• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes.

Imagine you are a girl walking down the street, and someone you don't know comes up and says "I find you attractive".

There is a 0% chance that person does not want to have sex with you if given the opportunity.

Imagine you are a girl with a boyfriend and are talking with someone you know. That person decides to confide in you that they find you attractive. You know that hiding this from your boyfriend would infuriate him because he's not an idiot. What do?

It does matter. Anyone who says it doesn't is generally lying to themselves and others.

Guys and girls CAN be friends.... but only after it has been apparent that the idea of a relationship is no longer valid, or if you meet them only through other people.

Examples being friends with a girl at work that you see every day, or being friends with one of your friend's sisters or girlfriend, so on and so forth.

But the connecting factor is that you wouldn't take any one of those people out to dinner and a movie, and if you did you'd not be surprised if they thought it was an attempt at a date.
This is a changing social construction which is changing and varies substantially based on friend groups, area, etc

The social expectation is essentially that guys NEVER friends zone somebody in the sense that women do, in actuality that varies widely based on the individual, which in turn is influenced by the local culture.

I will say that part of this is that men are more accepting of no strings attached sex then women are on average.

Around here though, it's common for men to have totally platonic female friends and consider and say they're pretty. Where you're from, probably less the case. Different local culture.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
There's a difference between thinking of someone as attractive but also having a clear sense that there is no valid possibility of a relationship, and not having that understanding/unspoken certainty/whatever and... still finding them attractive.

Unspoken mutual attraction and allegedly platonic friendship, coupled with spending a lot of time together, spirals into other things very easily. Even if one or both parties are already dating someone. That's simple evolutionary instinct weathering down and finally punching through social constructs of behavior. And because people all know this on a base level, you have boyfriends and girlfriends that seem possessive or irrational about their SO seeing a friend of the opposite gender. As well as said SO's wigging out when said friends admit to attraction as though it is something to confess rather than just an observation.

OS is right imo

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Worth the infraction.
No it isn't the same color mine is slightly bluer duh.
:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
BSL what color are you freaking using. Because it's almost the same as the one I use for editing posts.

I hope you didn't.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I only made this my avatar because it was the thumbnail for YYH episode 1 on youtube and I thought it was hilarious because it was so unexpected

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Just do it and hit preview post instead of posting it. No need to imagine. Your reality is there.

:phone:

Axel

J|Zεη
It's a shame that in most movies with kids that are supposed to be in highschool, 20 year olds + are used instead of kids that would actually be highschool aged. The media portrays highschoolers as these busty sexy *** *****es, no wonder kids these days feel they need to be like that.

Glee
Easy A
Project X
Superbad

Those are just the ones that come off the top of my head. Though I know they can't use kids for movies like project x (dat child phorfrogophy). I'm just saying.

btw that movie was pri good. Not really a movie, more like an "awwww yeaaaah" put into film.

July

Smash Apprentice
Also hai July :3
We should have a long talk sometime again.
Hi, and sure lol :)

notion*

Obtw I'm gonna be V/LA tomorrow and Saturday. Elton John's playing in miami tomorrow and god knows I'll be too tired to get on till, like, mid afternoon Saturday lol.
I hate you more than words could ever describe, I would literally sell a kidney to see Elton John in concert.

Guys guys guys I need your help!

Should I read Slaughterhouse-Five first or Cat's Cradle?
Definitely Slaughterhouse-Five.

And when you finish that, read one of Chuck Palahnuik's books (the guy who wrote Fight Club). They are my new favorite obsession, along with Doctor Who.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It's a shame that in most movies with kids that are supposed to be in highschool, 20 year olds + are used instead of kids that would actually be highschool aged. The media portrays highschoolers as these busty sexy *** *****es, no wonder kids these days feel they need to be like that.

Glee
Easy A
Project X
Superbad

Those are just the ones that come off the top of my head. Though I know they can't use kids for movies like project x (dat child phorfrogophy). I'm just saying.

btw that movie was pri good. Not really a movie, more like an "awwww yeaaaah" put into film.
It's mostly because if you're going to portray older adolescents (15~17), you'll be better off hiring young adult actors to portray em. Child labor laws are SUPER strict, and entertainment = labor. Plus, there are certain things that are socially frowned upon with children (like sex scenes, drug/drinking scenes, the like) and meh'd about with adults. In Hannah Montana, Miley's older brother Jackson was played by Jason Earl, somebody who's growth hormones stopped em from maturing at a decently young age, hence why he looks like a teenager. But he was still, like, 30, which is why they were able to get older actors to play the chicks he'd get with. While Miley was stuck only being able to have boyfriends her age, Jackson had a wide range of girls to choose from which is why he had a notable amount more. And plus, what do you wanna see? Awkward teen years, or ripped abs/boobs and booty?

I hate you more than words could ever describe, I would literally sell a kidney to see Elton John in concert.
Dude it was freaking incredible. I could EE wall how incredibly amazing it was. Probz the best experience of my life. ALMOST made me consider coming out publicly lol.

Top Bottom