• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Friendship. She's dating someone and I'm fine with that.

I just wanna know how I fix this before it's too late. We did get a bit personal and she's helped with some of my real life problems and etc. but nothing much else. She said she thinks that I just look at her as that though, which I told her I didn't but not really any response.

I know she's upset with herself and she tells me all the time she doesn't know what to say, but what do you do when someone is doing that? It's not like I don't feel like garbage either forcing an issue as such. I couldn't just let it go this time nor pretend that I wasn't upset by it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Friendship. She's dating someone and I'm fine with that.

I just wanna know how I fix this before it's too late. We did get a bit personal and she's helped with some of my real life problems and etc. but nothing much else. She said she thinks that I just look at her as that though, which I told her I didn't but not really any response.
Underlined, do you mean to say that she thinks that you just look at her as a friend to tell your problems to (and for her to fix them?). If so, are you sure that you don't think of her that way? (Re-evaluate how much time you spend with her that is not probs etc)

Maybe a small chat log would be helpful to understand the struggle here. If you would be comfortable with that. (or just an example log that would show what would usually go down in chats between you two)

#HBC | ѕoup

Damn, getting analyzed like a Mafia game. Wanting chatlogs and everything. I'm town, I promise.

Underlined, do you mean to say that she thinks that you just look at her as a friend to tell your problems to (and for her to fix them?). If so, are you sure that you don't think of her that way? (Re-evaluate how much time you spend with her that is not probs etc)
No, it feels more like I think that she's only good for fixing my issues. I talk about them a lot and they do come up at times, but lately I've tried not to and I tell her not to worry. I think of her more than just that for certain. She's funny and enjoyable to talk with. I only come to her because I feel comfortable with it, not because I'm using her. It's not always drama though, so yeah don't get that idea.

Maybe a small chat log would be helpful to understand the struggle here. If you would be comfortable with that. (or just an example log that would show what would usually go down in chats between you two)
It's not worth going into. It's not any different than what I say, and like I said some **** is indeed personal. I hope you understand.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vote: Soup
Vote: Soup's girly fiend

FoS: Ranmaru
Real talk though, communication. If you feel a certain way, let her know clearly. She needs to do the same. If you slack on communication, something is bound to go wrong. If you're both honest and something still goes wrong, then it was bound to go wrong eventually. If you're both honest and everything goes fine, then you feel good.

I honestly think she should man up because wtf. She didn't talk to you and now it's your fault that she left you in the dark? **** that noise. Personally I'd dip, but hey, I hope that what I said helped regardless.

and here I came in hoping I could show off my wallpapers and ask for which one of the two to use. **** you Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

She has talked to me in the past and tried to start conversations too. So it's all not one-sided. That was actually common for awhile but the difference is that I tried to not do that. I'm guilty of it at times but I always give a reason If I go away, or I simply just go 'hey i dont wanna talk'. She does tell me that she's doing other stuff, but that's how we ended up here. I respected that notion and let it be completely. I don't understand though? What did I do? Maybe there is something else going on that I don't understand. How do I handle this?

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote: Soup
Vote: Soup's girly fiend

FoS: Ranmaru
Real talk though, communication. If you feel a certain way, let her know clearly. She needs to do the same. If you slack on communication, something is bound to go wrong. If you're both honest and something still goes wrong, then it was bound to go wrong eventually. If you're both honest and everything goes fine, then you feel good.

I honestly think she should man up because wtf. She didn't talk to you and now it's your fault that she left you in the dark? **** that noise. Personally I'd dip, but hey, I hope that what I said helped regardless.

and here I came in hoping I could show off my wallpapers and ask for which one of the two to use. **** you Soup.
I won't steal your spotlight. I'm trying not to think about it as much but I really didn't know what to do.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm just kidding lil guy. Even though I spent hours on these things (lolnotreally) I'll just go elsewhere.

But really, everything I said. I also said girly fiend instead of girly friend. :dwam:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I have yet to actually get through Nabe's reading of Telebubies X Snape. I mean, I already know what happens because I was the one who told Nabe about it in the first place, but actually listening to makes me feel a little weasy.
It's okay. I understand.

On an unrelated note I made you a new avatar:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
guys i just realized thisll be the first time i actually hear the voice of no hetero

i...dont know how i feel about this

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Serious talk: If you want to salvage it and haven't said so already, just say so. "Hey, I really don't understand what's going on between us. But I hope we can find common ground between us again, because I enjoy and appreciate our friendship." Intent registered, and you should let it lie where it is. If she eventually responds, great, but tbh "it's my fault" sounds like another way of saying it's dead. Relationships sometimes dissolve, people grow apart, **** happens. Relationships come back together too, although sometimes differently than they were, and while the adage "time heals all wounds" isn't true, it is mostly true.

#HBC | ѕoup

Should have known the guy who writes gay fanfiction for a living would know human emotion best and how to handle it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yo i normally just lurk all these real talk kinda personal life discussions but i just wanna recommend like pizza and cake and listening to old songs and telling bad jokes. like don't attempt them all at once but if you can just binge on guilty pleasures like that it helps you to get over, or at least look past, all the other **** going on. idk how relavent this advice is but hell /2c just want the best for ya

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
you see soup, a double entendre is a word or phrase that has two meanings. Often, one of those meanings is sexual in context. The phrase zen used in this example, "**ck ***ches." fits the definition nicely. The two ways you could interpret the sentence's meaning would be

"Disregard whining, unpleasant females"
or
"Have sexual intercourse with slovenly women"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My first ban on smashboards came because of that saying.

I refused to change a signature that called me the **** ******* Get Money Blade breaker.

xD

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I know she's upset with herself and she tells me all the time she doesn't know what to say, but what do you do when someone is doing that? It's not like I don't feel like garbage either forcing an issue as such. I couldn't just let it go this time nor pretend that I wasn't upset by it.
This is just my insight because you've kept your information relatively vague and so I can't get into specifics, so forgive me if it is equally vague or just completely curt, but...

I think you've made your point clear now, or at the very least you've directly stated how you feel. At this point, there isn't a whole lot you can do, honestly. If you still have things to communicate, please do so. Especially do what Nabe said, because I think it helps to clarify that.

But you're at a point where not a lot can be done and things are really out of your hands. For whatever it's worth to you, it seems like she's having inner conflicts about...something, possibly relationships, possibly something else and that's affecting a lot of things and that's why she's confused to the point where she doesn't know what to say. She needs to figure out herself and why she's acting like this but that is, by no means, a right to just stop talking to her for a week. Understand she needs to think about things and give her that time to herself but don't outright abandon her for it.

Good luck to you Soup. These situations are hell.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
alternate comeback: I see Mic# has trained you well

(I meant to post that ages ago but got distracted by studying)

(#oppositeday)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
see THAT would be a point where someone (Mic, here) coming in and being all "lol u namesearchin me bro :troll:" would be kind of funny. and even so it wouldn't be because I used his name but rather the context of this conversation coupled with that

I feel like john connor teaching the T800 how to be a person lol

#sanchaz life

#actualnamesearchbait

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Over here, john is a noun, place, or thing. I think July could attest to that. Maybe. Example:

"The john" "Her john" "I'm gonna be at the john"

I don't use it like that cuz it sounds dumb

Top Bottom