• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The mafia games can wait then. It's hard to play when you are overloaded and it takes the fun away.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Getting lynched isn't fun but oh well

Especially as first time newbie town D1 lynch

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Then you've never drunk enough beer.

If you haven't, at least once, passed out, thrown up, started a fight, fallen asleep fully clothed and lost your wallet/phone (preferably all in the same night) then you haven't drunk enough.

Bonus points for:
Throwing up on a friend
Pulling girls that look like your ***
Black eyes
No recollection of anything
Coming on to friends sister/mother
Losing shoes
Arrested
Mementos (traffic cones, chairs, tables etc)
I threw up and passed out from drinking too much captain morgan's, never happened cuz of beer though. (fun fact, I was mixing the captain's with mt. dew. **** the effects of caffeine on my body. I passed out after drinking too much of that ****, and got violently ill.) I'm 26 years old now too. There comes a point where "drinking too much and blacking out" stops being funny and starts being sad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The thing that gives mafia fun to me is the social aspect. It gets more serious so that might make it go from 'woohoo let's be silly' to 'well I failed town sorry for not doing some optimal strategy thing' like it's less about fun fun and more about winning fun. (Like melee, how it can go from casual falco 1 hit %300 only game with 99 lives, man that's fun... but then you get better and want to just win matches more and the deeper it gets the funner it gets but harder it does as well) (This is why I like to goof around at times, I love buddying because of this also)

I also feel skype/aim mafia is a little bit less serious so it's funner and less stressful and can keep more newbies staying here I feel aim maf really pushed us forward in the past and I think it's why I am still here as of now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I lean more towards concise and nice if possible but I end up in a wall anyways ; ____ ;

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
I threw up and passed out from drinking too much captain morgan's, never happened cuz of beer though. (fun fact, I was mixing the captain's with mt. dew. **** the effects of caffeine on my body. I passed out after drinking too much of that ****, and got violently ill.) I'm 26 years old now too. There comes a point where "drinking too much and blacking out" stops being funny and starts being sad.
Yeah don't do it now.

Wasted years man.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Economics is a theory - like science, it's always changing.

There are parts of it which are beyond doubt - other parts we're still trying to figure out. Half of economics is mathematics & rationality, so we're pretty safe in it - we don't guess the numbers, just trends and causality.
If I'm not mistaken, trends are numbers. If you're an economist, the trends that you are tracking has numerical and monetary value. I don't know what trends an economist would be looking at that wouldn't have some numerical relevance. And you may find this a rudimentary definition, but economics is a study of how money moves and how it is exchanged. Causality has a very human nature to it and when you involve any aspect of the human condition, you're dealing with some mighty guess work in trying to guess whatever bubbles might up or the chance of a black swan. I only received a course in macro economics, but really the realm of Keynes and Hayek are inapplicable when it comes to some of these business transactions.

In the Wall Street Journal back in December a very small sidebar article titled, "Global Cartels Fixed Display Prices for a Decade, EU Finds" details that executives from Phiips Electronis, Panasconic, and five other global companies manipulated prices of television and computer tubes in cartels beginning in 1996. In 2003 when cathode-ray tubes were being replaced by the demand for liquid-crystal displays, the cartel "artificially slowed" the transition to plasma displays in order to minimize losses. Macro nor micro cover the massive market manipulations that occur on a daily basis by companies, banking corporations, and the absurd amount of insider trading that flows from within Wall Street. If there is any way to parallel my view of following the money trail, it would be from David Simon's drama, 'The Wire' in which the flow of money is ubiquitous and most of it is hidden within Swiss bank accounts, power brokers, the Wall Street machine, and the pockets of politicians that it is hard to say or predict how these hidden daily transaction investments will gradually build up to have disastrous macroeconomic implications. The cross roads between business and economics is frail.

We had a revisit of the London Whale fiasco involving J.P. Morgan Chase misrepresenting their bid-price-ask spreads which accounted for hundreds of billions of dollars. And they had the gall to blame the misrepresentation on Microsoft Excel, when they intentionally were cherry picking bid-ask price quotes instead of using the mid-price also blatantly known as the 'fair value.' We're being told by the treasury that one bank existing in the United States are each macroeconomic factors in and of themselves that have a disastrous influence over our economy. Our current economy's rise and fall have been based on business bubbles, notably the Dot-com bubble of '00 and then the real estate bubble of '08. If we practiced rationality, banks wouldn't be gambling over half the holding limit on derivatives and other complex financial machines that are illiquid and impossible to fully ascertain. Our economy is irrational and will becoming increasingly sensitive to factors such as interest that is accumulating on national and individual debt as we continue to trade in our futures for immediate liquid cash flow off the backs of Chinese peasants, because our developed country isn't developing the sound support structure that could be could should be controlled by our Treasury practicing stable economic theories.

I am not an economist or a business major. I studied molecular biology and that field is also very amorphous and hard to grasp. However, models and formula schemes used to predict blood pressure or bone deterioration are not as prone to erratic factors like economic models are. There is a human element in the sense that someone with a history of smoking could have diminished their own BRCA genes resulting in them being more susceptible to cancer. Or a bad diet of fried chicken results in hardened arteries and consequently a more estranged heart. However, these risk factors are open and public and shared. There's no hidden element or board meetings, new methods to price synthetic portfolios to make them appear like winners when they are sinking the company.

When it comes to a pragmatic application of economic theory and a pragmatic application of medical theory to their respective fields, there is a profound difference in the correlative factor between the two. The only way to really explain what I'm getting at is statistically I believe that there is a higher confidence interval for correlation between skills and abilities to reflect in consistent output for an experienced person in the medical field than it is for someone in the economics field. I believe that Myron Scholes and Robert Merton had an excellent grasp over economic theory and mathematical modeling of risk behavior. What I don't believe is that economic theory can presently be predicted by such measures given the insider trading and business volatility that has become a huge factor in determining the stability of trends in this country.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Mafia's fun for me because of the scheming, critical thinking nature of the game. It helps me burn out the extra moments I have instead of simply blasting people in halo. It's things like that which get me more involved when I'm scum or a pr, because I can think.more about the game. I'll take hours spinning arguments over religion with people because it makes me think outside the box and challenges what I think happens. That doesn't always end well for the other person though, and this way I.can do so without needing another persons input or upsetting someone.
Tldr mafia let's me use up all the extra brain power I can't use otherwise

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If I'm not mistaken, trends are numbers. If you're an economist, the trends that you are tracking has numerical and monetary value. I don't know what trends an economist would be looking at that wouldn't have some numerical relevance. And you may find this a rudimentary definition, but economics is a study of how money moves and how it is exchanged. Causality has a very human nature to it and when you involve any aspect of the human condition, you're dealing with some mighty guess work in trying to guess whatever bubbles might up or the chance of a black swan. I only received a course in macro economics, but really the realm of Keynes and Hayek are inapplicable when it comes to some of these business transactions.

In the Wall Street Journal back in December a very small sidebar article titled, "Global Cartels Fixed Display Prices for a Decade, EU Finds" details that executives from Phiips Electronis, Panasconic, and five other global companies manipulated prices of television and computer tubes in cartels beginning in 1996. In 2003 when cathode-ray tubes were being replaced by the demand for liquid-crystal displays, the cartel "artificially slowed" the transition to plasma displays in order to minimize losses. Macro nor micro cover the massive market manipulations that occur on a daily basis by companies, banking corporations, and the absurd amount of insider trading that flows from within Wall Street. If there is any way to parallel my view of following the money trail, it would be from David Simon's drama, 'The Wire' in which the flow of money is ubiquitous and most of it is hidden within Swiss bank accounts, power brokers, the Wall Street machine, and the pockets of politicians that it is hard to say or predict how these hidden daily transaction investments will gradually build up to have disastrous macroeconomic implications. The cross roads between business and economics is frail.

We had a revisit of the London Whale fiasco involving J.P. Morgan Chase misrepresenting their bid-price-ask spreads which accounted for hundreds of billions of dollars. And they had the gall to blame the misrepresentation on Microsoft Excel, when they intentionally were cherry picking bid-ask price quotes instead of using the mid-price also blatantly known as the 'fair value.' We're being told by the treasury that one bank existing in the United States are each macroeconomic factors in and of themselves that have a disastrous influence over our economy. Our current economy's rise and fall have been based on business bubbles, notably the Dot-com bubble of '00 and then the real estate bubble of '08. If we practiced rationality, banks wouldn't be gambling over half the holding limit on derivatives and other complex financial machines that are illiquid and impossible to fully ascertain. Our economy is irrational and will becoming increasingly sensitive to factors such as interest that is accumulating on national and individual debt as we continue to trade in our futures for immediate liquid cash flow off the backs of Chinese peasants, because our developed country isn't developing the sound support structure that could be could should be controlled by our Treasury practicing stable economic theories.

I am not an economist or a business major. I studied molecular biology and that field is also very amorphous and hard to grasp. However, models and formula schemes used to predict blood pressure or bone deterioration are not as prone to erratic factors like economic models are. There is a human element in the sense that someone with a history of smoking could have diminished their own BRCA genes resulting in them being more susceptible to cancer. Or a bad diet of fried chicken results in hardened arteries and consequently a more estranged heart. However, these risk factors are open and public and shared. There's no hidden element or board meetings, new methods to price synthetic portfolios to make them appear like winners when they are sinking the company.

When it comes to a pragmatic application of economic theory and a pragmatic application of medical theory to their respective fields, there is a profound difference in the correlative factor between the two. The only way to really explain what I'm getting at is statistically I believe that there is a higher confidence interval for correlation between skills and abilities to reflect in consistent output for an experienced person in the medical field than it is for someone in the economics field. I believe that Myron Scholes and Robert Merton had an excellent grasp over economic theory and mathematical modeling of risk behavior. What I don't believe is that economic theory can presently be predicted by such measures given the insider trading and business volatility that has become a huge factor in determining the stability of trends in this country.
IF YOU BLACK OUT WITH YA SACK OUT THIS IS WHAT YA SaY

"SORRY FOR PARTY ROCKIN"
We're a motley crew, us Dgamers.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Then you've never drunk enough beer.

If you haven't, at least once, passed out, thrown up, started a fight, fallen asleep fully clothed and lost your wallet/phone (preferably all in the same night) then you haven't drunk enough.

Bonus points for:
Throwing up on a friend
Pulling girls that look like your ***
Black eyes
No recollection of anything
Coming on to friends sister/mother
Losing shoes
Arrested
Mementos (traffic cones, chairs, tables etc)
Brewyu approves. Drinking is super fun.

Though don't get arrest again, tis sad moments when I hear that from Dgamers.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Speaking of drinking or whatever, hooked up with some chick at a party earlier tonight and a bunch of the Panera homies were there geeking out when we came back out of the house.

Straight looking like this when I walked out and the dude that crosses in front was def Steve

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman

Skimmed a little since I just woke up.

I was referring more to Micro Economics, the above is all Macro, in terms of rationality - as it is the explicit choice a person will make.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
*Sits down and crosses legs*

*raises hand*

Mr. Acro I have two questions.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
My thumbs hurt.from typing that mobile.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Is there any sort of fix around grey box? I have so many 100 x 100 icons I want to use, but I hate the idea that someone is going to look at it this way:

Top Bottom