• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
by white swan do you mean the girl rockin a flamingo theme?

sheesh...power rangers these days

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I bet those other rangers aren't even properly segregated. Like, I bet that black ranger isn't a black dude, and the yellow one isn't an asian chick. The red one probably isn't even currently in jail.

EDIT: avy choice was kind of a moment of weakness. Trust me, there were more weaboo choices I could have made from the source material.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ruy i really cant believe you had the gall to come around here disrespectin white ranger takin a **** on peoples childhoods

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
:'(

I also tried to find a more weaboo example for an avy, and couldn't find anything. It kind of made me sad.

She's a zombie though, which is kind of like Solomon Grundy. Just instead of being a villain of an epic hero, she's a bit part in a GBC game nobody has ever heard of.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Hawk married White swan.

White Ranger never banged pink and broke up with her, to get with someone else.

Dear John letter's oh snap, Zeo.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
and pjb if you're still dying to know top-right is Rick Grimes.

but Rick Grimes the awesome protagonist of the amazing comic book, not Rick Grimes the weak soup inconsistent mediocre protagonist from the balls TV show :mad:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Imma hit that up when I get home. 4vatars are too good.

EE that's not racist it's stereotypical come on I expected better from you.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
big bad beetle borgs or gtfo
Holy **** I remember getting that fron blockbusters when I was in elementary school.

All I was thinking about while watching it was how much of a ripoff it was of power rangers.

And there was all that comic **** and I had no idea what was going on

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
black ranger = black yellow ranger = asian native american lookin dude = red

that's def racist what

nerdy microsoft dude = blue and girly girl cheerleader = pink were stereotypical

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
black ranger = black yellow ranger = asian native american lookin dude = red

that's def racist what

nerdy microsoft dude = blue and girly girl cheerleader = pink were stereotypical
It's all stereotypical. It's a racial stereotype. Not racist. Racist is implying something is wrong with black/white/native/Asian people.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
"All Asian people are good at math" is no less a racist remark just because it's not derogatory. It is, however, a lesser form of racism, or one that doesn't demand attention the way ongoing racial tensions and pejoratives do.

Racism can be any kind of pre-determination on your part about someone based on their race. Where's the stereotype in making the Asian be the yellow ranger? There's no stereotype here... just "lol yellow people"

Top Bottom