• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The hype

and I know ZSS isn't gonna be top tier now. She might rise up to bottom of A because "lol misconceptions" but she's in exactly the place on the tier list she's supposed to be right now, top of B tier.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
>B tier
[COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE]

That's not what I really think. I can't say that since I don't have little to any info on her, but I do feel like she belongs in the current spot. If you like to tell me why though, feel free. All I know is that I don't think she belongs in B.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The hype

and I know ZSS isn't gonna be top tier now. She might rise up to bottom of A because "lol misconceptions" but she's in exactly the place on the tier list she's supposed to be right now, top of B tier.
When I have no horse in the race, there's no hype for me to miss. If that was the most hype you've ever seen in your life, you don't watch very much.

I don't think she's even IN B tier.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Whoops, i actually meant C tier.
I was thinking top tier was all one tier for some reason. I know she's High Tier

Haven't really looked at the tier list for quite some time

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It was when Superboom was on. That's my boy. Isai went Mario through grand finals though, rofl. He plays for fun at APEX.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Kikoushi is legit, and that set was great. BCow had pretty good commentary but I preferred Nintendude as he kinda kept calm and didn't spaz out about everything.

#HBC | ѕoup

I hope you weren't one of these people shouting USA USA USA USA USA USA USA.

Why didn't you sign up for 64? I know you have a Ness that coulda had some fun.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Doesn't Isai just pick a random character, and then play as them through the whole tournament no matter what? My understanding of SSB64 metagame is that even the bottom tier is pretty viable, especially compared Brawl or Melee.

#HBC | ѕoup

Tiers aren't really segmented and comparable to the likes of Brawl.

Everyone agrees Pikachu is broken as hell.

If you look at it like this:

Isai playing Link has a high chance of beating a pikachu at Ryker's level.
Ryker playing Pikachu has a high chance of beating a Link at Ryker's level.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Isai is far and away better than anyone at the game and (with the exception of Fox+Hyrule) Pikachu is far and away the best and it shows. After that, it's Fox and then Kirby and then a clear divide over (and correct me if I'm wrong here) Mario and then Captain Falcon and then another divide and then the rest of the cast.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah, you're right.

[collapse="Graphs speak louder than words"]
[/collapse]

I know Brawl tends to have a lot of MK mains and high-tiers so I was surprised when Salem won, but hey.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well yea, skill is almost always a bigger factor than tiers (unless you're Ivan Ooze or something). I just meant that in SSB64, even the bottom tiers have better MUs with top tiers, as a general rule, than in, say, Brawl. Like, even though Link is considered "bottom tier", all you gotta do is play him on Hyrule Castle and he becomes "almost top tier". That kinda tells me that the tiers aren't very far apart.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well yea, skill is almost always a bigger factor than tiers (unless you're Ivan Ooze or something). I just meant that in SSB64, even the bottom tiers have better MUs with top tiers, as a general rule, than in, say, Brawl. Like, even though Link is considered "bottom tier", all you gotta do is play him on Hyrule Castle and he becomes "top tier". That kinda tells me that the tiers aren't very far apart.
Not true at all. Stage picks might give Link an advantage but you have to remember what advantages it gives the other cast members too. **** tent is really efficient for combos for most characters, and link is punished pretty damn easily. The only difference between playing a Link on Dreamland and playing a Link on Hyrule is that a Link on Hyrule has more breathing room and places to camp it out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think ZSS would have lost to MikeNeko if he punished her more off stage, or at least that is what Marth mains have been telling me.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I think ZSS would have lost to MikeNeko if he punished her more off stage, or at least that is what Marth mains have been telling me.
Would'ves and could'ves. The fact of the matter is that Salem's offstage game was extremely flashy, varied, and dangerous. There's no doubt that everybody he played was afraid of committing too much to an edge guard. Salem was outplaying mikeneko and everybody else, especially when it came to recovering. That being said, ZSS is a pretty good character I guess. At least at that level. I can't wait to body all the people who pick up ZSS because of that, though.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Hemoglobin C (abbreviated as Hb C or HbC) is an abnormal hemoglobin in which substitution of a glutamic acid residue with a lysine residue at the 6th position of the β-globin chain has occurred.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw gheb. First thought: 'He is smiling!?!'

:phone:

Top Bottom