• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yes, I am.

It makes things run much smoother and grants more room for improvement that you are so desperately championing. My requirements aren't strict, but that:

Is ridiculous.

Man, it's like I should feel bad because I'm not willing to seriously play basketball with my friend in a wheelchair.
You're not a top priority, Ryker, nor is anyone else stalling the queue just because they don't want to play with a specific player list.

The top priority for any game is the player(s) in the game.

You're right. I've realized that this isn't about improvement. It's about them having a right to stay in the game. Unless they did something blacklist worthy or they haven't played in a newbie game, there is no reason that they should be removed from any game without them having a say in it at all. Don't want to join a game? Wait until it's out of the queue. It's your choice to wait. However, saying it's the player list that is at fault for stalling the queue is 100% wrong and it just shows how disrespectful and elitist you are. People being a part of a game that they signed up for isn't stalling a queue. It's people like you that are stalling the queue.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Let's look at a game that did deserve to be private:
Liar Game.

This mechanic had to be tested in a high performance environment to make sure that it could be used more.
etc etc

Privates have a place, but not the ******** stuff that's going on at the moment. A ******* mechanic =/= private.
But again, it's not a matter of experimentation at all. Privates exist first and foremost to ensure that games which already have full player slots don't have to sit and muck around.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
But again, it's not a matter of experimentation at all. Privates exist first and foremost to ensure that games which already have full player slots don't have to sit and muck around.

[glow]what does that even mean?[/glow]

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Games that are filled before entering the queue shouldn't have to wait in the queue.

That's what it's saying(I think).

Axel

J|Zεη
You guys are making too big of a deal from one game in the queue becoming private. It's not that major of a problem. It's not preventing any of the players in the game from signing up in the queue games which seems to be a main concern.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You guys are making too big of a deal from one game in the queue becoming private. It's not that major of a problem. It's not preventing any of the players in the game from signing up in the queue games which seems to be a main concern.
What game in the queue became a private?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're not a top priority, Ryker, nor is anyone else stalling the queue just because they don't want to play with a specific player list.

The top priority for any game is the player(s) in the game.

You're right. I've realized that this isn't about improvement. It's about them having a right to stay in the game. Unless they did something blacklist worthy or they haven't played in a newbie game, there is no reason that they should be removed from any game without them having a say in it at all. Don't want to join a game? Wait until it's out of the queue. It's your choice to wait. However, saying it's the player list that is at fault for stalling the queue is 100% wrong and it just shows how disrespectful and elitist you are. People being a part of a game that they signed up for isn't stalling a queue. It's people like you that are stalling the queue.
I'm sorry, but a right? You're getting delirious. I've actually been declined sign-ups for a game because the KENTUCKY CREW didn't want to play with me and held a lot of slots and they were still mad about Captain Planet mafia. The mod didn't want to wait for his game to fill, so he told me I couldn't play.

No one has a right to play on this board. It's a privilege which is evident in that even you mention blacklists.

In either case, it doesn't matter at all. I'm putting forward a way to move the queue around faster than any other change will. This will allow MORE games to hit the queue so that MORE of the people you're worried about get to play.

I'm sorry that you don't seem to get that, one way or another, someone is getting inconvenienced. My way, however, results in not having someone playing a half-***** game because they aren't interested in and still moves the queue forward.

Axel

J|Zεη
What game in the queue became a private?
Mario Party. Gord decided to use the ERB setup for that instead because it's an amazing setup that will be put to use better by more experienced players.

As for Hearts mafia, I had been garnishing up a private for a while (all stars), but decided to wait since other privates were running at the time that I made it. When dietz explained his set up to me, I decided to let him go ahead. He wanted to run it through the queue but I urged him to private it out my sheer curiosity for mechanics he put in. It's not as if he just came in and decided to bypass the queue.

Both of these games are justified to be run as private and neither of them are preventing sign-ups in the queue.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm sorry, but a right? You're getting delirious. I've actually been declined sign-ups for a game because the KENTUCKY CREW didn't want to play with me and held a lot of slots and they were still mad about Captain Planet mafia. The mod didn't want to wait for his game to fill, so he told me I couldn't play.

No one has a right to play on this board. It's a privilege which is evident in that even you mention blacklists.

In either case, it doesn't matter at all. I'm putting forward a way to move the queue around faster than any other change will. This will allow MORE games to hit the queue so that MORE of the people you're worried about get to play.

I'm sorry that you don't seem to get that, one way or another, someone is getting inconvenienced. My way, however, results in not having someone playing a half-***** game because they aren't interested in and still moves the queue forward.
This is why I said it's a priority for the people in the game.

You're right. The mod does have a right to deny certain people entry into their game if those people make the majority of players in the game not want to play. It's stupid, but whatever.

However, removing the majority from the game because of their skill (when combined) is something completely different. Would removing 8 players because of their skill when combined change anything in the progression of the queue? Unless you have 8 players lined up or unless half or more of the players that were kicked out rejoin (which they probably wouldn't, because they were removed in the first place), then I don't see how the queue would all of a sudden spark in activity. If you do have 8 players lined up, though, then of course you could just wait for the next game like a decent person.

Also, what happens after you remove those people? They either (best case scenario) join in on the next few games, spacing themselves out so that they're not clogging the queue with their bad skill level, or worst case scenario, they start to think you're a douche bag, connect you to the rest of the d-games community, and leave. There are things in between those two of course, but those are the best and worst possibilities imo.

It's not about moving the queue. It's about people having the right or "privilege" to play in a game that they signed up for and (since you wanted to be specific about it) were allowed into.

Progressing the queue shouldn't get in the way of the players. It's still not their fault, either. Just because people like you don't want to join a game doesn't mean they should get punished for it.

Also, if you're just going to half-*** it, then don't join. Other people will join that will either not care about the player list (because they'll have fun regardless) or they just want to play in general. You're acting like everyone that isn't in the game right now doesn't want to join because of the player list.

In the end, this is what can happen. Ruin the fun for 1-3 people if any at all, or ruin it for 8. Which is more important, Ryker?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am waiting for the next game. If you'll recall, I'm not the one who started this conversation. I had a private sprung on me that I didn't even know I was in and have been mafia free for a month. So, no, don't play that card.

You're saying that, with that player list, there's a risk of alienating players from anyone aside from Kary, who has been looking at this thread and seen everything posted. Not a chance. The only other one you can make a case for is Gorf's friend who is playing because it's Gorf's game.

Again, to the previous example, I was removed after being "allowed" to join.

I don't care that it's not their fault. Is it their fault that a university has slowly gone to **** due to who they admit? No. Am I still going to go to it despite that? No. I'm going to go to a different one.

I'm not saying what should or should not happen. I am proposing a solution to the stalling queue that multiple people have *****ed about and said that it isn't a bad thing. I actually have a mafia game now and am content to wait for Raz's game regardless, even if I do like the ERB flavor.

I'm saying that enough of the people who aren't playing are playing due to playerlist that if it were to reset, it would make a difference. I'm not saying that it will never start. I said there's no way it's starting in a timely manner.

You're armageddon stories don't scare me, Joey. 4-5 of those eight are going to rejoin it and the next game will fill faster than this anyway. So nope, not gonna work.

I would appreciate it if you would also stop telling me that I'm saying anything at all has to happen. I would do this if I did anything. I'm perfectly fine with the status quo.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Well I'm sorry ai'm a **** player qnd decided to in a game, I'll remind myself to out when better players want in.

:phone:
Ryu is actually good and he's saying this.

WTG Ryker </3.

I am waiting for the next game. If you'll recall, I'm not the one who started this conversation. I had a private sprung on me that I didn't even know I was in and have been mafia free for a month. So, no, don't play that card.

You're saying that, with that player list, there's a risk of alienating players from anyone aside from Kary, who has been looking at this thread and seen everything posted. Not a chance. The only other one you can make a case for is Gorf's friend who is playing because it's Gorf's game.

Again, to the previous example, I was removed after being "allowed" to join.

I don't care that it's not their fault. Is it their fault that a university has slowly gone to **** due to who they admit? No. Am I still going to go to it despite that? No. I'm going to go to a different one.

I'm not saying what should or should not happen. I am proposing a solution to the stalling queue that multiple people have *****ed about and said that it isn't a bad thing. I actually have a mafia game now and am content to wait for Raz's game regardless, even if I do like the ERB flavor.

I'm saying that enough of the people who aren't playing are playing due to playerlist that if it were to reset, it would make a difference. I'm not saying that it will never start. I said there's no way it's starting in a timely manner.

You're armageddon stories don't scare me, Joey. 4-5 of those eight are going to rejoin it and the next game will fill faster than this anyway. So nope, not gonna work.

I would appreciate it if you would also stop telling me that I'm saying anything at all has to happen. I would do this if I did anything. I'm perfectly fine with the status quo.
I'm pretty sure you were the one that brought up "terribad" player lists being the reason for stalling the queue, and I'm even more sure that you're the one that suggested restarting the queue in order to make it progress faster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll go yell at them for being rude and a total **** instead.

If it's not for you, then why in the hell are you arguing it out in the first place? Do you know everyone's reason for not joining in that game? If not, then please shut the **** up. It'd be wonderful if you did. Even if it's not for you, you were the one to suggest something so stupid, so regardless of who it's for, it's still a stupid, bad, and disrespectful idea.

Once again, this is a completely different situation from KY crew vs you. That was because a lot of the people in the game hated you at the time, making it unpleasent for a majority of the players in the game. This is because they're considered bad to you, and people can still join the game without it being inconvenient for anyone.

Comparing a University to a mafia game. This should be fun.

University. It isn't something you go to for fun. It's not something you just sign up for in a forum. It's not something that you can drop out of without any consequences. Are you really going to compare something you pay thousands of dollars for (in the US), something that gives you the option to go after what job you want, something that determines your life afterwards, and something that takes 3-4 years to a game of mafia, something that takes maybe 2 months, is for fun, and doesn't determine anything about your future at all? You're ****ing kidding me, right?

Okay. You're proposing a solution. I'm saying your solution is **** and that bringing it up was completely stupid of you.

Timely manner doesn't matter for **** in this case. Those were the players to sign up for the game first. Therefore, they are the ones that should get to play. It's really that simple.

If they have an option to rejoin the game, then why won't they all rejoin it? Unless you either don't plan on notifying them they were removed or plan on telling everyone that wanted to join at once that it was open (both of which are major **** moves and disrespectful), then they can rejoin just as quickly as they were booted out.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Btw, Ryker you're blacklisted from any game I run in the future. Your level of disrespect to other players both in and out of game isn't something I'm interested in assisting you with. Letting you know in advance that this is going to be the case.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Woah, don't go that far. He's been showing rude behavior in the past posts, but I don't think he hasn't insulted someone badly enough to hurt their feelings.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Woah, don't go that far. He's been showing rude behavior in the past posts., but I don't think he hasn't done enough to insult someone badly enough to hurt their feelings.
He has every right to go that far.

Have you seen his play in-game?

Have you seen his attitude in general towards mafia?

:v

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No no, it's within my right to do so. I've seen how he plays in game, it's not anything worth saving.

If he's not going to give basic human respect to people in or out of game I don't see any reason to subject the other people in my game to him.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm confused. Is this conversation about game queues, Ryker being mean, or Ryker being mean about his argument on handling game queues? :-|

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No no, it's within my right to do so. I've seen how he plays in game, it's not anything worth saving.

If he's not going to give basic human respect to people in or out of game I don't see any reason to subject the other people in my game to him.
Thank God I'm not in a rush to play in a JDitz game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
A lot of people don't realize what a persona is and how important shaping other player's perception of who you are is important. Being rude, brash, or absent-minded is one of the easiest ways to do that.

When you know what other people think, you know exactly what they won't expect you to do.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Btw, Ryker you're blacklisted from any game I run in the future. Your level of disrespect to other players both in and out of game isn't something I'm interested in assisting you with. Letting you know in advance that this is going to be the case.
Add me on Skype.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
A lot of people don't realize what a persona is and how important shaping other player's perception of who you are is important. Being rude, brash, or absent-minded is one of the easiest ways to do that.

When you know what other people think, you know exactly what they won't expect you to do.
I don't understand what you're saying at all lol.

Are you saying that it's a good thing to shape your persona through being rude/brash/absent-minded for the sake of mafia or no?

._.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Someone boil down this argument so I can weigh in on it instead of just assuming Ryker is probably right

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Someone boil down this argument so I can weigh in on it instead of just assuming Ryker is probably right
Joey: Raiker u are being mean!!!! :'(
Jtitz: omg Raiker i ban u from my games cuz i noticed u are mean!!
Vinyl: no raiker is mean but not that mean! dont do it jdietz!
Overswarm: Raiker needs to be mean cuz thats his mafia identity.

X1-12

Smash Champion
v2

people: blah don't do privates

Ryker: but I don't want to play with bad players

Joey: you should just play queue games so it gets moving rather than making the queue stagnate by joining privates

Ryker: I don't wanna join boring games just to make queue move

JDits: yo I'ma blacklist ryker cause he's disrespectful

Xonie: Yo JDitz gemme on skype [so I can explain a few things]

OS: Yo he's a douchebag because how he is perceived helps him play mafia.

people: what iz goin on in dis place?

end

Top Bottom