• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I guess I'll add Bokurano to that list. Another case of manga over anime but w/e.

Also Kevim I used to think you were an ***. Now, though, you're still an *** but you're like a bro so you're like whatever man.
That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This whole knocking down nerds for being weeaboo's thing is getting overplayed. If you want to talk about anime as a Dgames topic you should do so shamelessly and not try to spin it off on nerds by putting a "Wtf is this nerd ****." in your post as if to throw them under the bus. Oh yeah sure this is my anime avatar, but look at these nerds, they've got tons of anime waiting in that hard drive and I'm not nearly as bad as them.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This whole knocking down nerds for being weeaboo's thing is getting overplayed. If you want to talk about anime as a Dgames topic you should do so shamelessly and not try to spin it off on nerds by putting a "Wtf is this nerd ****." in your post as if to throw them under the bus. Oh yeah sure this is my anime avatar, but look at these nerds, they've got tons of anime waiting in that hard drive and I'm not nearly as bad as them.
Acrostic is just joking.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
D-Games, I'm feeling down right now.

I've been searching for close to a year now for someone suitable to have a long-term relationship with, with ultimately little success.

I saw someone today that looked such a striking amount like my last ex that it spun me into a mood of regret and loneliness that I'm currently weathering.

I've the clarity of mind to realize that breaking off the last relationship was the right decision for me to make due to the toxic levels of stress, but there's still a crushing isolation to deal with.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for from you guys right now other than some support, I suppose. I'm reaching out to my social circles to pull myself through this right now.

:phone:
All I can say is, I know dat feel man. Currently going through something similar, though I wouldn't call it crushing at least right now. My ex in my last long-term relationship was abusive (in the emotional blackmail sense) and it took me a while to understand what was going on after I actually left, so for a long time I felt incredibly guilty about leaving.

Been searching for somebody else for a while, and i've had short-terms, but nothing really lasting panned out so far. So yea, I understand.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dang, I didn't realize Code Geass was as cliche as people say, I should probably rewatch it sometime

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, if that's not the anime he's looking for, I guess he isn't into the modern day kind of anime.

He should watch akira.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
(Current) Anime I've Watched:

I really wanna try Bacanno, I just can't find myself getting into anime. The only time I've really invested in one is Yu Yu Hakusho.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Xonar, do you think OS would like Lain?

It's not anime out of proportions or anything from what I watched, but it's definitely fiction and super-natural and stuff. I didn't get too far into it though due to me being the guy that never finishes things lol.

Turazrok

Smash Master
OS I highly recommend Hobo with a shotgun, infinitely underrated cinematic masterpiece, it's on netflix.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Everyone whose intelligent enough to understand lain loves it, if OS is smart enough he'll enjoy it.
wow how insulting

Your not intelliegent enough.

:059:
WOOOW how insulting. This text serves solely to show that I know what's going on here.

OS I highly recommend Hobo with a shotgun, infinitely underrated cinematic masterpiece, it's on netflix.
not actually as bad as you would think I watched it with some highschool friends. Not incredible but it's a hell of a movie.

.L-

EEOS
yeah but I reiterate what about people like me who have never had an anime avatar ever and never plan to and likely never will

and also I watched one of the most highly recommended allegedly nonweaboo animes and only just managed to enjoy it

plus let's face it a weaboo scholar like zonie is a cut away from marshy the guy who loved one anime and doesn't really like any others

not that I'm gonna bust his balls for it because again, goddamn maritimers

...goddamn maritimers, now I'm thinkin about goddamn maritimers goddamnit

.L-

EEOS
LOL WOW BEST "WRONG ACCOUNT POST" ever. Of all time.

Point still stands for reasons I can't go into because I should be studying (TLDR; L is a good character and most of the reason I was able to enjoy Death Note but he was still polluted by weaboo whackness and so was a lotta the rest of the show) but wow. DAMN I laughed so hard

yo adumb see this is an example of irony. This is what irony is. yo J this is what irony is.

at least this stopped me from thinking about the goddamn mari.... ahhhhh **** :mad:

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
wait

someone actially told yu that death note was nonweeaboo?

that show with misa who squeals and has other eyestabbingly annoying mannerisms?

and geniuses just happen to eat sweets all the time for no reason?

the show has its moments and is often clever but

what the mother**** son

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It has its nonweaboo elements though. The central ideas and themes are nonweaboo. Some of the episode cliffhangers where something dramatic happened were surprisingly powerful; Aizawa's breakdown in the park
after he quits the investigation
in particular was strikingly subtle and something I'd have never expected an anime episode to close on before watching DN.

Amane Misa really is one of the absolute worst characters in the history of all narrative mediums that actually aimed for some kind of higher thought. Even the style of the show itself started to bend to the goofy dorky whims of the character, like Misa was some kind of weaboo black hole, spaghettifying and warping the show that so badly wanted to not want to be an anime.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm going in the direction where I answer macman's query and then talk about my thoughts a bit because I'm having a social interaction in a social thread bro

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
non weeaboo elements LOL

No, not every show is otaku-pandering ****. Including a character like Misa, though, is lucrative, and anime is risky business. A single flop can easily be fatal for a studio.

Madhouse (DN's studio) is actually one of the lesser offenders of including characters like that, but then again, Death Note has been (and still is) a major source of income, so Misa helps accomplish that goal.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm going in the direction where I answer macman's query and then talk about my thoughts a bit because I'm having a social interaction in a social thread bro
But it seems as if you've hit a mental wall and now you're just driving yourself up the wall.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I mean I didn't say they are all otaku-pandering I just implied that it's an endemic problem and it is so we're obviously on the same page there. Unless that was like an agreement with my statement that DN has a lot of nonweaboo stuff in it (and, thus, the implication that a fully nonweaboo anime can exist). In hindsight I did probs give off the wrong vibe by saying that DN is a show that desperately wanted to not be an anime, but eh, given that Misa was pandering for the sake of financial security and that the pandering is inherent to anime, I stand by that

@Acrostinja: nah man I just figured it'd be chill to elaborate on some of my thought processes from what little anime I've watched and thus explore my conception of weabooism n ****

looking forward to monster btw real talk, downloadpurchasing it in piecemeal the last few weeks. Should really change my perceptions of the medium, at least in longform (I always believed movies could probs avoid pandering/requirements by financiers to include pandering a lot more easily).

still can't see myself ever havin' an anime avatar tho. MAYBE chief yagami just because of his moustache cop power but why if I'm goin' that route Commissioner Gordon is riiiiiight there

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar, do you think OS would like Lain?

It's not anime out of proportions or anything from what I watched, but it's definitely fiction and super-natural and stuff. I didn't get too far into it though due to me being the guy that never finishes things lol.
Skimmed past this sorry Joey :(

Uhm. It could fall well, it could not. That's a general issue with Lain though, so I try not to recommend it.

(...) and that the pandering is inherent to anime, I stand by that
That is a pretty damn big generalization to make. :embarrass:

Top Bottom