• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I know there's a few of you who want to talk about VLR besides GLG.

Get at me, I got the True Ending today.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm going to order 999 and VLR today, so I'll join the cool kid club soon :D

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
too bad VLR is for systems I don't own :(
wait I could just watch a LP of it... hmm...

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also don't own a 3ds and I don't want to buy one just for VLR.

I'm under the believe that 999 was great as a stand alone game/story that doesn't need to be expended on. In matter of fact, I almost want to say, without playing VLR, that 999 is more powerful by itself because of the fan speculation that it's ending caused.

VLR might be an amazing game, but I'm probably not going to play it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also don't own a 3ds and I don't want to buy one just for VLR.

I'm under the believe that 999 was great as a stand alone game/story that doesn't need to be expended on. In matter of fact, I almost want to say, without playing VLR, that 999 is more powerful by itself because of the fan speculation that it's ending caused.

VLR might be an amazing game, but I'm probably not going to play it.
You are wrong, and probably the worst person ever.

Actually.

Like, you cannot even begin to comprehend how wrong you are.

VLR is the best story in anything I've ever played ever.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've never even played VLR, but just the system changes makes it entirely different. Timed action choices, and how it's designed to pit people against each other. Yoooo tension. I plan on buying it and simply borrowing a 3ds.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Swords you're missing out bro :b:

Raz I'll pm you an interesting discussion about the ending/sequel I sent to a bunch of people.

Nabe did Kat pm you? He should have, if not pm him :p

Also I'm contemplating buying a Vita as the price for a WiFI model is very good atm. I'll definitely get Persona 4 and probably Rayman Origins, but are there any other game anyone would reccomend? And heck, I'll probably buy VLR for it as well if I can find it.

#HBC | Dancer

@OS: 999 (Full name: 999: Nine doors, Nine persons, Nine Hours) is a mystery/suspense/horror visual novel with puzzle game elements in it for the DS. Most people love it (including me) for having a super good story and being very, VERY engrossing. The game has multiple paths you can go down and multiple endings. It's not uncommon for people to pull several all nighters playing this game. I know I did.

I'll heavily recommend it. Be warned though, I know that you don't like anime, and the character designs are kinda animeish. The anime art style doesn't lay it on too thickly, but big eyes plus pink/white hair does show up in the game, so be warned.

VLR is the sequel to 999, for the 3DS. I more or less know the basic premise of the game, but someone else might be able to explain that one better than I can.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have a DS and a 3DS, but I have so little time to finish games now I've got a huge backlog. Even for the DS I have all the megaman zero games and Shiren the Wanderer and Golden Sun to finish before moving on, but I hardly ever have time to play it because I am always the one driving. :\

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You poor man.

Finishing Golden Sun (As long as it's not Dark Dawn) is definitely worth it.

999 and VLR are in my top 10 favorite games, and are absolutely some of the best games on the DS/3DS.

#HBC | Dancer

You are wrong, and probably the worst person ever.

Actually.

Like, you cannot even begin to comprehend how wrong you are.

VLR is the best story in anything I've ever played ever.
Meh. Better than 999? That seems kinda hard to top.

Lets talk about this in private so I don't spoil anything. Maybe you can qualm some of my fears about the game.

I've never even played VLR, but just the system changes makes it entirely different. Timed action choices, and how it's designed to pit people against each other. Yoooo tension. I plan on buying it and simply borrowing a 3ds.
I didn't know about VLR having timed action choices. That kinda makes me want the game a bit more.

I won't go out of my way to buy a 3DS for VLR, but if I ever get a 3DS then I'll be sure to pick up VLR.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You poor man.

Finishing Golden Sun (As long as it's not Dark Dawn) is definitely worth it.

999 and VLR are in my top 10 favorite games, and are absolutely some of the best games on the DS/3DS.
having played Shiren the Wanderer, I know you have not played it

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
There's no sense buying VLR again
If I can get a Vita version with the english VAs, I might get it, but I guess I could just watch LPs on youtube.

Swords, trust me that if you loved 999 you'll probably love VLR. Without spoiling anything it's honestly not at all necessary to have played 999 first, other than the fact that VLR spoils everything about 999. Nothing about the ending in 999 is explained in a way that "ruins" it or stops it from being left up to the readers interpretation. It's a completely different cast (apart from Clover) in a different Nonary game. It's not a "continuation" from the ending of 999.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If I can get a Vita version with the english VAs, I might get it, but I guess I could just watch LPs on youtube.

Swords, trust me that if you loved 999 you'll probably love VLR. Without spoiling anything it's honestly not at all necessary to have played 999 first, other than the fact that VLR spoils everything about 999. Nothing about the ending in 999 is explained in a way that "ruins" it or stops it from being left up to the readers interpretation. It's a completely different cast (apart from Clover) in a different Nonary game. It's not a "continuation" from the ending of 999.
I already gave him a 1-hour pep talk and dealt with most of his concerns.

Also first impressions of Radiant Historia are that I love how fast-paced the combat is, and it reminds me a LOT of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

Liking it so far.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Can I be added to that VLR PM discussion? I just beat the game completely.

Top Bottom