• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
"All Asian people are good at math" is no less a racist remark just because it's not derogatory. It is, however, a lesser form of racism, or one that doesn't demand attention the way ongoing racial tensions and pejoratives do.

Racism can be any kind of pre-determination on your part about someone based on their race. Where's the stereotype in making the Asian be the yellow ranger? There's no stereotype here... just "lol yellow people"
I think "all Asians are good at math" is derogatory, which is why it's racist.

"Asians have yellowish skin" is a racial stereotype just like the math one, but I think the math one is actually racist.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I never got the yellow thing with regards to asians. I've seen more cock-asians that are yelled-toned than regular asians. A lot of Japanese people have a snow white complexion too where as most Caucasians I know seem to have like a "brown * 10^ -infinity" sort of color (Of course there are yellow-toned asians and snow white Caucasians too, but with regards to frequency of American-Caucasians and all around Asians, chotto..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSrP7ub6VA

And since you guys have been talking about avatar quality, I thought I'd impose my expertise. You see an avatar's value is not judged a lone, albeit some avatars are amazing enough that they can be. In general, however, it is a combination of the avatar itself, the user name, title, title, location, and colors. (Profile pic used to be a bonus). These things should all be considered in an avatar combo. Furthermore, one's persona should accurately represent such combo. Well then, let's begin with the rating.

Zεη,s Avacombo Analysis March 17, 2013

soup

9.2/10

I don't even know who the character is, but the art work and resolution are stunning. Very good sir.

KevinM

8.8/10

KevinM has always done well with combining title/location with his avatar. It is also a part of his MO, however, to not give ****s for resolution which has unfortunately cost him some points. But Childish Gambino.

Xonar

4/10

The lack of little girl is just slightly unsettling. This avatar pick seems a bit rushed. And I'm not particularly fond of this fan-girl side of Izaya.

marshy

9.9/10

It's free-king all the marshy's combined into one. This is just really good. The harmony due to the red hue/tone of each image. Would be full 10/10 if the user title had just a wea bit more swag.

Vinyl.

9/10

Ok just yes. The only thing costing here is the disharmony between the ava and user title.

Zen

6/10

The artwork is very good, but the avatar contains both the character name and artist name wtf?

Evil Eye

8.5/10

I had it in my mind at first to give this an 11/10 because the character and image choices are really ballin and have great resolution. The red area on the batman part seems to keep popping into view though. It might be better to have that area as black or maybe putting batman on the right side.

Acrostic
Acrostic/10

I don't even need to look. Acrostic ALWAYS has the best avatars.

vanderzant

8.8/10

Nice scene + location combo. Zoom+hi-res for the forum size would give more points.

Raziek

3/10

The pic is to small to for the forum and distorts the resolution. And it just doesn't quite hold together.

Red Ryu

11/10

I don't know what to say other than I'm proud of you.

Rake

4/10

Change your dam username lol.

Kary

7/10

What even the heck is this?

Ran

4/10

Really blurry due to size. Needs more combo. Needs more res.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah I'm not terribly happy with it either, but the preview videos for the DS2 anime have only given me two types of shots thus far:

Abnoxiously close up, face filling MORE than the screen.

Or

Obscured by someone else.

I'll have a better one when the anime starts. Might go back to my old Yamato avatar in the meantime.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
the multitar actually used to be daredevil top-left batman top-right, Rick bottom-left and Supes bottom-right. That looked pretty good but I liked the idea of blending a bit more by having batman to the left of Rick. Alas the differing shades of red from bats to rick do make that red block a bit garish. Anybody good with photoshop that could maybe darken the red stripe in batman's sector to make it blend seamlessly into Rick's quadrant? Bonus points if it slowly lightens just enough to blend nicely into Supes's as well

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also I finally listened to Nabe's reading of Snape x Teletubbies. I actually cried with laughter pretty much all the way through. the music choices oh my god the voices god damn it, so perfect

I really wish Nabe would do a new horrifying fanfiction in that classy narrator guy style once a month or something

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Yeah yeah i'm working on it Zen;

/gambling the name Rake hasn't been taken.

As an aside i now have even more spare time because my kinda GF and I are no longer a thing.

/backtobeingabachelor

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Changed back to my old favorite, you can re-evaluate it, Zen.

Also, anyone know why it seems to be compressing? The version I uploaded and have saved is higher resolution, and the direct link Zen used to looks right, but the version in my actual avatar and by my posts looks blurry by comparison.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Changed back to my old favorite, you can re-evaluate it, Zen.

Also, anyone know why it seems to be compressing? The version I uploaded and have saved is higher resolution, and the direct link Zen used to looks right, but the version in my actual avatar and by my posts looks blurry by comparison.
Are you using Gravatar or the site to upload images? If you're using Gravatar, you can input a size parameter so that the image is more accurately depicted. Also double check to make sure that you're using a png file.

Sadly, I don't really have a big attachment for my icons because I mostly pick them out of aesthetics. I would probably be more faithful to an icon choice if I could find something deeply personal and self-resonating while also being eye candy, however no such luck. I dunno, I did have the Wire icon up of McNulty-Bunk up, but that's just entertainment media. You know, I would like to go out with a camera and maybe take some snapshots of the subway grunge style and load one up of a homeless person (because homeless people are awesome) when I have the time. Not to push some social agenda, but because you have to wonder how these people manage to live, smile, beg when they have no home, no food, and no immediate future. I don't think that anyone should suffer to that extent.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yo im rocking another magic avatar. this one is necropolis regent, some sorta ballin vampire queen flyin round with blood on her hands. pr' sweet if you ask me.

:'/ @rake

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Confirmed for unloved by zen. Got [redacted] in [redacted] and then he skipped me on the avatar rating. :c

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I see i see.

But I'm doing just fine lol.

No need for :'/ or :/ or :'(.

Besides recent back spasms but those were an issue before :088: .

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
also I finally listened to Nabe's reading of Snape x Teletubbies. I actually cried with laughter pretty much all the way through. the music choices oh my god the voices god damn it, so perfect

I really wish Nabe would do a new horrifying fanfiction in that classy narrator guy style once a month or something
No reason I couldn't start. If there's anything I love doing, it's anything that diverts me from doing what I should be doing.

The worst caveat is really my complete lack of ability to do voices.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
All the characters were likable and the first case was amazing

People were just having Phoenix withdrawals

Top Bottom