• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

tonberry

Smash Rookie
And this is how i introduce myself

Bacon is always the right decision.

In other news, I'm new.
....and yeah.

tonberry

Smash Rookie
Thanks- that's actually where I was directed, and then the intro thread there directed me here!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That was a pretty easy survery, Macman, besides the fact of trying to remember what the site was about haha.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
haha thanks for filling it out,

you don't think the site seems like a good way to reach outside audiences? (or did you get 1 - 5 backwards xD)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ack! I probably did. Apologies for that but yeah I do think it is a good way to reach outside audiences. It was actually a really neat site to navigate around. The FB stuff had me more confused then the actually site which I found funny.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Tried to take it but the website it links to takes me off the internet, so it's kind of not worth the bother. I dunno why some websites do that. Sorry :gova:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seriously guys, why all the pony hate? We're supposed to good naturedly troll them.

I dunno, raging at like every pony pic that comes up seems a bit, childish, there's no reason for this amount of rage.

It's a meh show, with the appeal mainly coming from the fact that it's humor style is directly lifted from the cartoons of the late 90s which a lot of us grew up. It's issue is from what i saw, that it doesn't have a high enough concentration of quality jokes, though it did have some pretty good pay-offs. I can understand the appeal given the fact that it's humor style is all but gone, but I'd prefer to just rewatch dexter's lab or something honestly.

Also: Irony, me and xonar just talked about how terrible japan's legal and political systems are a day or so ago.

Friendship defeated.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Has anyone ever met a brony that had a single defining personality trait other than "lol im a brony deal wit it"

serious question
Yes.

Several.

Like seriously so many lol.

But as a person who doesn't like bronies, I should have every right to hate something; I hate carrots. but does that mean people who like carrots are going to lock me up, throw me in their basement and spoonfeed me carrots?

I would hope not.
You're hating a group of people and you're expecting them not to show their interest when there are literally TONS of ways they can show it on the internet (the **** ton of reaction images they have)

I think you're going to lose here :|.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My biggest (and I guess really only) gripe with bronies is the extent to which they change how they act because of the show. That's kind of vague so I'm gunna ramble on for a bit on what I mean.

I've got no problem with liking a show. I've got no problem with absolutely loving a show. I don't even have a problem with you wanting other people to know you love that show. But it should be a passive thing, something that comes up organically. Take my avatar right now. I love the **** out of digimon tamers. Everything about it. Loved it in 4th grade and I love it now. And given the chance, I'd go on and on and on about how ****in great the show is.

But I don't.

Because other people don't care. Not only do they not care, but my forcing the topic onto it is going to make them actually dislike the show. And that's not cool, since as I've established, its ****in great and there is no reason to dislike it in the world. But with bronies, it takes over EVERYTHING. It changes how you present yourself, how you speak, how you react, how you act in general. Take the phrase 'everypony'. There is literally no reason to use this outside of drawing attention to the fact that you like MLP. And odds are, your avatar is already doing that.

So this bronie finds himself in an environment that is clearly not one that wants to be talking about ponies, but he's so utterly saturated in its culture that he can't not bring it up. Or chooses not to, whatever. It doesn't really matter since it doesn't change the fact that its all over the place and really has no reason to be.

4am is not the ideal time for these kinds of posts.

tl;dr: I have no problem with liking MLP but you should be able to use enough restraint to not force it on other people who are tired of seeing it. Its just gunna make them mad.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Are all bronies really like that, though? Maybe it's just because of the fact that I only really frequently go through Dgames and a few Disco Room threads, but most of the ones I've talked to outside of a MLP thread aren't really like that most of the time. (Saying "everypony", "mane" instead of main, "brohoof", etc.) That is, unless MLP is brought up, in which case, it'd be like me bringing up Digimon Tamers to you.

I need to watch Digimon Tamers through fully. I really really need to lol. I loved the first few episodes I got to watch before marching band last year... ;-;.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That was just my example, but generally if someone has a MLP avatar you can expect to see MLP images or references in next to every post.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Macman now we got beef

And I went to such lengths to be sure you'd know that season 3 was the jam

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i used to like the office, then met this one girl who loved the office and kept quoting it for me and shoving it down my throat

i dont like the office anymore

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also: Irony, me and xonar just talked about how terrible japan's legal and political systems are a day or so ago.
Dammit a-dome, that's not even close to irony!

ATTENTION DGAMES STOP USING THE WORD IRONY SO MUCH AND/OR ITS DERIVATIONS INCORRECTLY OR D***S WILL BE PUNCHED INTO ORBIT

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I see what you did there

God but I remember when 99% of DGames misused WIFOM though. I think of it as the Dark Ages.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Be warned, the glory hole in the end stall leads to Rockin's bedroom/feeding chamber

Also in all seriousness I want to congratulate tonberry on the best first post I have ever seen

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Do we have to get into this one again

sigh

"joey u so not a maughn y"

"never trust a long haired austrian"

MY WORK HERE IS DONE

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Red wine and Pâté :3.
My goddamn breakfast every day.
I eat pink stuff for breakfast. **** yeah.

sup dgames

i'm in the process of finishing up the final project of my college career, and I need to collect data from people.

Can you guys fill out this short survey? itd be much appreciated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF84WDcwajVackFYdUZsM1o4cXBiZlE6MQ

thanks
Done.

On the topic, I know this guy who likes MLP but he's like the coolest guy ever. Still gets all the girls. A really likable guy. *shrug8

and ye, bacon da bes. Bacon on pancakes with cheese even btr.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So I misse this

Thanks Gova :).

In other news: Godfather PM now created for my set up

*that hype*
Am I the only person who just knocks out role PMs in a day? The only time I haven't was the role PMs for my FF4 setup (Strarted them in march, finished yesterday. Designed, balanced, and ironed out 6 games along the way)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
So I misse this

Am I the only person who just knocks out role PMs in a day? The only time I haven't was the role PMs for my FF4 setup (Strarted them in march, finished yesterday. Designed, balanced, and ironed out 6 games along the way)
It's mainly because mine has a decent bit of flavour to it.
I don't imagine the rest will take very long and that one only took like 20 minutes, so depending on time I'll probably have them done sunday.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No you're not. I usually have fairly flavorful PMs and spend a lot of time to make them pretty, but I usually have all of them done soon enough.

People just lack diligence.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Joey, the ones that aren't obsessively bad posters don't want to be identified with Bad Wolf and his ilk. As such, they don't let you know. Every one I've ever seen that has used the word "bronie" has been annoying as ****.

:phone:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
every season of digimon after the first 2 are automatically terrible
Mac, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so wrong about anything before in my life.

Alternate post: Mac, I like you, and Imma let you finish, but the third season was the greatest Digimon season of ALL TIME.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I remember being refreshed by Digimon's darkness of tone/events and ambitious storytelling but that was when I was a stupid kid that didn't know better and I also lost interest around season three. Won't bother tarnishing those memories.

Top Bottom