• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Two things tv show related:

1. Someone should fill me in on the entire season 6 of madmen. I couldn't watch it anymore after the end of the first 2 episodes when Don turns out to be a *spoiler* ****ing weak-minded **** face scumbag. Seriously I thought he was past that. Just too disgusted to continue watching. *end spoiler*

2. Does/Has anyone watched The Newsroom? It is an excellent show on HBO. I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact I think it's a show that people need to watch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still have to keep watching madmen. So can't help you there.

Also 1+ nas 1+ food marshy. Lil b as well, I haven't listened to all of his stuff yet to really have a favorite album, which I intend to do. :D

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Black Person @ the Pool Trap
[Trap Card]
[*img]black person at pool with white people exiting the pool[/*img]
You can activate this card when your opponent activates a white person. All white persons are removed from the field.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
While we're on the subject of music, I've been listening to this song a lot recently.
The first few times I listened to this song I didn't really think much about it, but now when I listen to it I just start feeling really passionate about like everything. But seriously though, as humans we can do literally anything we want. We can start a business and convince people to buy a product, we can make cars, we can write books, and we can get into politics. We have all this potential and power and instead of using this potential to stand together as people and end hunger and hatred, we just insist on having more power so we go to war and do things to put ourselves in front of other humans and it's just like man. If we weren't so selfish all the time we could do so much.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
While we're on the subject of music, I've been listening to this song a lot recently.
The first few times I listened to this song I didn't really think much about it, but now when I listen to it I just start feeling really passionate about like everything. But seriously though, as humans we can do literally anything we want. We can start a business and convince people to buy a product, we can make cars, we can write books, and we can get into politics. We have all this potential and power and instead of using this potential to stand together as people and end hunger and hatred, we just insist on having more power so we go to war and do things to put ourselves in front of other humans and it's just like man. If we weren't so selfish all the time we could do so much.
i remember this song. i really like the video, too.

what i love about the song is how he slowly sounds angrier and angrier as he sings

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rap / HipHop is a genre with so much potential. It's weird that 99% of HipHop artist fail to live up to that potential, especially on album.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think america sucks. But it's no a free country or a successfully working democracy.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Gheb actually has a point in that America's system of the past 30 years or so has been ****ed.
Everyone only cares about advancing their own political career and working horizontally(party politics saying "I'm conservative and conservatism is better so vote for me" type ****) instead of working vertically(how is what I'm doing good for the majority of american citizens)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Gheb actually has a point in that America's system of the past 30 years or so has been ****ed. Everyone only cares about advancing their own political career and working horizontally(party politics saying "I'm conservative and conservatism is better so vote for me" type ****) instead of working vertically(how is what I'm doing good for the majority of american citizens)
You're obviously not American. Politicians hide behind bipartisan politics because they can rake in bribes from special interest groups like the National Rifle Association by rejecting legislation for background checks to be enforced and high powered assault rifles to be openly distributed under the guise of republican conservatism. Playing bipartisan politics to contemporary issues means that bills have relevance to contemporary corporations. This demand creates business for politicians as corporations will bribe politicians to serve their own interest and a split between the two parties illustrates which group industries should pander to first.

Accepting bribes is what it means to be an American. We believe in capitalism and that anything can be resolved with money which is why it's used as the medium for our justice system. If you have a desirable service that can be bought then America believes it should be bought. That's not denigration, that's the empowerment of a free market. And capitalism is what makes America the greatest country in the world.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Gheb actually has a point in that America's system of the past 30 years or so has been ****ed.
Everyone only cares about advancing their own political career and working horizontally(party politics saying "I'm conservative and conservatism is better so vote for me" type ****) instead of working vertically(how is what I'm doing good for the majority of american citizens)
For the record, it's always been like this. For example, a lot of the founding fathers hated each other. There was a LOT they couldn't agree on. The good ol' days of America where politicians were unselfish never existed. Long periods of time has a funny way of coloring the way people feel about things without them really knowing the full story.

Also for the record, I don't know if Gheb realizes that most pro America posts we make our purposefully exaggerated as a form of self-parody and he's just double trolling us, or if he really thinks we're "brainwashed."

ALSO, Gheb, do you still want to talk about that strategy game?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
You're obviously not American. Politicians hide behind bipartisan politics because they can rake in bribes from special interest groups like the National Rifle Association by rejecting legislation for background checks to be enforced and high powered assault rifles to be openly distributed. Accepting bribes is what it means to be an American. We believe in capitalism and that anything can be resolved with money which is why it's used as the medium for our justice system. If you have a desirable service that can be bought then America believes it should be bought. That's not denigration, that's the empowerment of a free market. And capitalism is what makes America the greatest country in the world.
I'm sorry I live in NJ and grew up in Florida. Money shouldn't be a part of the political elections process and shouldn't be what we base our choices on. I understand capitalism is the basis of america and it's what has made us great, but everything still shouldn't focus on it to the exclusion of every other moral facet.

North Korea is a republic too.

In name more than anything else. It's like how China and the USSR called themselves republics.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
For the record, it's always been like this. For example, a lot of the founding fathers hated each other. There was a LOT they couldn't agree on. The good ol' days of America where politicians were unselfish never existed. Long periods of time has a funny way of coloring the way people feel about things without them really knowing the full story.

Also for the record, I don't know if Gheb realizes that most pro America posts we make our purposefully exaggerated as a form of self-parody and he's just double trolling us, or if he really thinks we're "brainwashed."

I know that. but it's gotten worse with the insane acclimation of wealth and power that's grown up over the past thirty years in particular. Especially since the end of the cold war and the loss of any real world power to oppose us.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
:smirk:

YES! Get on Skype plz.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm sorry I live in NJ and grew up in Florida. Money shouldn't be a part of the political elections process and shouldn't be what we base our choices on. I understand capitalism is the basis of america and it's what has made us great, but everything still shouldn't focus on it to the exclusion of every other moral facet.
Morality is defined by money. If there is a moral with no monetary basis, then it has no contextual value in contemporary America. Mind you, America is the greatest country in the world. So our morals are naturally the most upstanding of any country.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm sorry, since when is what actually happens the basis for what should happen?
When what should happen never happens, there is no reason to ponder what should happen since it will never happen. Instead we should orient our thinking to what is happening and try to understand why it happens. Naturally everything happens for a reason. Therefore everything that exists now has basis and meaning. Therefore money has meaning. And that meaning is the basis for our morals.

Acrostic you need to play a lot more mafia, dude. :059:
I realized that I have a patriotic duty to make this country great. I also realized that endorsing mafia would just increase the social context that Italy exists. And Italy is clearly not America.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
When what should happen never happens, there is no reason to ponder what should happen since it will never happen. Instead we should orient our thinking to what is happening and try to understand why it happens. Naturally everything happens for a reason. Therefore everything that exists now has basis and meaning. Therefore money has meaning.
But when what is happening has a decidedly unsavory character, isn't it our jobs to make sure that it ceases to continue happening in the form with which it is happening?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
But when what is happening has a decidedly unsavory character, isn't it our jobs to make sure that it ceases to continue happening in the form with which it is happening?
Money is hardly unsavory. It's unbiased and fair. Therefore it's the best medium for brokering justice. Especially American justice, the most unbiased and fair justice system in the world.

Top Bottom