• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
every time I look at Ryker's avatar I have to battle the urge to change his account name to Gay Barbarian Tom Selleck
Why do you fight this urge? Power exists to be abused. Like Ryker's pretty, mustachioed face.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
competitive catherine is sooooooooooooo entertaining to watch

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh that reminds me, I was in Game stop and I was contemplating buying Batman Arkham Asylum since they had a cheap copy there but my bro told me that I should get Arkham City instead which is better. (He said they were both great games but Akrham City>Arkham Asylum) It was like $20 more though so I decided to just not get either for now.
Arkham City is a better game but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy Asylum. Honestly I never understood this mentality where a sequel comes out and because it makes some improvements the prior game (despite being on the same console) might as well not exist or is considered not worthy of purchase 'n' ****. Just doesn't make any sense. AC is a sequel, not an Extended Cut. And there are actually a few things I thought Asylum did better.

So yeah, City is a better game, but your friend is dumb buy Asylum first. The only thing that will happen is City goes down in price, so hey.

I mean, seriously, the story even continues directly from the **** that went down in the first game, it's not like it was some kinda reboot ****.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
IMO
Arkham Asylum gets originality points over City.

And Asylum actually did a whole lot of stuff right.

But beyond that I found City to have a much more engaging storyline, and a higher re playability factor.

That being said I wouldn't buy the second game before the first one.

Because :

1) Asylum is cheap now.
2) Asylum is the first game , so without playing it or knowing what happened in it, you might be totally lost.
3) Both games did a plethora of things right.

And if you did end up buying one I would go Asylum > City every single day of the week.

Plus like EE said, City is going to drop in price eventually, and with Catherine to play through...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I actually found Asylum to have a slightly better storyline (not as grand or epic but still) simply by being simpler. It felt less like a mishmash of as many villains as possible, as much as I batdorked out for that, and more like they just wanted to tell a good story set in the Batman universe. A big part of that is the mild plausibility of it. It takes a lot of planning for villains to accomplish grand schemes and such, with a lot of secrets and all that. It felt like something that could happen in a world with these zany people in it.

Arkham City basically took a **** on common sense and how the world works from start to finish storywise. I love the story and found it engrossing and all, but everything about Dr. Strange's plan, from Arkham City to Protocol 10 to TYGER and all the **** they can do, is totally ludicrous. The President can't even throw out due process, but apparently the mayor, a psychologist and a PMC have the power to do that and nobody gives a ****? lol come on

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Doesn't seem that implausible. I recently learned that mayors have more power than the governor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was planning on getting the first one but opted for a multiplayer game first. hahaha ;o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wish there could have been some co-op on this.

would be golden

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EE talk to me about how awesome Co-op might be in batman.

You know, like have Robin as a side-kick or something. : D

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That would be cool but ungainly as **** and it'd be literally impossible to design stealth sections that aren't bull**** hard or piss easy

but it would be damn cool. I'd be down with coop challenge maps maybe

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
There's something fundamentally wrong with you having an avatar that's a guy whose face is hidden

EDIT: ninja'd. Raz can definitely hide his face forever. Goddamn maritimers.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I want a GTA game where you're a dirty cop. So some missions would be doing cop stuff and some would be doing criminal stuff

it would be awesome god damn it

also set it in Vice City

Top Bottom