• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Re-listening to Devil and God. Still fantastic as ever. I will never get tired of this album. This is why I love it so much. The constant feeling it gives is everlasting and it's just something I don't think will ever be taken away from me. People can tell me it's a **** album, or that it's overrated, but I say to hell with those people because they certainly aren't me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orbo, do you listen to Slade? Most of the 80's / late 70's hard rock / metal stuff is heavily influenced by them-

:059:

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
omg did we turn this forum into absolutepunk or what?
Music tlak is never bad.

Orbo, do you listen to Slade? Most of the 80's / late 70's hard rock / metal stuff is heavily influenced by them-

I've actually read about how they influenced people but I've never actually sat down and listened to them.
I can also toss KISS's destroyer album and Pyromania out there as some of my favorites.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Listen to Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Com On Feel The Noize, Far Far Away and How Does It Feel, maggot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It was covered about a million times by all kinds of different bands. Oasis did one too. Slade's the original though.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Mama was an alright song. More punkish in nature then anything else imo.
Far Far away is good lyrically but more a steady rocker then something real heavy imo.
Is it just me or does the lead singer sound a lot like the guy form Riot?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, it's the other way round.The guy from Riot sounds like the guy from Slade.

And I think How Does it Feel is their best song anyway but it doesn't really line up with your preferences from what I've seen.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
My preferences can be really varied at times lol. The doors are one of my favorite bands, and they're very different musically from most of what I've posted.
Edit~ How does it feel is something I like but It'd need to be at the right time imo. Certain songs just fit different situations better

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm just trying to educate the masses. I think too many people label Brand New as just some dumb emo band when I certainly haven't felt that at all and Lacey takes on some really heavy subjects in his songs and sings with such passion that it's almost euphorical at times. I still get goosebumps hearing Handcuffs sometimes.

I'd drive my car off of the bridge
If I knew that you weren't inside
Put the pedal to the floor, who could ask for more
A fantastic way to kill some time
i really need to listen to more of them, jesus christ still gives me chills just to think about

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Limousine always gives me chills. It's even worse when the meaning of the song is about:

The song was written about the death of 7-year-old Katie Flynn. Katie had been the flower girl at her aunt's wedding and left in a limousine. The limousine was hit by another car and Katie was decapitated. Katie and the limousine driver, Stanley Rabinowitz, were both instantly killed. The driver of the other car, Martin Heidgen, 25, had at least 14 drinks that night and his blood alcohol content, at 0.28%, was more than three times the legal limit in New York (0.08%). He drove more than two miles north on the southbound side of the highway the Flynn family were driving along at the time of the collision.
K, here's your ride.
Get your petals out and lay them in the aisle
Pretend you are God, and grow,
And that it's your own day to wed
We've found your man.
He's drinking up. He's all-American,
and he'll drive.
He's volunteered with grace to end your life.
We'll tidy up.
It's sad to hold, but leave your shell to us
You explode, you firefly, you tiny boat with oars,
Feather oars
The world tilts back and pours and pours
And so, you satellite, you tidal wave,
You're a big surprise
And I've one more night to be your mother.

There's a LiveJournal with images and a bit more in-depth but it's pretty gruesome to read and look at.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe you can pm it to me I like album covers that are NSFW

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

gza - liquid swords
mf doom - mm food
kendrick lamar - good kid maad city
the beatles - revolver
lil b - blue flame
jay z - the black album
nas - illmatic
lupe fiasco - the cool
a tribe called quest - midnight marauders

/brofist soup for if having a kanye album in his top 9 it being his best album

/brofist zozo again for take me to your leader and madvillainy

/brofist dhorse cuz while i havent listened to most of his choices the covers are cool to look at

/brofist gheb for reppin velvet underground radiohead bob dylan public enemy and the stone roses

/brofist kevin for sharing three of my favorite albums and having impeccable taste as usual

/brofist karebear for reppin modest mouse

/brofist red ruy for cryin at his cousins wedding

/brofist zenny for reppin lupe gorillaz rhcp and rockin a puppy avatar

/brofist vander for reppin a great line

/brofist watt for reppin the who and rolling stones

/brofist nabe for refusing to censor his nymphomaniacal lifestyle

/brofist ran for reppin radioheads kid a

/brofist my dad for playing beatles when i was a kid and embedding an appreciation for music

/brofist the beatles for being the only white nonrap group on my list

/brofist gza for gettin me into rap

/brofist dgames for swaggin out in general

Top Bottom