• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So there's this kid at my programming camp.

It's been 20+ hours of learning and the most he can do in C++ is "cout" (Not even "include" statements)

He thought monty python was a person

And he considers himself a hardcore gamer, yet he mostly plays flash games, looks up wikis for games that he doesn't own and has no intent of buying, and had never heard of steam before.

Ugggggh

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Not sure if people are aware, but there is a game that has similarities to Virtue's Last Reward as a sort of murder mystery game with some minor mafia connotations, except it tends to be a bit more skewed towards surrealism called Dangan Ronpa that doesn't have an English release. However, there is a full translation for the first game which can be found here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397 and the sequel to the game is currently undergoing translation by the same person in the previous post.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So there's this kid at my programming camp.

It's been 20+ hours of learning and the most he can do in C++ is "cout" (Not even "include" statements)

He thought monty python was a person

And he considers himself a hardcore gamer, yet he mostly plays flash games, looks up wikis for games that he doesn't own and has no intent of buying, and had never heard of steam before.

Ugggggh
Sigh. People wonder why I'm antisocial. It's because I hate people like this, and they're everywhere.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I don't know what "cout" is and I've been programming for a couple of months now.

Then again I don't know any C++.

That kid's problem sounds like small potatoes DH. Nothing to let yourself get angry about.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Well that clearly explains why you don't know what cout is

cout is how you print things in C++, including Hello World. . <iostream> is what you need to include in order to be able to use cout. Since he doesn't know what iostream is, he literally cannot do Hello World.

And I'mm just touching the surface here. This kid is probably the stupidest person that I have met in my entire life.

#HBC | Dancer

Finished S1 of Breaking Bad. Sorta underwhelmed. Did nobody suggest they write relate-able or likable characters?
Haven't see Breaking Bad myself, although I want to get around to it someday.

Why is it a problem that the characters weren't likable or relateable(honest question)? The Great Gatsby is considered a classic text and a lot of the characters are deliberately unlikable.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
When characters are less relateable or likable their suffering or accomplishments mean less. Why care when a character you hate/cant relate to gets 50k dollars?

#HBC | Dancer

When characters are less relateable or likable their suffering or accomplishments mean less. Why care when a character you hate/cant relate to gets 50k dollars?
Fair enough. I suppose it mostly relates to how the show is framed. If the show wants you to cheer for the protagonists then yeah that would be a problem.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Like, if EE were a pokemon...

He would be that, with a beer in his hand/paw.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's cuz there aren't any little japanese girls in the show. You're just gonna have to imagine what it's like to be average joe turned criminal due to tragic circumstances.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Some thoughts:
-I hate anime in general.
-Why do you assume everyone uses online radio? Or that enough people use it to ask what does everyone use? Why not ask does anyone use online radio?
-marshy should post that pixar thing.
-9 am and haven't gone to bed. not sure if i should or not i could do stuff like call my school and figure out what i need to do to transfer and then finish applying to the new school.
-or study and tube and ishk.
-lol xonar i swear it must be a culture difference in why you don't get bb

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Why not ask does anyone use online radio?

Because that's not my question. I want to know what online radio some of you dudes use. But it's easy to say 'everyone'. *shrug*

I liked to use pandora but now I'm using earbits. If you use online radios, check it out.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I use spotify for some music and then if its not there I just plunder the seas.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
why do you hate anime in general zen? couldve sworn you rock the weeavatars fairly often

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OH I see the confusion. I mean the WEBSITE animeingeneral.com

It's basically weebtopia. Also this is a complete lie that I just made up.

I should rephrase though. I don't hate anime in itself. I do quite dislike the anime culture however. I am very much into the art of story-telling no matter what type whether it be anime, an NBC drama, a hollywood movie, a Cartoon Network Cartoon, a good book. If it's good it's good. But it's not necessarily the type it is that makes it good. In otherwords a good TV drama isn't good because it's an TV drama. An anime isn't good because it's an Anime. A movie isn't good because it's a movie. Yet many people seem to think anime is good because it's anime. It's a dang genre and nothing more. I feel like a lot of people who are into anime get wayy to drawn into it like it's the only thing. Like a lot of it just plays into people so deeply to where they feel like anime is their world and become completely disconnected from the real world. I see it often as addictive. And disrespectful to reality. Like anime and Japan is the world they should have been in, not this one. Also a lot of the art style has been irksome lately. I hate when perverted peeps and fetishy people ruin good characters. Like, I recently added the Studio Ghibili page on facebook and there's a bunch of fan art that has turned one of my favorite characters, San (princess mononoke), into a vulnerable little loli girl and it's just like wutt. And then there's fangirls who will turn like shonen like characters into little loli sex things and it's just mad wack.

and stuff like:
"omg cloud is soooooooooo hot why can't real guys be thaaat hot #fandom"

don't get me wrong, there's definitely my share of fictional characters id **** but to really be THAT obessessed and yaoi-tized.
and also don't get me wrong if some magical portal opened to where i could go into some shonen world i would probably take it

so yeah it's not that i hate anime in itself i like stuff like studio ghibli, deathnote, anything good really. it just seems to be an oversourcing (that's not even a word but i cant think of another right now) to where it is just becoming less appealing.

BTW
I don't think most people know this but there is a brand of black guys that are into anime/Japanese stuff but are also pretty swag (solely for being black) too into rap and all that kind of stuff. Hard to explain but I don't think a lot of people realize how prevalent anime is among the black male culture. Well mostly shonen dbz naruto etc

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
BTW
I don't think most people know this but there is a brand of black guys that are into anime/Japanese stuff but are also pretty swag (solely for being black) too into rap and all that kind of stuff. Hard to explain but I don't think a lot of people realize how prevalent anime is among the black male culture. Well mostly shonen dbz naruto etc
i know what you mean. lol one of my boys back home is like this. we could talk hours about dbz but then hit the studio and hed b boy and ****. he was pretty swag but unfortunately swore drake was one of the best rappers

we actually used to go to this chinese restaurant nearby sometimes just for their bangin iced tea. man that **** was good

but uh

good post zenny

heres a post about all the pixar movies being connected guys. i havent actually finished reading this but the few paragraphs i did read were pretty cool

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i swear to gorf this thread always revolves back to like

anime
pogeymans
childrens movies

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
BTW
Guess Im black because I like good anime and rap, as well as having ridic amounts of swag

Top Bottom