• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Kay, I'm done trying to keep up the charade of being trolled.
Tbh even if you referenced HSBC's money laundering to drug cartels and giving advice to North Korea and Hezbollah on how to structure their transactions in order to bypass the securities exchange commission which was presented to the court and the punishment amounted to one week's of profit for HSBC, I highly doubt that you could shake my unwavering patriotism for my country given my innate love for my country that is unbiased and fair in nature.

Gheb criticizing Americans on priding themselves on being a 'free' country is pretty funny though. In the sense that none of the Americans I talk to think we have any bearing of freedom or democracy. I could understand context if Gheb was talking to a newborn American or one whose house existed underneath a proverbial rock, but if anything all intellectual American academia points towards a status quo of Americans being the same as any other country-men in the sense that they are more concerned with putting a house over their decaying bodies first before they fuss themselves with the collective nature of several thousands of bodies and how it is governed.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Tbh even if you referenced HSBC's money laundering to drug cartels and giving advice to North Korea and Hezbollah on how to structure their transactions in order to bypass the securities exchange commission which was presented to the court and the punishment amounted to one week's of profit for HSBC, I highly doubt that you could shake my unwavering patriotism for my country given my innate love for my country that is unbiased and fair in nature.
After that acro was just being ridiculous and I didn't feel like continuing on.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I was being facetious, however I wasn't being ridiculous. You were being ridiculous by fronting incredulity.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I was being facetious, however I wasn't being ridiculous. You were being ridiculous by fronting incredulity.
Oh no, I knew you were trolling. I was still putting in serious replies. Money is the worst thing to happen to the world, even if it is a necessary evil. And it should not be the basis of our entire political system. PACs are some of the worst things in America.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Incredulity is literally the status quo of America. Look at all the non-fiction books that sell like pancakes. In some form they attack the lack of a moral basis in some American system as if it were a novel call-out and their audience has just gotten out of grade school with their miniature flags in their hands. It's even more patronizing when these authors make millions when they somehow become best sellers. Then again we are talking about a measuring metric that chose to list the Twilight series in some vein of objectivity when it has been well known that the best selling metric is not simply an arbitrary measure of book volume sales. However through endorsement it does certainly increase the sales of the book in question.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh no, I knew you were trolling. I was still putting in serious replies. Money is the worst thing to happen to the world, even if it is a necessary evil. And it should not be the basis of our entire political system. PACs are some of the worst things in America.
I find it interesting that you culprit money to the be the problem. The problem isn't in money, money is impartial. The fault lies in human nature and the fact that people can't be trusted with anything if they have a profit motive or some other self-benefit that maximizes their well-being over everyone else. Capitalism simply reflects the already dystopic nature of humanity and attempts to use it as a driving theory towards production and profit.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm not sure what that actually had to do with what I said except that you think I shouldn't try to fix a broken system. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
That was an add on post to what I had written previously. I have an aversion to the edit button when it comes to adding content.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Implying america has anything to do with freedom. You guys are so brainwashed.

No. Like wtf are you ********-levels of no.

:059:

i was joking with you but you're still wrong and if i cared enough to tell you why that is i could write a couple of paragraphs to make you look stupider than you already do

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I find it interesting that you culprit money to the be the problem. The problem isn't in money, money is impartial. The fault lies in human nature and the fact that people can't be trusted with anything if they have a profit motive or some other self-benefit that maximizes their well-being over everyone else. Capitalism simply reflects the already dystopic nature of humanity and attempts to use it as a driving theory towards production and profit.
I phrased that wrong then. it's the use of money and it's pull that is the main factor behind the un-doing of the American political system. People try to buy office by flinging out ads and buying up votes and using the PACs to augment personal wealth. It's why no third party member has ever really been able to rake in votes during any major nationwide electoral process. And even in the primaries it's become a matter of "look how conservative/liberal/Rupublican/Democratic I am gaiz!" instead of anyone actually running on the merit of their own ideas and their ability to perceive the problems inherent in party based(ie horizontal) politics. Everyone is trying to say "hey this ideology is better then theirs!" without ever looking outside of that ideology when it fails to work.

That was an add on post to what I had written previously. I have an aversion to the edit button when it comes to adding content.
Gotcha.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I phrased that wrong then. it's the use of money and it's pull that is the main factor behind the un-doing of the American political system. People try to buy office by flinging out ads and buying up votes and using the PACs to augment personal wealth. It's why no third party member has ever really been able to rake in votes during any major nationwide electoral process. And even in the primaries it's become a matter of "look how conservative/liberal/Rupublican/Democratic I am gaiz!" instead of anyone actually running on the merit of their own ideas and their ability to perceive the problems inherent in party based(ie horizontal) politics. Everyone is trying to say "hey this ideology is better then theirs!" without ever looking outside of that ideology when it fails to work.
I disagree again. Even if we move into a system that is run by ideology, you still don't resolve the issue with people primarily being self-interested. You simply have a room of opinionated individuals who are trying to push their own agenda and have no common uniting measure which they can run with one another. The only people who will get things done are those who will be able to lead groups of people to follow their beliefs and those who are clever enough to log roll votes for key pieces of their ideas to be passed in lieu of trading votes for their propositions to be passed. Partisanship at least unites people by creating artificial conflict. A free man ideology fair of great thinking leaders has a high potential for devolving into a senseless D1 mafia game presuming no one barters or plays the system like how PACs and special interest groups play politicians and vice versa.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
America talked about freedom while stepping on a man he looked down on who also wanted freedom.

Reading about it's history doesn't make me proud at all but then... what else can we do but try to make it better than the past. (Then move)

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I disagree again. Even if we move into a system that is run by ideology, you still don't resolve the issue with people primarily being self-interested. You simply have a room of opinionated individuals who are trying to push their own agenda and have no common uniting measure which they can run with one another. The only people who will get things done are those who will be able to lead groups of people to follow their beliefs and those who are clever enough to log roll votes for key pieces of their ideas to be passed in lieu of trading votes for their propositions to be passed. Partisanship at least unites people by creating artificial conflict. A free man ideology fair of great thinking leaders has a high potential for devolving into a senseless D1 mafia game presuming no one barters or plays the system like how PACs and special interest groups play politicians and vice versa.
That presumes that we don't have someone like a Teddy Roosevelt who is willing to go up against the established things(corporations) and break them down. Politicians job's aren't to play the sytem, it's to do what we want/need them do. If they won't do that, then they shouldn't be in office and we just get rid of them and look at the next batch of people. For all the bad things he did for his own personal reasons, Hitler was a great statesman who fixed the problems facing his people and that's why they supported him.

America talked about freedom while stepping on a man he looked down on who also wanted freedom.

Reading about it's history doesn't make me proud at all but then... what else can we do but try to make it better than the past. (Then move)
We've done so much bad, but there's a lot of good too. Even Rome falling to a bunch of barbarians actually helped to make the world better.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Better or worse is a subjective matter. The point is that the USA is nowhere close to the perfectly democratic, constitutional state it pretends to be. America is not the land of the free.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
The Guilded Age is pretty much the equivalent of Wall.Street.today. Typing on mobile which is.the reason for.the misplaced.periods. Will respond after.work.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Better or worse is a subjective matter. The point is that the USA is nowhere close to the perfectly democratic, constitutional state it pretends to be. America is not the land of the free.

Everyone postures though, so why target America specifically?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Everyone postures though, so why target America specifically?

Who is that "everyone" you are talking about here?

I don't know many countries of geopolitical significance where the difference between what the country claims to be and what it actually is is that big as it is in the USA.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm glad you were so excited about using that word that you censor dodged to make sure we could all see it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, if it was for the sake of accuracy, then I'm glad you followed your heart.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoo I tried out the boxing class. It's a 1 hour class and I think I got half an hour done. So I didn't make it all the way but I'm really exhausted... Phew. NEED MORE BANANAS YUMMM

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Implying america has anything to do with freedom. You guys are so brainwashed.

No. Like wtf are you ********-levels of no.

I'm sorry I really can't hear you over these fireworks I'm listening to while enjoying my apple pie in my freedom.

I'm sure it's totally fkn rad tho

Also Gheb lets do Pokemanz tomorrow afternoon plz

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Why did this turn into a political discussion i just want to see shots fired back and forth damn

Top Bottom