• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i just blatantly and unabashedly judge by how they type/avatar and dont shake the image even if they say otherwise or ive skyped/seen pictures

j/jerkus/kary/zozo are females

macman/omni/ee/gorf/kev/zen are black

nabe is a nymphomaniac

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I usually take their syntax into account too... Gorf doesn't type like he's black.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i may just be going off his slype avatar and poor memory. i vaguely remember him having one with this loud independent black woman and i was like "dis *****"

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh yeah, he had that ***** yanking person or whatever that Joey linked once.

That video is terrible.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I have never assumed somebody who "talked black" to actually be black. I live on 9 mile, less than 30 minutes outside of Detroit. Everybody I know talks that way, especially the white kids.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever seen Kary correct anyone on their pronoun usage. In fact, I have a vague memory of his stance on the matter being "whatever."

I flip between he's and she's because I've never personally actually seen Kary confirm a gender. I've just seen everyone else say he's a guy at various points in time.

Everyone in Dgames is black and from Metro-Detroit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i just blatantly and unabashedly judge by how they type/avatar and dont shake the image even if they say otherwise or ive skyped/seen pictures

j/jerkus/kary/zozo are females

macman/omni/ee/gorf/kev/zen are black

nabe is a nymphomaniac

Jeoy is all three.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I know you think I'm insulting you or joking every time I think you're a girl, but it's not the case. I genuinely imagine you that way. Same for Kataefi. And sometimes Acrostic.
haha, I don't mind, really. If it bothered me I would probably kick up more of a fuss about it.

He kind of deliberately wants you to think he's female, just so he can correct you ;)
I guess you could say that I encourage it. But I don't really find it funny. And I definitely don't make an effort to correct people.

I don't think that's the case. If I recall, Kary is his actual name and he has probably been teased that it is a girl name all his life and so to him it is a joke that has long gotten old. (Though I've personally known only male Kary's. At least phonetically I don't know about the spelling.) And I think we just use female avatars because we like the characters and nothing more.

thumbsup.png

nabe is a nymphomaniac
literally laughed out loud

I don't think I've ever seen Kary correct anyone on their pronoun usage. In fact, I have a vague memory of his stance on the matter being "whatever."
good memory. my stance on gender pronouns is definitely 'whatever'.

Everyone in Dgames is black and from Metro-Detroit.
much as I want to agree, this seems to fly in the face of me being a classy british lady

classy

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ok, so I've basically been listening to this entire album for the last 24 hours. If you have any nostalgia for Final Fantasy VI, give it a listen. The stuff from the opera scene is pretty amazing. Like, imagine if Queen performed Aria di mezzo caratterre. Nice.

http://ff6.ocremix.org/
I listened to a couple tracks but nothing grabbed me. I'll try and give it a fair chance later. To be honest the only ocremix album that ever grabbed me was project chaos (sonic 3 & knuckles), which I thought was very good.

I thought i'd link you this, on the off chance you've not heard it, and will enjoy it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I have, indeed, heard that one. I've had that one on my playlist for awhile.

OCRemix stuff doesn't typically grab my interest all that much either, but FF6 is one of my favorite old games, so a lot of it is probably a nostalgia trip. Listening to the entire album is like going through the entire game, since the tracks are all in chronological order. There's definitely a handful of tracks I thoroughly approve of, though. The tracks at the end of disc 2 (which is the opera scene) are pretty fantastic, and there's several of the character's themes I quite enjoyed (Relm's)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I used to be into OCRemix, but I honestly think there are better places to find video game remixes.

Compare and contrast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6KL4HQmzc

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja6hIEi8iZo

I'm not gonna try and preach or pretend that I'm a music savant, but the first one sounds more clean and professional to me, while the other was probably made in something FLStudio and literally almost sounds like a Metallica song. OCRemix is hit and miss for me.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Disagree, I think the second one sounds better, at least in terms of strings. You can tell in the first one that they're synthetic.

Also, where do you think is a better place to find remixes other than OCR?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I used to remember a bunch of places, Newgrounds is one I guess but I don't really like them that much either.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
much as I want to agree, this seems to fly in the face of me being a classy british lady

classy
I figured it out. You're Kate Middleton.

For solving this riddle, in lieu of knighthood, I will accept a letter to Hogwarts delivered to me by your finest owl at your earliest convenience.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You guys just need to look on the bright side of things.

I am getting an awesome tan.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Hello all, TUSM here. It's been a long, long while since I posted here, or on Smashboards in general. I was doing a bit of writing and I remembered the Pen and Sword games from oh so long ago. I started to think about how fun the game was, and how good the story we all wrote turned out. So, I would like to take a shot at a Pen and Sword 3. I can moderate the game just to make sure that it runs smoothly, but if someone more suited wants to volunteer, by all means, please do so. More importantly, I would need a commitment from everyone that is interested to at least try to be active over the period of the game, since that's the main issue for the game failing in the past.

Anyways, just wanted to see if there's still some interest left in running this game, because, for me, it was a damn good time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I really liked the armored core OCRemix and I didn't even play the games.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Disagree, I think the second one sounds better, at least in terms of strings. You can tell in the first one that they're synthetic.

Also, where do you think is a better place to find remixes other than OCR?
There are all sorts of doujins from cons and other avenues, particularly out of Japan, that are just terrific.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I don't think that's the case. If I recall, Kary is his actual name and he has probably been teased that it is a girl name all his life and so to him it is a joke that has long gotten old. (Though I've personally known only male Kary's. At least phonetically I don't know about the spelling.) And I think we just use female avatars because we like the characters and nothing more.
If kary was his actual name, I'd be surprised if he hasn't heard this several million times.

In fact, I should probably strt posting it more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
well guys... i just got my first ticket. ****.

$122...

i'm an idiot.

it was for driving past a stop sign. me.

it's so damn hot... i blame the heat, and myself... im bummed out. gah.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
mafia later.

it's not so much the money it's just the 'wow how did this happen' aspect. i wasn't thinking clearly... that's what i'm hoping. but it's still kinda there. but i'm trying to shrug it off.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
song of healing plz heal me with your rhythm telling me how dumb I was

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So, I've been lurking serebii.net quite a bit lately because X&Y hype is taking over my brain and I need an outlet. But more than anything, reading all of the posts over there just makes me really glad that everyone here is sharp and mostly on top of their grammar game. It is painful over there.

Basically, thanks for being cool, guys. Makes my life a lot easier.

Top Bottom