• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
We should carpool or something.
I won't have a car. If I things work out right, my family will be heading down that weekend and I'll just have them take me. That's really my only shot. Unless you can drive, which would be amazing.

The other thing that may or may not cause this to fall through is if I have to perform at the football game that weekend. If that's a home game, I can't go.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I wish I could drive. I haven't even started Driver's Ed and I'm gonna be 18 in a month. :urg:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I didn't get my license 'til I was 18; it ain't no thang.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Whoa whoa wait a second....

I thought I was older than Soup?!

*sadface*

Still need to get my license transferred for Colorado from my Maryland Permit. I swear to gosh, if I have to take Driver's Ed again, I'm gonna cry. At least it's only 4 hours here instead of the 30+ in Maryland I had to take.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
its just a week of class

not hard
2 weeks for me. I didn't mind the class since it was in the summer, it just sucked that I had to bail on some good parties to go. Plus the people in the driver's ed where....obnoxious. They had nickname's for everyone in the class. Mine was blueberry for some odd reason. I guessed because I wore blue sometimes and they thought I was a fruit.

It was actually kind of funny because they asked if me and my friend were dating. He got really offended and I played it off. xD Still not the most enjoyable two weeks of summer.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I enjoy it quite a lot, actually.

Gova, I miss you already.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
2 weeks for me. I didn't mind the class since it was in the summer, it just sucked that I had to bail on some good parties to go. Plus the people in the driver's ed where....obnoxious. They had nickname's for everyone in the class. Mine was blueberry for some odd reason. I guessed because I wore blue sometimes and they thought I was a fruit.

It was actually kind of funny because they asked if me and my friend were dating. He got really offended and I played it off. xD Still not the most enjoyable two weeks of summer.
dafuq? What an incredibly stupid name to give someone.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Guys, I need a name for a superhero. I already got rainbow fingers, but I need a second one.

:phone:

Preferably one along the same vein.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I wish I could drive. I haven't even started Driver's Ed and I'm gonna be 18 in a month. :urg:
I turned 20 on earth day~ (April 22nd) and i still don't have my license :( I have my permit and I drive my boyfriends car but only with someone 21 or older next to me xD I feel slightly pathetic and old T_T

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I got my license right after I turned 16, felt good being the one of the few juniors that could drive at the start of the school year :)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Driving overrated imo. The only reason I got a license was because my parents made me.

#HBC | ѕoup

I turned 20 on earth day~ (April 22nd) and i still don't have my license :( I have my permit and I drive my boyfriends car but only with someone 21 or older next to me xD I feel slightly pathetic and old T_T
That must honestly suck, I hate having to rely on my parents to drive me places mostly because they're unreliable, I can't go to any events and I have no money in my pocket, carpooling is the only option I have.

#HBC | ѕoup

In other news I freaking fell asleep early (8 PM, woke up at 11) and am now wide awake and can't sleep aaaaaaa

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got a license at 16, so I could drive since halfway through my sophomore year.

I wouldn't be a part of the smash scene if I couldn't drive.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I got my license right after I turned 16, felt good being the one of the few juniors that could drive at the start of the school year :)
You know what's better? Having a friend who got his license early so you always have a ride home from school.

And then also being in the car to witness said friend get into several minor accidents with other cars. Because lol teen drivers.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i cant sleep either ~ join me in my nonsleep mode xD

Also, it doesn't suck that I can't drive. I prefer not driving tbh xD I get to tourneys because Nick drives me places and I usually hang out with him on weekends and then weekdays im at home working. I don't go out much...if I have to though my uncle who lives in the same house doesnt have a job and is always home so if i give him a couple of bucks he'll take me where ever I want to go =/

#HBC | ѕoup

I got a license at 16, so I could drive since halfway through my sophomore year.

I wouldn't be a part of the smash scene if I couldn't drive.

One of the main reasons I want a car, I'm left out on all the events and local tournaments aren't enough, there was one in Rockford one time but combine all that with unreliable parents and I simply can't go to them.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Several minor accidents? How can you be that bad? I've been in one VERY minor accident and I've been driving legally for two years. I've driven plenty before that, too.

Loooool!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Driving overrated imo. The only reason I got a license was because my parents made me.
I agree. Driving is just 'get from point A to point B' to me. My mother always wondered why I was never 'aspiring' to drive. It's a chore to me.

Although, I'm currently studying for my permit test. ... lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Several minor accidents? How can you be that bad? I've been in one VERY minor accident and I've been driving legally for two years. I've driven plenty before that, too.

Loooool!
I'm as confused as you are. I've been in one accident in my life, and that was me hitting a curb because I had the audacity to try to make a left turn during a Michigan winter going faster than 15 miles an hour (it was also my first winter after receiving my license).

The friend I'm specifically referring to has a habit of...really not being very observant. I was lucky enough (I say lucky because no one was hurt and I didn't get in trouble, so from my point of view, this was just funny) to be in the passenger's seat when he was driving me and a couple of other people home after school one day, when we were stopped at a light, with a few cars ahead of us. The light turned green, and he just put his foot on the gas—didn't wait for cars to start trickling through the intersection or anything, just started going. That, of course, resulted in him rear-ending what was essentially a parked car. That was obviously really embarrassing for him, and normally I like to think I'm pretty sympathetic to other people's plights, but it was such a WTF moment for me and everyone else in the car that we could barely keep ourselves from shouting "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU."

That's just one example. The most vivid one for me, mostly because it was the first one that I was present for. Many things like that have happened to him over the course of his driving career, and that career really isn't very long. In all honesty, he probably shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Moral of the story: Soup, it's pretty easy to get a driver's license. They apparently give those things away like cheese samples in this state. This is both a good and bad thing. Mostly bad. Actually, entirely bad. Don't learn to drive; the road is full of idiots.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've seen my friend get in several major accidents. Totaled 3 cars. :/

Another friend almost got me killed, I mean, we spun out of control on the free way. Was a miracle that we weren't hit.

Grandpa is one of the worst drivers in history, and has almost got me and others killed multiple times.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm just realizing that, given my new avatar, "(Taken with Instagram)" could be a pretty appropriate new user title for me.

Consider this an open observation to any mods, premies or Powers That Be who may be reading. I'm not saying I would trade sexual favors for such a gesture, but I'm also not not saying that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i got my license at 18. it was epic. hugo of melee samus fame decided to be a ***** and gave away my spot in his car to mango (or lucky or DC, i can't remember who it was exactly) a couple days before a tournament and i was like "aw hells naw." luckily i had an appointment with the dmv the friday before the tournament and i got my license that same day. next day, i drove myself to the tournament, then knocked hugo out of bracket in brawl. or pools, can't remember. twas a good time. revenge is sweet.

i have never been pulled over or gotten in a single accident or gotten a ticket, 4 years strong. *flex*

i'm mostly lucky though. CIRCUS *fixed* is right that there are tons of idiots on the road, and i've had a couple close calls. however, driving is becoming a very important skill since job opportunities often require at least 30 minutes of driving daily (my mother drives about an hours worth daily just for her job), so i'd really recommend learning how to drive as soon as possible. automatics are the easiest things on the planet too, manuals are annoying as **** even though they're 10 times cooler. nothing sucks more than stalling out on a green light at an intersection and causing people to get buttsalty at you.

as for accidents, only been in one while i was the passenger. some dude made an illegal turn and crashed into my dad like a derp.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Bardull, did you just call me J?

I am somehow flattered and offended at the same time.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm as confused as you are. I've been in one accident in my life, and that was me hitting a curb because I had the audacity to try to make a left turn during a Michigan winter going faster than 15 miles an hour (it was also my first winter after receiving my license).
Nearly ended up in a ditch like this. Ice ain't nice.

The friend I'm specifically referring to has a habit of...really not being very observant. I was lucky enough (I say lucky because no one was hurt and I didn't get in trouble, so from my point of view, this was just funny) to be in the passenger's seat when he was driving me and a couple of other people home after school one day, when we were stopped at a light, with a few cars ahead of us. The light turned green, and he just put his foot on the gas—didn't wait for cars to start trickling through the intersection or anything, just started going. That, of course, resulted in him rear-ending what was essentially a parked car. That was obviously really embarrassing for him, and normally I like to think I'm pretty sympathetic to other people's plights, but it was such a WTF moment for me and everyone else in the car that we could barely keep ourselves from shouting "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU."

That's just one example. The most vivid one for me, mostly because it was the first one that I was present for. Many things like that have happened to him over the course of his driving career, and that career really isn't very long. In all honesty, he probably shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Moral of the story: Soup, it's pretty easy to get a driver's license. They apparently give those things away like cheese samples in this state. This is both a good and bad thing. Mostly bad. Actually, entirely bad. Don't learn to drive; the road is full of idiots.

Wow there are..no words

Really, just get it for its necessity (you almost need one once you move out), but then never really rely on it. It's useful in that it's a form of ID that can be used but I'll be damned to say I miss driving when I'm at school with no car.

Top Bottom