• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you insult someone personally, being in a game or not is irrelevant.

Wtf are you, some kind of autistic Walrus-reflector?

oh wait HURRR

I ALSO TOTALLY THINK YOU'RE A DOUCHE
IT'S ALMOST 6AM

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude but insulting is just a way to try and break someone's playerslot... Seriously mang, I just see it as my slot vs their slot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Some people will take it personally, though.

This is best to be left for post-game as it pertains to an ongoing game, in my opinion.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1.) Treat others as you would like to be treated. Things get heated every once in a while, but this is supposed to be fun.
basically it's rule #1. personal insults are different from rubbing people the wrong way to get reactions.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I mean, Gord, remember what you thought of me after Nightmare Before Christmas mafia? That's all people think about when they think of you unless they've actually talked to you outside of mafia.

Insults shouldn't matter though because it's a game lol.

#HBC | Gorf

Some people will take it personally, though.

This is best to be left for post-game as it pertains to an ongoing game, in my opinion.
Really, it's happened to me in two game prior to adventure time, and happened with Ryker to Smargaret, so there's obviously more to it than just that game, and I don't wanna be the DGames douche, cuz I'm not... That's X1 ;)

Obtw @Asdioh I'd love to be treated as though the opposing player is trying his best to break me, whether it be with mud slinging or not. I'm game for finding scum, which is why I sign up for mafia.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Does this post below break rule #1?
Also because he is bad

:phone:
===

I wouldn't suggest replacing into a game. Not because you're bad or anything, but replacing in is a completely different ball park. You have to catch up on a LOT of things and it's generally harder to get reads since you missed being there when most of the posts were actually made. I would just suggest joining games over replacing into them.
Thanks. I can manage to catch up but your suggestion is obviously the best choice for me. U_U

@Tery: I'll take your opinion as it is true.

#HBC | Gorf

I mean, Gord, remember what you thought of me after Nightmare Before Christmas mafia? That's all people think about when they think of you unless they've actually talked to you outside of mafia.
I really don't remember ._.

Joey a.k.a my gay lover said:
Insults shouldn't matter though because it's a game lol.
A. Freakin. Men.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay @Werekill @Tery @Nabe @Kantrip @Sang @Anybody else who I've recently insulted in a mafia game @Anybody who thinks I am a douche in game how the f*** am I a douche in game when it's just a damn game and nothing critical that anybody says should be taken to heart? I want real insight cuz when I do it I don't even get ya know?
Gorf, don't let it get to you. Just like they shouldn't let it get to them. Ad hominem's part of the game, and there are times where you have to get shouty to get things done and call people stupid when they're being such. There's a limit to it though. Learn to relax at times.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Really, it's happened to me in two game prior to adventure time, and happened with Ryker to Smargaret, so there's obviously more to it than just that game, and I don't wanna be the DGames douche, cuz I'm not... That's X1 ;)
rorf I remember her leaving the site because Ryker called her "babe" once on the offhand comment. That was always ridiculous to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Huh.

OH! I was confusing you with Vocal, my bad.

But, guys, quick mafia tip, get thicker skin. People are going to insult you in the game. I've called many people many names in the past, especially when they're being obnoxious, stubborn, wrong, or any combination of the three. Just...don't devolve the game into who can say the other's bad at mafia better. There's a limit to how much you can insult someone in thread and if you hit a breaking point, it's just not fun anymore.

So, yeh, Gorf, maybe lay off a bit. Especially with more sensitive members. You can ***** at Soup all you want, Soup tends to take it in stride. Sang? Not so much. Werekill's also pretty emotional too.

But sensitive people, toughen up a bit. Your intelligence is going to be insulted. Especially when you do stupid **** like leave claimed indies alive. It's just part of the game, accept it and move on with it. People like to insult one another when we get pissed off.

@Gorf: I think--think--it was Pizza maf. That's the only game I remember playing with her.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Huh.

OH! I was confusing you with Vocal, my bad.

But, guys, quick mafia tip, get thicker skin. People are going to insult you in the game. I've called many people many names in the past, especially when they're being obnoxious, stubborn, wrong, or any combination of the three. Just...don't devolve the game into who can say the other's bad at mafia better. There's a limit to how much you can insult someone in thread and if you hit a breaking point, it's just not fun anymore.

So, yeh, Gorf, maybe lay off a bit. Especially with more sensitive members. You can ***** at Soup all you want, Soup tends to take it in stride. Sang? Not so much. Werekill's also pretty emotional too.

But sensitive people, toughen up a bit. Your intelligence is going to be insulted. Especially when you do stupid **** like leave claimed indies alive. It's just part of the game, accept it and move on with it. People like to insult one another when we get pissed off.

@Gorf: I think--think--it was Pizza maf. That's the only game I remember playing with her.
Pizza? More like Bingo... (I think)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He didn't. It might have been

DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME BABY.

I don't let my fiance call me baby. NOBODY calls me baby.

Nabe, I'm done.
yup pizza mafia :/

but my god this is so funny to read in retrospect

nobody puts baby in the corner

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh man, rereading that section. That was back when Soup played horribly, seemingly on purpose. We were pretty much FORCED to lynch him because he was so scummy :c

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think it's alright to insult people, but at the same time I think there is taking it too far. I mean it is a game and all, but that doesn't change the fact that i still implied your mother had sex with a dog and you were the offspring of said combination that was dropped on your head multiple times and developed several eating disorders and never leave your basement.

Probably should put some grammar in there. Oh well.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Vinyl in your last mafia game You claimed 'anything'. In this game, you had a total of 40 posts.

The game before that you replaced out early on (a spot I took over), leaving with a total of 32 posts (one of which is my favorite post in all of mafia ever).

That's a grand total of 72 posts, between 1.5 games. I cannot stress enough that until you have played in a newbie game and PROVEN that the stuff I linked to isn't going to happen again, I will vehemently oppose your joining of any game on this site.

And to be blunt, right now you ARE bad at mafia. You're new, you don't understand how the game is played, and you make a lot of sloppy decisions. I'm not saying you can't get better, I'm just saying you shouldn't act as though you've shown us you have some super mafia talent.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Insults are meeeeh. It's a game for fun though. Though still insults are just meeeh I see no need for them.

*shrug*

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Are you talking about me? I do his on a consisent basis.

Also while we're on the subject, xD
gog i miss inaro playing mafia simply for the hilarity of it. she was ****ing useless beyond belief but she was funny as ****.

Insults are meeeeh. It's a game for fun though. Though still insults are just meeeh I see no need for them.

*shrug*
it's funny because you can get rises out of people better than ryker or i can on our best day with just sheer arrogance.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't even try to have arrogance really. ;_;

I always am just thinking I'm being playful and people think it's arrogance.

It's also ironic that I abhor arrogance. >.<"

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
First, no you didn't, and second you should actually respond to what I said so I know it sank in

Top Bottom