• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, and my phone too. But Im at work now... Hey imma look at that pic now. :troll:

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, when photos go up, you guys have to guess who is who for kicks

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I temporarily removed the names from the photo I posted to make Ran's guessing game harder. Looking forward to it. :D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
it's cause you're european, nobody's seen you at tournaments and unlike our other foreigners, pics haven't come up.
i dont speak for everyone but i would say people just want to know if hes arcanine or what

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Basically, if Gheb isn't a chubby Asian baby, I'm calling shenanigans on how cute you guys are claiming he is.

Mousey blonde white boy would also be fitting, but almost too expected.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Now imagine my surprise and amusement when Ryo asked me to push through the crowd so we could get to our doubles match.

Conversation went something like this:

"Man just clear a path, knock these fools out da way!"

"Do you realize you're asking a Canadian to push through a crowd?"

End result was I did a lot of weaving while repeating "'scuse me, pardon me, coming through, tournament match! Beg your pardon, sorry, watch your back, etc etc.", while Ryo basically just barrelled through behind me, lmao. I think he may have clothes-lined a few people.

Ryker had a smarter idea and just held onto my back-pack strap while I weaved, and I towed him through like a pull-toy. xD

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
gheb raging in mafia games just got more awkward for me...
You've just got try to separate his in-game persona from his supposed "cute" real life image. Otherwise you end up being confused and merge both entities into one:

In game-Gheb + real-life Gheb as one organism:

"I'm not maf you f***er!! I'm just some misunderstood kid in an Angry Birds costume!!!"

Handorin

Smash Hero
You've just got try to separate his in-game persona from his supposed "cute" real life image. Otherwise you end up being confused and merge both entities into one:

In game-Gheb + real-life Gheb as one organism:

"I'm not maf you f***er!! I'm just some misunderstood kid in an Angry Birds costume!!!"
I totally read that as orgasm.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I bow when I apologize, but when meeting someone? That's some japanese **** bro
I was not aware that bowing was a thing in Europe.

The only times I can think of people bowing in America are... martial arts lessons, and various performances on stage. Or being a butler/waiter/etc in some high class place I guess.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Bowing shows servitude and compliance. It is literally designed to show that you are not a threat and are putting them in a higher social class than you. Bowing is humanity's way of saying "I acknowledge that you are my superior".

It's part of many cultures, but that's pretty much how it's always been. When you bow your eyes are removed from the person and putting you at risk. The deeper the bow, the more at risk, the more "respectful".

Every time you bow you're pretty much saying "I am your *****, you are my better" on a primal level.

That's probably not what people mean when they bow, but them's the roots.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I was not aware that bowing was a thing in Europe.

The only times I can think of people bowing in America are... martial arts lessons, and various performances on stage. Or being a butler/waiter/etc in some high class place I guess.
It's called modesty, which - based on my experience at Apex - is a rather foreign concept in america. Not that the people aren't cool or nice or anything. They just aren't modest, which is something I surely am.

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Bowing shows servitude and compliance. It is literally designed to show that you are not a threat and are putting them in a higher social class than you. Bowing is humanity's way of saying "I acknowledge that you are my superior".

It's part of many cultures, but that's pretty much how it's always been. When you bow your eyes are removed from the person and putting you at risk. The deeper the bow, the more at risk, the more "respectful".

Every time you bow you're pretty much saying "I am your *****, you are my better" on a primal level.

I was aware of that much, thus bowing when apologizing. It's quite fitting when you're asking for forgiveness, isn't it?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pretty much. It's a way of saying 'please don't kick my ***' in nature. Most mammals have a form of bowing; dogs get close to the ground and tuck their tail inbetween their legs and then go on their back and expose their belly saying "I KNOW YOU COULD KILL ME RIGHT NOW" to submit to their superior.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's called modesty, which - based on my experience at Apex - is a rather foreign concept in america. Not that the people aren't cool or nice or anything. They just aren't modest, which is something I surely am.

:059:
We're modest too, it's just that we're so ****ing amazing at everything that our modesty comes off as arrogance.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Pretty much. It's a way of saying 'please don't kick my ***' in nature. Most mammals have a form of bowing; dogs get close to the ground and tuck their tail inbetween their legs and then go on their back and expose their belly saying "I KNOW YOU COULD KILL ME RIGHT NOW" to submit to their superior.
They do? That's adorable <3

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami

It's funny because by tradition definition bbowing basically contradicts most of what gheb says.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
They do? That's adorable <3
Yep. Most mammals have something, some birds do too.

It's funny because by tradition definition bbowing basically contradicts most of what gheb says.
Oddly enough, bowing is actually a European tradition. The orient just took it to the next level when the British came over.

Fun fact: many asian countries actually have smiling as a form of shame in their history, some of them still maintain it. This causes some serious issues in management when a person of asian descent is working in an American office and being scolded and just smiles the entire time.

Top Bottom