back, as I'm nervous and it's an extra thing you HAVE to do, its the same case with calling to situate something, such as making an appointment for a dentist or doctor.

Guess what. You gotta try to man up to the point of actually calling (or calling back). You have to get yourself to that point. I suck with applications and have to improve that. One mental block I have is that my information of my previous employer may not be ACCURATE, and so I always think "Ah, my info might not be accurate... so why apply?".

Yeah. You should at least look at application deadlines for colleges, and THINK about your future for a bit. Maybe you can give some action if you think of that, and improving yourself. Look at me, I STILL have to go to the career center so I can FIGURE it out. My friend says that it's hard in GETTING a job, but once you KNOW how to do it, you should be good.

I haven't got that far though, nor has he. Lolz

It's whatever though. Bottom line, don't keep saying "Well I'm dissapointed in myself, because I have no school or job going for me". Realize that it's difficult to do, and that there are many hoops you have to jump through to get both, but ALSO tell yourself that you are not going to let those challenges defeat you.

START SOMEWHERE, AND TRY.

If you don't try, you'll stay in the same place, and no one wants that. It's easy for me to sort of stay in the same place while I'm in school, because I can get support with career there, and I will, eventually.

Ask yourself "Ok, what am I doing for school? What am I doing for job?"

if you say "nothing" for either or both, then try to change that somehow. Say "Well for school... I'll at least look at my options, and think about what jobs I want to do for life" and for job say "Well... I'll throw in a few applications, they don't hurt... I'll get up monday morning at 7:00 AM, eat breakfast, go out the door at 9:00 AM, go to some mall or some place with possible jobs, and at least apply to 5-10 places and come back at 4:00 PM and eat dinner"

something like that. Make an action plan. Instead of moping to yourself each time you remember that you don't have school or a job.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And now that I think about it... I have to do that thing that gives me the ACCURATE info of my previous employers for the IRS or something. Or social security.

Damn it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alabama will not lose to LSU. The way you described UA is how I would describe LSU. LSU would lose to FSU.

Auburn on that list is laughable. I'm ashamed to see Missou there though I can't quite deny that they're doing well. LSU/Missou would be close. BAMA/Missou would be less close.

I'd put FSU on the same page as Missou. New to being good. They won't hold against a historically strong team like BAMA.

Either they stay in the game for the first half then get smashed in the second, or BAMA takes a solid lead early and morale is gone.

I would say the same about LSU, Florida, Georgia if they weren't having lackluster seasons already.

Was this a joke?

This was a joke, right?
Not a joke. What was that Colorado State game? They pulled away in the fourth, but I watched that game and it was super sloppy. Arkansas was a very cleanly played game, I'll give you that, but they did their best to try and let TAMU take that game. You've still got Tennesee coming up next week, which I had forgotten, and LSU the week after. I do think Auburn could definitely make the upset, and I think your commentary on new to being good isn't something that you should treat as an advantage. If anything, it's all the more motivating for the other guy and both Missouri and FSU have solid programs this year.

Once more, I won't be putting money down against Alabama unless the wheels just fall off in the next two weeks, but Jesus man. I know you talk in absolutes because that's just you, but there's no reason to put away the trophy before the seasons over.

EDIT: Three weeks. There's a BYE before LSU, if I remember correctly.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My comment on Auburn was uncalled for and I'd likento apologize for that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, I'm not mad or anything. I think of the team's I listed they have the worst shot. However, it's a far cry better than Arkansas or Ole Miss's chances.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
What's the worse that can happen after you drop an application off Kantrip?

The answer to that is that they say no.

Trust me, it;s a painless experience. No one who reads your application will be judging you. Even if you've rejected, you'll get over it quick. The person who would reject you would forget about in about 5 minutes, and you will to.

The only way to solve your problem is to just do it Kanty.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

1.) The "rest of the world" actually doesn't give a **** about the USA 99% of the time.
2.) The majority of Americans do like futbol. USA =/= the majority of america and even in the USA it's becoming more popular.
3.) "We" dont feel the need to right you - you just misnamed it :denzel:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I take offense to you including Canada under your definition of America.

Also, even if you combine the populations of Canada, America, and Mexico all into one for the "North America" banner, USA is still more than 50% of that population figure. (US at ~330 mil, Canada at ~35 mil, Mexico at ~120 mil)

Including South America would be unreasonably stretching it, that'd be like me including Australia in European statistics because it sounds like Austria.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I take offense to you including Canada under your definition of America.
Last I checked, Canada is located on the american continent. You're american. Deal with it! :denzel:

Also, even if you combine the populations of Canada, America, and Mexico all into one for the "North America" banner, USA is still more than 50% of that population figure. (US at ~330 mil, Canada at ~35 mil, Mexico at ~120 mil)

Including South America would be unreasonably stretching it, that'd be like me including Australia in European statistics because it sounds like Austria.

Last I checked, South America is part of the american continent. Australia is not part of the eurasian continent.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
USA just means United States of America, but technically Canada and Mexico are part of America since it refers to the whole Continent.

Canada and Mexico are separate countries, but they still are on the continent of North America.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Kantrip, you just have to have a Kan do attitude.

You just have to go out and do, ain't nobody going anywhere by sitting on their hands.

/inspiring words from Rake

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fact of the matter, no Canadian hears the phrase "Americans" and considers themselves part of that group, regardless of context.

At best, you're correct on "North Americans", but it is not "The American continent", it is the "North American Continent."

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
1.) The "rest of the world" actually doesn't give a **** about the USA 99% of the time.
2.) The majority of Americans do like futbol. USA =/= the majority of america and even in the USA it's becoming more popular.
3.) "We" dont feel the need to right you - you just misnamed it :denzel:

Gheb goes out of his way to prove me right.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Fact of the matter, no Canadian hears the phrase "Americans" and considers themselves part of that group, regardless of context.

At best, you're correct on "North Americans", but it is not "The American continent", it is the "North American Continent."
I think most people agree on 6 continents with Europe and Asia apart. Pretty sure the only people who use 7 (or 6 with Eurasia) are Americans. (all of them, not just the USA)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think most people agree on 6 continents with Europe and Asia apart. Pretty sure the only people who use 7 (or 6 with Eurasia) are Americans. (all of them, not just the USA)
i mean the definition of a continent is a giant floating land mass, that's essentially what australia is, isn't it?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
American refers to citizens of the USA and the only people who get confused by it are being intentionally annoying.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
'American' doesn't necessarily refer to citizens of the USA. Sometimes it will mean U.S. Americans, sometimes it will mean anyone from the Americas, etc.

Gheb is still splitting hairs.

Top Bottom