• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
A) The reason I recommended something not that game was because of the fact that D1 alone is 3000 posts and you still had a good number of phases to go off after that. I couldn't bring myself to read that ****, I'm not gonna suggest anyone else do it, especially for reasons as egotistical as that.
D1 was 3000 pages, true, but the rest of the game was MUCH shorter than that. Besides, there's a lot of inflation due to a lot of quick double posting, IIRC. But yeah, the game is really long. Also, how are my reasons egotistical? I was merely saying that I'd also recommend Time Travelers like any other OS game, despite its length (with a little note that I'm probably somewhat biased because of how well I played that game.)

B) Cut the ego, I'm pretty sure you didn't wreck at all. Hell, I remember at least three people saying as much after the game ended.
Funny, because OS, Swiss, and quite a few others did, and the people that didn't were at direct odds with me ingame, and are generally agreed to have played rather poorly. I'll be the first to admit when I messed up a game (Fire Emblem, for example), but Time Travelers was definitely one of my best.

Besides, how would you know whether I played well or not? You barely read the game in the first place.

again
cut
ego
There's nothing to cut, at least in this instance. All I was saying is that that hydra played poorly in that game (which almost anyone would agree with), and in general I don't care for Ryker's play (something I'm not alone in, and clearly marked as my own opinion.)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would suggest that game for some LOLs only.

Like the really long day built up some tension... and it went down hill from there.

I didn't do well with the reaction test thing. I tried to do it in a towny way as town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
D1 was 3000 pages, true, but the rest of the game was MUCH shorter than that. Besides, there's a lot of inflation due to a lot of quick double posting, IIRC. But yeah, the game is really long. Also, how are my reasons egotistical? I was merely saying that I'd also recommend Time Travelers like any other OS game, despite its length (with a little note that I'm probably somewhat biased because of how well I played that game.)
that's...my point. it's 3000 posts. for d1. even if the subsequent phases were MUCH shorter, 1000 posts is MUCH shorter than 3000 posts. That's still a game that's 100 pages long.

i'm halfway certain the only reason you recommended it was because of the fact that you believe you played well. it's pretty obvious when you admit bias and then turn around and add that part about you basically reinventing walls. don't be stupid.

Funny, because OS, Swiss, and quite a few others did, and the people that didn't were at direct odds with me ingame, and are generally agreed to have played rather poorly. I'll be the first to admit when I messed up a game (Fire Emblem, for example), but Time Travelers was definitely one of my best.
I'm fairly certain I remember OS telling you at the end of the game that wasn't good play at all.

Besides, how would you know whether I played well or not? You barely read the game in the first place.
I still read about 30 or so pages. Your play was not spectacular, you looked scummy, nothing you did was right or for the right reasons, and I personally felt, as scum, capable of easily lynching you. That's not good play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, he looked townie to me and I would never have lynched him. :p

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
that's...my point. it's 3000 posts. for d1. even if the subsequent phases were MUCH shorter, 1000 posts is MUCH shorter than 3000 posts. That's still a game that's 100 pages long.
Point.

i'm halfway certain the only reason you recommended it was because of the fact that you believe you played well. it's pretty obvious when you admit bias and then turn around and add that part about you basically reinventing walls. don't be stupid.
Eh, it was an enjoyable game, and that's really the heart of the matter. In the same way, I have little doubt that you're arguing so strongly against it because you personally played badly and really disliked the game.

I'm fairly certain I remember OS telling you at the end of the game that wasn't good play at all.
You're wrong, OS stated that if he did choose an MVP, it'd have been a toss up between me and Reyth. Ryker was claiming my play was bad, but OS said I played a great game for my slot.

I still read about 30 or so pages. Your play was spectacular, you looked scummy, nothing you did was right or for the right reasons, and I personally felt, as scum, capable of easily lynching you. That's not good play.
Something tells me spectacular's not the word you meant to use there. ;)

More seriously, look at the results. I got one scum lynched and extremely heavy pressure on the other scum (who was only saved by the first scum putting himself on the chopping block, and would have been lynched soon after if not for Kawaii and then Video suiciding), was a town read for half the game and then semi-clear after getting said scum lynch, and mafia killed me N1. You disagreed with my methods? Fine, that's your call. But you can't deny my results.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Asdioh said:
so EE gets where that's from.
Augh dude that sentence broke my brain

also haha, do I say/sing that sometimes on Skype? It seems like something I would do (I do it IRL all the time) but I thought I'd just completely forgotten about it until Tom just posted that quote.

EDIT: OHhhhhhhh never mind. I thought that was a deliberately mixed up sentence that would say "so that's where EE gets it from". Turns out you were just pointing out my expertise on all things abridged GI Joe.

So turns out I'm dyslexic and it took 23 years to surface.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Point.

Eh, it was an enjoyable game, and that's really the heart of the matter. In the same way, I have little doubt that you're arguing so strongly against it because you personally played badly and really disliked the game.

You're wrong, OS stated that if he did choose an MVP, it'd have been a toss up between me and Reyth. Ryker was claiming my play was bad, but OS said I played a great game for my slot.

Something tells me spectacular's not the word you meant to use there. ;)

More seriously, look at the results. I got one scum lynched and extremely heavy pressure on the other scum (who was only saved by the first scum putting himself on the chopping block, and would have been lynched soon after if not for Kawaii and then Video suiciding), was a town read for half the game and then semi-clear after getting said scum lynch, and mafia killed me N1. You disagreed with my methods? Fine, that's your call. But you can't deny my results.
fair enough. sorry for getting *****y, i was angry at the time and i don't take well to conceived arrogance. you came off that way really well so i snapped.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You guys realize the best part about Time Travelers (if that's what you're still talking about) was the Asdioh/X1 hydra getting modkilled right?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i can't promise activity. i don't want to replace in only to replace out in about ten days because school wrecks my **** and i never post.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey Tom, how's that Spidey adventure game coming along?
good. soon. im in a weird stagnated process of moving houses and once thats done it should be go-time. also spider-man himself was unavailable until recently so it wouldn't have been good to start. but ive also stopped playing all games (video, computer, or otherwise) in anticipation of modding like crazy, so you can know i dont have any other obligations!

I actually wouldnt mind.
ohhhhhhhh I'mmmma body massaaaage machine GO!

BODDDYYY MASSAAAAAAAAAGE
mmmmboddymassage

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
But I played in both housepets and moderator mafia.
I did some general activity, right?
I guess. I didn't follow Moderator Mafia, but in Housepets that was just everyone realizing you had no prior experience. I just think you should shy away from replacing into Lost, especially with Newbie 16 starting soon.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
But I played in both housepets and moderator mafia.
I did some general activity, right?
I wouldn't suggest replacing into a game. Not because you're bad or anything, but replacing in is a completely different ball park. You have to catch up on a LOT of things and it's generally harder to get reads since you missed being there when most of the posts were actually made. I would just suggest joining games over replacing into them.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Okay @Werekill @Tery @Nabe @Kantrip @Sang @Anybody else who I've recently insulted in a mafia game @Anybody who thinks I am a douche in game how the f*** am I a douche in game when it's just a damn game and nothing critical that anybody says should be taken to heart? I want real insight cuz when I do it I don't even get ya know?

Top Bottom