• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm a normal guy and sometimes I play mafia games, I don't have any of your fancy brain superpowers to brag about :mad:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sup with them family problems... >_>

I punched a hole in the wall...
I feel you, bro. I've had those problems before.
Mom had to call the police because I was going to go to my big sister's house.
I wanted to stay over for awhile so I could just calm down without her.

It's been long ago. :/

July

Smash Apprentice
Julyyyyyyy.

Good to see you back!
It's really good to hear you're doing better now!
Thanks!! Good to be back :)

Vinyl, I don't believe we've played together yet. That should happen sometime.

ADD isn't a why. The reason you're hard to deal with is because that's how you are, and now you have a label. That's all that ADD is, a label.

Wanna know how many cases of ADD/ADHD were diagnosed 50 years ago?

The answer is...

Telling them you have ADD won't change anything, which is why it looks like showing off.
I used to believe that ADD/ADHD were just labels until I started working with kids, especially when I was working with pre-kindergarten children. My job was for the most part a teacher's assistant, which in a lot of ways meant sitting down with the kids who were borderline ADD/ADHD and trying to help them get their work done. It was brutal; no matter how hard they would try or how much they wanted to get it done (so they could go to snack time, show their work to their parents, etc) they just couldn't. In a room with just the teacher and them and 8 or 9 different forms of motivation they would still drift off and drum on the desk or try to play with my hair or climb up to the window and never get the work done, no matter how disappointed they were themselves they were the only one not to finish their art project or whatever.

It's really hard to watch a school nurse advise parents that without medication their child won't pass kindergarten because they can't focus long enough to learn the basics, but it happens and I do think in many cases I saw it was a legitimate concern.

So while ADD is absolutely over-diagnosed, maybe its because of diet changes in the past 50 years or whatever, it is more than a label if correctly identified.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have OCD, which is why I read games over and over before posting and people think I'm inactive

:phone:
Ohhhh shii man I didn't know that. Thanks for stating that, I'll be more understanding when you aren't as active or something.

I'm a normal guy and sometimes I play mafia games, I don't have any of your fancy brain superpowers to brag about :mad:
It's ok man, you got MUSCLES. :smirk: You don't need any brain super powers. Your muscles wins games.

I feel you, bro. I've had those problems before.
Mom had to call the police because I was going to go to my big sister's house.
I wanted to stay over for awhile so I could just calm down without her.

It's been long ago. :/
Yeah, I understand ya man. Sometimes you gotta calm down else where and I try to do that, because whenever I have convo's with mom it never goes well, goes misunderstood, etc etc. I keep thinking that me staying here will only hurt our relationship. Also, only my family can get me that angry... Now I feel bad about the hole in the wall, but of course I'll deal with it however I can. (even paying for it)

Thanks!! Good to be back :)

Vinyl, I don't believe we've played together yet. That should happen sometime.

I used to believe that ADD/ADHD were just labels until I started working with kids, especially when I was working with pre-kindergarten children. My job was for the most part a teacher's assistant, which in a lot of ways meant sitting down with the kids who were borderline ADD/ADHD and trying to help them get their work done. It was brutal; no matter how hard they would try or how much they wanted to get it done (so they could go to snack time, show their work to their parents, etc) they just couldn't. In a room with just the teacher and them and 8 or 9 different forms of motivation they would still drift off and drum on the desk or try to play with my hair or climb up to the window and never get the work done, no matter how disappointed they were themselves they were the only one not to finish their art project or whatever.

It's really hard to watch a school nurse advise parents that without medication their child won't pass kindergarten because they can't focus long enough to learn the basics, but it happens and I do think in many cases I saw it was a legitimate concern.

So while ADD is absolutely over-diagnosed, maybe its because of diet changes in the past 50 years or whatever, it is more than a label if correctly identified.
Yeah as a kid I never did my work. NEVER did my homework. I didn't even think about it.

I now know why I always tend to drift into over thinking, and things like that. I can tell many of my difficulties in life was due to not having motivation for doing the things I needed to do, unless I was interested in it (like games). I only just realized this, and I kind of was glad to find out now and was stating it in someplaces. I do know that it wouldn't really hinder me in mafia games, so I wouldn't say it was because of that cuz I sucked. I still have plenty to learn.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Look, I also have ADD. I'm probably narcissistic and histrionic, to a certain degree. Besides that I'm intellectually gifted, which really does not sync well with having ADD.

I just don't go around telling people "oh sorry it's because I have ADD and on top of that I'm intellectually gifted" I say "oh sorry it's because I have a bad attention span".
You wouldn't be different if you never knew it (ADD) existed. It's a label.

I could tell you how you're "supposed" to deal with these things psychologically, but I am in no position to tell you what to do. These rants are born from my natural dislike of people saying "I have X, which is why I do Y!". It's supposed to be "I do Y, because that's who I am." get me?

(it's funny I just had this convo with July on aim lol <3)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Look, I also have ADD. I'm probably narcissistic and histrionic, to a certain degree. Besides that I'm intellectually gifted, which really does not sync well with having ADD.

I just don't go around telling people "oh sorry it's because I have ADD and on top of that I'm intellectually gifted" I say "oh sorry it's because I have a bad attention span".
You wouldn't be different if you never knew it (ADD) existed. It's a label.

I could tell you how you're "supposed" to deal with these things psychologically, but I am in no position to tell you what to do. These rants are born from my natural dislike of people saying "I have X, which is why I do Y!". It's supposed to be "I do Y, because that's who I am." get me?

(it's funny I just had this convo with July on aim lol <3)
I gotcha. It's easy to go OH ITS CUZ OF THIS. I was just kinda shocked to see that all my problems in life were related to ADD.

Anyways...

I looked at dieting for ADD purposes... and it said... to cut out milk... DEAR GOD. Do I really have to? :urg::(:c

The rest of the stuff I wouldn't mind... but NOT MY CEREAL. (Also I like fruit juice)

I am just looking up ADD stuff on google. Cuz it's interesting.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Me too!

I'm on medication for it, though. It's called "Not Playing". You should try it sometime! It really works!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That seems like a mutation of RABMD. Really Annoyed By Mafia Disorder.

The doc prescribed Cave for me but I keep slipping on the meds

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hey guys I got the only dose you need right here.

Now I wait for Asdioh

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Clearly it's because the prescribed dosage in your Cave isn't manly enough.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
For some reason I thought I was in the doc discussion thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sort of. Just that thread mostly. Only a few newer members post to discuss Doc. Shroomed and OTG and other good docs sometimes post.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So it turns out you were talking about doctor mario. I thought it was like, literally a medical advice thread, what with the ADD talk and all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh no. I literally meant Doc. I mean he is a doctor after all.

But lol you thought I meant actual doctors posting in there... We should become doctors... just for the lolz. Sadly, .... I'm not interested in such a field.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Or that he's...

:cool:

...caving into his mafia addiction.
For some reason I thought I was in the doc discussion thread
Is that place alive? I only go there for information and that's seldom because I don't need it often.
Sort of. Just that thread mostly. Only a few newer members post to discuss Doc. Shroomed and OTG and other good docs sometimes post.
It's natural that Asdioh would form that idea subconsciously based on a post saying "addiction" followed by three obscure posts.

you're not crazydough

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"other good docs" should have tipped me off. How many people on SWF are doctors, and who would have the right to differentiate between good and bad doctors?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh, he's unbanned? That's good to hear. :D

Also, I sended virg a message 2 days ago. You should have a month of premium right about now. Or am I wrong?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
He asked to be banned.

Uhh, I haven't noticed anything. Do I need to manually activate or something?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Soup, if your new name doesn't have the word "soup" in it, I will be very upset.

I demand that you consider my opinion in your decision.

Top Bottom