• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I never got the yellow thing with regards to asians. I've seen more cock-asians that are yelled-toned than regular asians. A lot of Japanese people have a snow white complexion too where as most Caucasians I know seem to have like a "brown * 10^ -infinity" sort of color (Of course there are yellow-toned asians and snow white Caucasians too, but with regards to frequency of American-Caucasians and all around Asians, chotto..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSrP7ub6VA

And since you guys have been talking about avatar quality, I thought I'd impose my expertise. You see an avatar's value is not judged a lone, albeit some avatars are amazing enough that they can be. In general, however, it is a combination of the avatar itself, the user name, title, title, location, and colors. (Profile pic used to be a bonus). These things should all be considered in an avatar combo. Furthermore, one's persona should accurately represent such combo. Well then, let's begin with the rating.

Zεη,s Avacombo Analysis March 17, 2013

soup

9.2/10

I don't even know who the character is, but the art work and resolution are stunning. Very good sir.

KevinM

8.8/10

KevinM has always done well with combining title/location with his avatar. It is also a part of his MO, however, to not give ****s for resolution which has unfortunately cost him some points. But Childish Gambino.

Xonar

4/10

The lack of little girl is just slightly unsettling. This avatar pick seems a bit rushed. And I'm not particularly fond of this fan-girl side of Izaya.

marshy

9.9/10

It's free-king all the marshy's combined into one. This is just really good. The harmony due to the red hue/tone of each image. Would be full 10/10 if the user title had just a wea bit more swag.

Vinyl.

9/10

Ok just yes. The only thing costing here is the disharmony between the ava and user title.

Zen

6/10

The artwork is very good, but the avatar contains both the character name and artist name wtf?

Evil Eye

8.5/10

I had it in my mind at first to give this an 11/10 because the character and image choices are really ballin and have great resolution. The red area on the batman part seems to keep popping into view though. It might be better to have that area as black or maybe putting batman on the right side.

Acrostic
Acrostic/10

I don't even need to look. Acrostic ALWAYS has the best avatars.

vanderzant

8.8/10

Nice scene + location combo. Zoom+hi-res for the forum size would give more points.

Raziek

3/10

The pic is to small to for the forum and distorts the resolution. And it just doesn't quite hold together.

Red Ryu

11/10

I don't know what to say other than I'm proud of you.

Rake

4/10

Change your dam username lol.

Kary

7/10

What even the heck is this?

Ran

4/10

Really blurry due to size. Needs more combo. Needs more res.
Of course you didn't do me.

I'm just going to assume it's payback for having that reincarnation quote as my sig for all this time

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm on a phone, and they no longer have url uploads.

God damnit how am I supposed to show my mastery of phone-fu

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I knew I shouldn't have used the smashboard links for the images.

@BSL/DH: I didn't do yours because I figured you hadn't gotten a chance to reupload since the update. I didn't do Nabe's and someone else's either for other reasons that I do not remember. (Oh yeah PBJ's)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i thought the analysis was enlightening and how he didnt let his own thoughts distort our avatars true worth was impressive

in fact it found it eye opening to the point that he really came off as

zen

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When I grow up, I want to be a grissly Canadian who is judged not by the appearance of his icons but by the content of his posts.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@nabe

>inability to do voices
>did a unique voice for every character including the Teletubbies, and yet gave each tubbie a similar Teletubbyish voice quality somehow

Worst john ever get started on episode two right now bub

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
you could c+p the fic in a conversation and invite those interested with little hassle. it could double as a place for readers to talk about it without spilling into the main forum. just a suggestion if you do elect to go with that one

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
you could c+p the fic in a conversation and invite those interested with little hassle. it could double as a place for readers to talk about it without spilling into the main forum. just a suggestion if you do elect to go with that one
/in

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
no. twilight doesn't deserve it

stories about snape/tubbies where tinkywinky pulls a .45 out of his purse on the other hand aw ****

also, /in

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
man the conversation idea is the best use of that feature ever I think. Basically gives us an autosubscription to a subforum/thread JUST for Nabe's epicrotic webshow without breaking the rules

and imagining the music selections for the Tetris segment is almost too exciting... hmmmmm... that would make me wonder about things if I weren't certain everyone else is as boners for the nabe soundtrack as me

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
yeah should def do the conversation thing for the series real talk. Just post the link and c+p the story you're reading everytime you finish one and everybody knows about it right away

also I said monthly because it was realistic but if once-a-fortnight is doable please oh god please do that. I remember when AVGN released every two weeks... **** was the bomb

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
man the conversation idea is the best use of that feature ever I think. Basically gives us an autosubscription to a subforum/thread JUST for Nabe's epicrotic webshow without breaking the rules

and imagining the music selections for the Tetris segment is almost too exciting... hmmmmm... that would make me wonder about things if I weren't certain everyone else is as boners for the nabe soundtrack as me
I'm in. I got a good idea of what he has to do next. I think you guys might like it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@xonar: Arnie Games was the bomb :mad:

Recent one was hit and miss but the beginning and the A/B/B/A ressurrection ****ing slayed me

I think he just doesn't have the time to focus on it like he used to. 1 ep a month was probably his ideal rhythm and he didn't half a tenth as much **** goin' on at the time

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Assignment said:
2. In 2013, charges have been filed against the slave traders. You are the prosecuting attorney representing the slaves. First, come up with a list of charges that the slave traders are guilty of. Next, write a convincing argument to be read to a jury in order that they would be found guilty.
Guys, any ideas on how I pan this out? I just started a word document but any ideas on how I do this and what I pull from is appreciated, I want to have fun with this. :D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Guys, any ideas on how I pan this out? I just started a word document but any ideas on how I do this and what I pull from is appreciated, I want to have fun with this. :D
Slave Traders?
hell if I know. something something human rights. something something sexual assault. something something OBJECTION.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

We can only invite 5 people to a conversation though.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I have yet to actually get through Nabe's reading of Telebubies X Snape. I mean, I already know what happens because I was the one who told Nabe about it in the first place, but actually listening to makes me feel a little weasy.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Alright DGames. You guys helped out Raz on his girl troubles, now I need some help.

I got a friend. We're been pretty good friends for about 2 years, but only recently did we start getting more personal. Things were going great and all the laughs and good times were rolling, but now we've hit a roadblock. More and more, she stopped talking to me and I always had to start conversations. More and more she would go silent on me completely. I don't know what I did so after a while I just thought "Okay, maybe I should let this be. There's something going on and I shouldn't push the issue. I'm going to respect their space and I don't think they wanna talk to me." One week passes. I let it be and I get on Skype and I see some deleted messages. I finally got her to tell me what was up but it went nowhere. All I wanted to know was why she was treating me like that and she wouldn't give me a direct answer. I wasn't sure to just let it be or try and figure it out, and now I think I've made it worse because I thought it would be a good idea to figure it out. I ended up feeling like a jackass, as she blamed herself for our friendship ending up like the way it is. All I wanted to know what was bothering her and if I could do anything, or If I somehow hurt her. She did say that she was upset with me going away for a week but I told her why I did that. Now she feels as bad as I do. Should I just let this go again? Should I not push the issue further? This isn't someone I wanna lose and not someone I just wanna stop talking to. Feel free to call me out on my bull**** if need be, I feel like **** anyways.

I'm not sure whether to be there as a friend or she'll figure it out on her own. I tried that and look where it ended up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm. She was upset that you left for a week? Hmm.

Maybe that's just it. You didn't do anything for a while, and maybe she felt that you weren't interested in her.

Maybe you shouldn't just 'let it be' sometimes.

But that's just a guess without really knowing the details of why she's feeling down. Deff thinking this is an opportunity for you two to get closer somehow. Maybe you should express to her that no matter how bad the relationship seems to her, that it matters very much to you yadda yadda yadda.

Btw, what are you interested in? Just salvaging the friendship, or being something more with this friend?

Top Bottom