• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sorry, but I don't see your point. Help me out here?
People are complaining that private games are to blame for a stalled queue when it's that the small game has a terrible player list and that large games attract only a small subset of DGames players, meaning that they almost never fill.

Starting a private game queue means that it will continue forward until someone reaches a ****tarded premise for a game that no one wants to play in, then it will still probably fill before ERB.

I've said multiple times that the trick to getting the queue to fill again is to restart sign-ups for ERB and things will move just fine.

As for a queue for privates? It's pretty laughable because I know how salty people are going to get when I deny them access to an "Open to the Public" game because I don't want to end up with a ******** player list because they're who happened to be on at the time.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Or you could just play with the players that you consider "bad" so they can get better at the game.

:v.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cry me a river
DH, did you know that I have very little respect for your IQ on this board? You continually show up and prove to me that you can do less and less. You don't even try and show why your idea should be supported, you just throw it out there and ignore anyone who disagrees.

So yes, you're ********, you're lazy, and you just want someone to follow.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Or you could just play with the players that you consider "bad" so they can get better at the game.

Do you do things for recreation that you don't consider fun? No one learns from staying in newbie games. I never said I don't play with bad players. I don't play with eight of them at once.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I <3 you.

DH, did you know that I have very little respect for your IQ on this board? You continually show up and prove to me that you can do less and less. You don't even try and show why your idea should be supported, you just throw it out there and ignore anyone who disagrees.

So yes, you're ********, you're lazy, and you just want someone to follow.
Dude, quit with stuff like this because what in the world do you gain from it besides just being an ***?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

I'm not suggesting that private games have to be open to everyone- just that we don't run more than one at a time, or say, one a month. That might mean there'd be fewer players skipping past the open sign up games, so hopefully that queue would run quicker. Thoughts?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I <3 you.

Dude, quit with stuff like this because what in the world do you gain from it besides just being an ***?
J <3.

Ryker you're disappointing sometimes :v.

Just sometimes though!

(It's usually when you're being a ****.)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The whole point of the queue is to ensure a specific quality of games where a person can join and KNOW they're not going to get buttmad at random jesters and stuff and also to provide an organization so there aren't 100 people trying to host games at one time and everybody's just going to join the Tom games or whatever and nobody else is going to be able to host.

That being said Private games currently exist based on my thought that if you have a specific group of players you want to host a game with, you can make that game and play it out without having to wait. Because there's no reason to wait in the queue. Even if private games didn't exist, the game could be run in a social group, a different site, practically anything. But at this point people are abusing the system, the invitations have become more vague and open to damn near everybody, etc. The "experimental" part of private games is really a secondary thing that was brought to the forefront to discourage abuse of private games. Games that are not queue worthy should still be able to be ran in some way though. Because maybe some people enjoy playing with jesters. I dunno.

In the end, having a "Private" queue defeats the point of privates. There could be an "Experimental" queue, but let's be real not enough people want to play experimental games to warrant a queue. The "1 private per month" falls in the same category as having a queue, it's really unnecessary.

Let me use an example to clarify why I want privates to exist and for them to bypass the queue. Say for a moment that I was a part of the people in SWF that plays League of Legends and I had a group of 15 or so people that played together a lot and we had a ton of fun inside jokes and w/e all around League of Legends. Then I get the bright idea to host a mafia game for this specific group. I don't want random people who don't even play the game or aren't part of this "in-group" joining. And I already have the players, ready to play the game. It wouldn't make sense to wait in a queue to host a game that's not even going to have sign-ups. If I was denied private, I would just take all the players and play the game in a social group or play it on quicktopic or some junk.

Another good example would be when I first joined this site with a bunch of IRL friends (Mayling, Delvro, Cello_Marl, etc.), XV hosted a private for us and some of the bigger name DGames players back then so we would be comfortable playing with some people we know and still get acquainted with DGames.

So what I'm thinking about doing with Privates is simply making the Queue LESS strict on the qualifications to get in it (opening slightly more experimental games to getting in it) and making Private games MORE strict for hosting. As in if people want to host private their game is either going to have to change a fundamental aspect of mafia or they're going to have to have a fairly specific player list they want to play with.

So yeah that's my thoughts and solution on this whole mess.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cheers, Sold.

I think basically I'd just like to see less players skipping past the open sign-ups, so having tighter restrictions on private games would help to do that- private games being open to fewer people (i.e. being more private) would hopefully mean more players to fill games in the queue.

So, sounds good to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I would say just as selfish as making people you don't want to play with not be able to play at all?

/e: swings and roundabouts I guess

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why would you want to make them play games that they would prefer not to? That's rather selfish.
If this is directed at me-
I'm not suggesting that we make people play games that they'd rather not play.
And, nor do I see why that would be selfish.

If I am suggesting anything, it may be this:

You play in a private game, with the people you'd most like to play with.
Or, you play in an open game, and try to get along with everyone.
And there is no middle ground, so if you don't like either of those- you don't play.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Joey, that is dumb. Why should a player have to play with a playerlist he doesn't want to because he wasn't online at the right time?

They should have to wait because this forces them to wait longer.

It's not going to be a perfect system. I'm just pointing out the flaw and the solution.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Woke up super tired today...gargagagrhar.

Also, I got jury duty, so now I have to fill out the form and send it in. I'm kind of excited for jury duty, but I always hear bad things about it. :/. Anyone here have any opinions on it?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Joey, that is dumb. Why should a player have to play with a playerlist he doesn't want to because he wasn't online at the right time?

They should have to wait because this forces them to wait longer.

It's not going to be a perfect system. I'm just pointing out the flaw and the solution.
If you (and a few others) weren't so unwilling to play with a bigger group of people that have a lower skill level than average, then this wouldn't be a problem in the first place, now would it?

The fact of the matter is that they got there first. Are you saying it's right to kick the people that got to it first for the people that were too slow just because they don't meet your requirements?

Yeeah...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Being as blunt as i can be with how i feel.

I don't like it when my games i waited patiently in line are held up over privates when people fully knew their were other players and one is hosting 1 game with another in the quere. Then others let personal petty over other players get in the way of a forum game.

I don't like games i waited in line to give others a chance to host get cheated out on over and over when i gave others the same respect to wait. That is what i saw the line to be for.

I understand Sold's point, but i still feel cheated when I was giving others chances to host without rep and such getting in the way.

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
why can't experimental games run through the queue? i mean, if it turns out to be super broken, then it'll be over fast and then you can get into a new game. or everyone can just agree to end the game and then go join a new one.

Axel

J|Zεη
Woke up super tired today...gargagagrhar.

Also, I got jury duty, so now I have to fill out the form and send it in. I'm kind of excited for jury duty, but I always hear bad things about it. :/. Anyone here have any opinions on it?
Nice. I've always wanted to do jury duty too. Though I suppose I'd need to be a contributor to society for that one. You are now a warrior for Justice. Use this honor well.

X1-12

Smash Champion
why can't experimental games run through the queue? i mean, if it turns out to be super broken, then it'll be over fast and then you can get into a new game. or everyone can just agree to end the game and then go join a new one.
Maybe mention when sign-ups start if its an experimental game

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you (and a few others) weren't so unwilling to play with a bigger group of people that have a lower skill level than average, then this wouldn't be a problem in the first place, now would it?

The fact of the matter is that they got there first. Are you saying it's right to kick the people that got to it first for the people that were too slow just because they don't meet your requirements?

Yeeah...
Yes, I am.

It makes things run much smoother and grants more room for improvement that you are so desperately championing. My requirements aren't strict, but that:

(Small) Gorf's Epic Rap Battles of History Mafia:

1. Dark Horse
2. Gargalione
3. Ranmaru
4. JTB
5. Kantrip/Sokr
6. Inferno
7. Red Ruy
8. Kary
Is ridiculous.

Man, it's like I should feel bad because I'm not willing to seriously play basketball with my friend in a wheelchair.

Jury duty is EXTREMELY dull.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The same issue crops up with games presenting unbroken, but unappealing mechanics. Or the game lacks enough information for players to be able to choose in good conscience.

Again, quality assurance.

Man, how much butthurt will there be when my next queue game shows up. :B

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nice. I've always wanted to do jury duty too. Though I suppose I'd need to be a contributor to society for that one. You are now a warrior for Justice. Use this honor well.
JUSTICE! ;D

I'm not necessarily a contributor to society either, but I think it would be interesting to do it just once.

I'll bring my DS + phoenix wright so that I can be well prepared for the trial. :cool:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Let's look at a game that did deserve to be private:
Liar Game.

This mechanic had to be tested in a high performance environment to make sure that it could be used more.
etc etc

Privates have a place, but not the ******** stuff that's going on at the moment. A ******* mechanic =/= private.

Top Bottom