• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
But I size them so that they're exactly 125x125 or whatever the default for SWF is.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gova dude don't let them tell you what to do!

You're beautiful no matter what they sayyyyyy

You're avatar won't bring us downnnnnn

wooooahhhhh

Won't be bringin me downnn todayyyyy

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
But I size them so that they're exactly 125x125 or whatever the default for SWF is.
You can still zoom them out more. I.e. your Gangsta-Peach avatar. I dig that pic and that face but it was zoomed in too far. Zoom it out more and upload it, SWF resizes it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
For those of you who do any sorta work-outs, I tore my shoulder a while back in Soccer, everything's been ok and I've come back just fine but now when working out anything that involves using that shoulder be it push-ups, pull-ups.. really anything it still feels really tight. It's been well over a couple months and I've had the doctors clear it's pretty much all good.

Basically has anyone ever torn a muscle and when did it start feeling better after it had been cleared. Should it be an area of concern or should I let it run it's course for a little while longer? I'm more worried about doing unneeded damage or putting unnecessary stress on a joint when I think it's just par the course.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have. My shoulder too. Took 1 week or so for initial healing and 3 weeks for EVERYTHING but doctor told me it can take up to 2 months (which I thought was bull**** but whatever). Be careful with that ****, you don't want permanent damage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok so I'll take it slow and if it's still feeling like this after a few weeks I guess I'll set-up an appointment just to make sure it's all set.

Thanks my dude

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For those of you who do any sorta work-outs, I tore my shoulder a while back in Soccer, everything's been ok and I've come back just fine but now when working out anything that involves using that shoulder be it push-ups, pull-ups.. really anything it still feels really tight. It's been well over a couple months and I've had the doctors clear it's pretty much all good.

Basically has anyone ever torn a muscle and when did it start feeling better after it had been cleared. Should it be an area of concern or should I let it run it's course for a little while longer? I'm more worried about doing unneeded damage or putting unnecessary stress on a joint when I think it's just par the course.
This means your putting a tad too much pressure on them.

Take it easier when working out and do stretches for your shoulders, I think for then shoulder circles works be a good method.

That or try strechibg your arms which helps your shoulders a bit.

If it keeps hurting, then you might have an issue with that past injury, I seriously doubt this is the case. More likely your shoulders are just getting to tense and staining a bit.

Less pressure more stretching IMO.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Did something similar while back with Tennis. Took ****ing forever to get back to normal.

I think for then shoulder circles works be a good method. <--- This/Any activity that gets em warm and toasty

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Intuition says to take it easy on the shoulder and to develop it slowly. Nothing too drastic or strenuous, just enough to develop it little by little. Eventually it'll come around.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If my shoulder doesn't cooperate I'm just gonna buy a new one. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WAIT FOR THESE WORKOUTS VEGAS IS IN TWO MONTHS

Teehee Teehee

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
how do i find jobs and get jobs, i apply everywhere and i've had no luck

what's the secret

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For me, it was applying at Costco. I got in under their Student Retention Program, and I've been with them for 4 years now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
how do i find jobs and get jobs, i apply everywhere and i've had no luck

what's the secret
Minimum Wage jobs normally have low rate of employee retention, people quit and/or get fired at pretty rapid rates so a lot of places you tried even a month ago might have a slot open then.

Try and get in where a friend is already working and have them just make a referral that they know you're a good worker.

When you put applications in, if it's online or in person, go in a few days later and if it doesn't look busy ask to speak with a manager. Tell them you're really keen on the job and was just wondering if they'd gotten a chance to look at your application yet. Do it with confidence, let them know you want the job and when leaving basically let them know that you're looking forward to hearing from them and getting the chance to work there.

I've never had trouble getting the interview from that step for most of those entry-level first job type deals.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kevin is 100% right on the follow-up.

I went in a few days after handing my resume in to Costco and they interviewed me on the spot with the manager who was on duty.

I wasn't hired on the spot, as that **** requires paperwork, but I was hired within a week or two.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I ****ing hate these allergies. I wish I could enjoy spring for once.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm allergic to cats. I love cats ;-;

I also love dogs.

BG.
Yeah their fur or whatever bothers me too. But guess what, I dgaf... I still play with them. I just make sure I have my inhaler with me and some eye drops. Especially with those that are really playful but are really big. (I love dogs too)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If I touch a cat, my hand and my eyes will begin to itch and water. I'll also slowly descend into a fit of sneezing from which there is virtually no return. I like cats, but I prefer that they stay away from me. Most of the time I'll be fine as long as I don't pet the cat, but I can't even go into my aunt and uncle's house without taking something first.

Top Bottom