• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Orboknown

Smash Hero
last I remember was the digimon evolving with those stones. the awesome one had a fire and a lightning transformation. season three I think?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I feel like some newer shows and cartoons do too much to try and get audience appeal, whereas the older ones were just fun to watch. You could get behind it , I guess would be the best way to put it.

Like pokemon or yu-gi-oh, I remember in elementary school, every kid and his brother had yu-gi-oh cards , talked about the show, duelled at lunch. But then the show kinda just fell off the face of the earth.

I also think shows like the Big Bang theory are terribly over-played and get boring and repetitive with their humour. Not saying I didn't laugh the first time , but after countless wasted half-hours of my families obsession with the show, I pretty much ignore it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
was reading throught the original escape thread when I saw tom has posted this. laughed my *** off.
Tom said:
<JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
<JonJonB> Let's see the results...

<JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
<JonJonB> "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything

<JonJonB> A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

<JonJonB> "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."
<JonJonB> "Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "

<JonJonB> Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

<JonJonB> "Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

<JonJonB> The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

<JonJonB> He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

<JonJonB> He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

<JonJonB> Ok
<JonJonB> I have found, definitive proof
<JonJonB> that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all
<JonJonB> "Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?
<melusine > O_______O
<JonJonB> Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang

<JonJonJonB> Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

<JonJonJonB> 'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
t0rbad> so there i was in this hallway right
BlackAdder> i believe i speak for all of us when i say...
BlackAdder> WRONG BTICH
BlackAdder> IM SICK OF YOU
BlackAdder> AND YOUR LAME STORIES
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE THINKS YOURE FUNNY
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR STORIES
BlackAdder> IN FACT
BlackAdder> IF YOU DIED RIGHT NOW
BlackAdder> I DON"T THINK NOBODY WOULD CARE
BlackAdder> SO WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT ***
*** t0rbad sets mode: +b BlackAdder*!*@*.*
*** BlackAdder has been kicked my t0rbad ( )
t0rbad> so there i was in this hallway right
CRCError> right
heartless> Right.
r3v> right

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wasn't digimon tamers the one with those handheld card reader things. wtf was that.

but nah, it was decent, i just mostly hate cuz it can't compare at all to the first season. Especially the digimon movie. Kids in America was MY **** back in the day

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
wasn't digimon tamers the one with those handheld card reader things. wtf was that.

but nah, it was decent, i just mostly hate cuz it can't compare at all to the first season. Especially the digimon movie. Kids in America was MY **** back in the day
Season 3 was the **** though. It's simply not the same thing you're used to, so a lot of people didn't give it the time of day.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Stopped watching after Season 3 (which was great) and from all outside sources the indications were that that had been the right thing to do.

- Nabe

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Mac, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so wrong about anything before in my life.

Alternate post: Mac, I like you, and Imma let you finish, but the third season was the greatest Digimon season of ALL TIME.
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

I do love me some first season as well. But it's mostly nostaliga at this point. I haven't watched Tamers in a long while, but I feel like it holds up better as it's own thing than any other season. I need to watch it again.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Season 3 is the one with Agumon and whatnot right? Like how, suddenly, digimons were no longer their own entities and that you could combine with them and stuff? Yeah, that **** is lame.

imo

1 > 2 > 3

I remember 2 being slightly entertaining but not as good as 1, Tai is obviously the best and so is metalgreymon

haha, 90's.

Oh, there is also a fourth season, but it's piss terrible and I don't want to talk about it because it's just really bad and I'd hate myself if anyone even heard about it.

Someone should make a Dgames digimon mafia or AGame imo

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

The cards literally stop getting used around halfway though. Like entirely. And I think this is the only card based show I've ever seen where I didn't feel like they were trying to get me to actually buy their cards, rather it was just set in a world where digimon was hella popular and that was how they enjoyed it.

And late first season/the movie are the ****ing greatest too. Just not like quite as good imo (and the start of season one is one of the more painful things I've seen recently).

Also everyone knows One Week was the best song in the Digimon movie.

Season 3 is the one with Agumon and whatnot right? Like how, suddenly, digimons were no longer their own entities and that you could combine with them and stuff? Yeah, that **** is lame.

imo

1 > 2 > 3

I remember 2 being slightly entertaining but not as good as 1, Tai is obviously the best and so is metalgreymon

haha, 90's.

Oh, there is also a fourth season, but it's piss terrible and I don't want to talk about it because it's just really bad and I'd hate myself if anyone even heard about it.

Someone should make a Dgames digimon mafia or AGame imo
Season three is Guilmon, Agumon never even shows up. I think you're thinking of something later on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think I watched every digimon season except part of the fourth.

I regret watching that last part. The rest of it was brilliant.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Old topics ftw
sup dgames

i'm in the process of finishing up the final project of my college career, and I need to collect data from people.

Can you guys fill out this short survey? itd be much appreciated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF84WDcwajVackFYdUZsM1o4cXBiZlE6MQ

thanks
Tried... It crashed my comp. Sorry.

Seriously guys, why all the pony hate? We're supposed to good naturedly troll them.

I dunno, raging at like every pony pic that comes up seems a bit, childish, there's no reason for this amount of rage.

It's a meh show, with the appeal mainly coming from the fact that it's humor style is directly lifted from the cartoons of the late 90s which a lot of us grew up. It's issue is from what i saw, that it doesn't have a high enough concentration of quality jokes, though it did have some pretty good pay-offs. I can understand the appeal given the fact that it's humor style is all but gone, but I'd prefer to just rewatch dexter's lab or something honestly.
Agreed. I don't push MLP on you... I do have other interests it's just easiest to find reaction pics related to MLP than the other shows that I watch. I mean seriously, a guy has a tublr page dedicated to making them.

Plus I don't think I can get the variety of Dr. Who ones.

But as a person who doesn't like bronies, I should have every right to hate something; I hate carrots. but does that mean people who like carrots are going to lock me up, throw me in their basement and spoonfeed me carrots?

I would hope not.
Yes, you have the right not to like them. But you also don't go around hating on the people who like them do you? I'm just defending something that I like. I was hoping that you could take it as good-natured ribbing.

My biggest (and I guess really only) gripe with bronies is the extent to which they change how they act because of the show. That's kind of vague so I'm gunna ramble on for a bit on what I mean.

I've got no problem with liking a show. I've got no problem with absolutely loving a show. I don't even have a problem with you wanting other people to know you love that show. But it should be a passive thing, something that comes up organically. Take my avatar right now. I love the **** out of digimon tamers. Everything about it. Loved it in 4th grade and I love it now. And given the chance, I'd go on and on and on about how ****in great the show is.

But I don't.

Because other people don't care. Not only do they not care, but my forcing the topic onto it is going to make them actually dislike the show. And that's not cool, since as I've established, its ****in great and there is no reason to dislike it in the world. But with bronies, it takes over EVERYTHING. It changes how you present yourself, how you speak, how you react, how you act in general. Take the phrase 'everypony'. There is literally no reason to use this outside of drawing attention to the fact that you like MLP. And odds are, your avatar is already doing that.

So this bronie finds himself in an environment that is clearly not one that wants to be talking about ponies, but he's so utterly saturated in its culture that he can't not bring it up. Or chooses not to, whatever. It doesn't really matter since it doesn't change the fact that its all over the place and really has no reason to be.
Ok yeah this isn't happening. Being a brony has not changed who I am. Just as watching Digimon hasn't changed you. If you do allow things to change you in such a matter that people can notice, you have no self-control.

Granted I enjoy ponies. Granted I have some articles of clothing expressing my like of them, but I don't like them to a point that changes how I act.

Are all bronies really like that, though? Maybe it's just because of the fact that I only really frequently go through Dgames and a few Disco Room threads, but most of the ones I've talked to outside of a MLP thread aren't really like that most of the time. (Saying "everypony", "mane" instead of main, "brohoof", etc.) That is, unless MLP is brought up, in which case, it'd be like me bringing up Digimon Tamers to you.
I agree with this. Every culture has it's own vocabulary. The fact that someone brought up ponies before me allowed me to dip into it somewhat. However, you won't see me going around "brohoofing" random *** people. That's where self-control comes in.

That was just my example, but generally if someone has a MLP avatar you can expect to see MLP images or references in next to every post.
Ok, no. This is only the second thread that I've ever linked a pony pic. Don't be categorizing people into the same group based on what they like. It's like saying all Republicans are gun-toting rednecks or that all Democrats are baby-killing stoners. (This is why I'm independent btw.)

Nope.

Bacon is gross :|.
Agreed. Pork in general is nasty.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Badwolf said:
Yes, you have the right not to like them. But you also don't go around hating on the people who like them do you? I'm just defending something that I like. I was hoping that you could take it as good-natured ribbing.
There's a difference here, I dislike the show, but I don't dislike the person for liking the show. I don't have a problem with you, I just have a problem of obnoxiously posting ponies everywhere when they're not wanted, people harped on you because of that.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I remember being refreshed by Digimon's darkness of tone/events and ambitious storytelling but that was when I was a stupid kid that didn't know better and I also lost interest around season three. Won't bother tarnishing those memories.
They are still pretty good in that regard, they have a kid's paintjob but then what do you expect? One good thing about Japanese children's media though is that it has fewer restraining conventions than the west, and it does show.

But yeah after S3 it's kinda garbage never bothered with S4 and 5.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I sincerely doubt it was intended as good-natured ribbing considering the immediate reaction and extended being obnoxious.

Sorry, try again.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Why the hell are we still talking about MPL? Talk about how awesome the Yankees are.

Best winning percentage in the MLB currently? Hell yes.

Top Bottom