• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, Dietz and I ran two Blazblue mafia games. It doesn't seem right to end that series there. I intend to run a pair of games for Calamity Trigger and for Central Fiction. I hope to have CT mafia running within the next two and a half weeks. If you're interested in playing and YOU WILL BE ACTIVE! Let me know. I am supremely confident in my ability to fill it with 13-15 active players, but I want you guys to have first dibs.

Day Phases will last 4 days and Night Phases will last 1 day.
It's confirmed to be an all PR game.
Like the rest of the projects that Dietz and I commit to, it will be a mafia production. I promise the presentation in all aspects will be fun and interesting.
I am going to bar entry to players I think will be inactive. I want to make certain that we don't fill it with those who won't be playing.

Let me know via PM so I can keep track.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It feels really nice to have gotten as many responses as I have already.

I'm going to open up sign ups to the people I know outside of DGames now.

Also, if you aren't going to play, but you ARE going to read, PM me. I've got a side show for individuals such as yourselves.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I am taking a break for noe but will PM you about reading.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, Dietz and I ran two Blazblue mafia games. It doesn't seem right to end that series there. I intend to run a pair of games for Calamity Trigger and for Central Fiction. I hope to have CT mafia running within the next two and a half weeks. If you're interested in playing and YOU WILL BE ACTIVE! Let me know. I am supremely confident in my ability to fill it with 13-15 active players, but I want you guys to have first dibs.

Day Phases will last 4 days and Night Phases will last 1 day.
It's confirmed to be an all PR game.
Like the rest of the projects that Dietz and I commit to, it will be a mafia production. I promise the presentation in all aspects will be fun and interesting.
I am going to bar entry to players I think will be inactive. I want to make certain that we don't fill it with those who won't be playing.

Let me know via PM so I can keep track.
Hmmm~~~~

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Good, you'll save me the trouble of hunting you down. You are required.
Put me in, coach!

Although I will admit that it's going to be a little weird not having #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe screw me over again this time around. I'm pretty sure in every game we've ever played of blazblue mafia, he has screwed me over. It just won't be the same.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
damn

a brokeass ***** determined not to buy **** during holiday gave in and bought an xbox 1

pm me or post gamertag specially if you wanna ball on ******* in gears 4 (id give mine out but it doesnt arrive til tomorrow)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Mine was the last post...

Anyway! Just a reminder / refresher that anyone who's interested in a VGM identification competition should register that interest with me soon, to guarantee having as much time as possible when it begins.

The game requires no active participation, only private answer submissions before a deadline. The full competition is ~100 snippets of songs from multiple categories, and players will choose which of the categories they'll try to identify. The chosen categories' songs will be pooled together and sent to you in a random order. Answers are awarded 1 point for correct platform, +1 point for correct series, and +1 point beyond that for correct game title. A sufficiently specific game title (e.g. Super Smash Bros. Melee) is enough for the full 3 points (unless you then go on to claim that Melee was released on the C64). If you are the only player in the competition to get an answer entirely correct, you'll be awarded 2 additional points for that answer. Finishing out a category, even though they're jumbled up, is worth a bonus of 4 points.

Beyond that, there are several special songs intruding on the competition. Identification of these mysterious Intruders will earn even larger point values.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
im just about finished with my first semester in uni (im a transfer in my junior year and its far away from miami (my ACTUAL home)) and i gotta say that this is the one of the best experiences ive ever had. i really ****in wish i did this as soon as i finished high school

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I might go to Montreal from the 29th of Dec to the 2nd of Jan. Need my passport.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Mine was the last post...

Anyway! Just a reminder / refresher that anyone who's interested in a VGM identification competition should register that interest with me soon, to guarantee having as much time as possible when it begins.

The game requires no active participation, only private answer submissions before a deadline. The full competition is ~100 snippets of songs from multiple categories, and players will choose which of the categories they'll try to identify. The chosen categories' songs will be pooled together and sent to you in a random order. Answers are awarded 1 point for correct platform, +1 point for correct series, and +1 point beyond that for correct game title. A sufficiently specific game title (e.g. Super Smash Bros. Melee) is enough for the full 3 points (unless you then go on to claim that Melee was released on the C64). If you are the only player in the competition to get an answer entirely correct, you'll be awarded 2 additional points for that answer. Finishing out a category, even though they're jumbled up, is worth a bonus of 4 points.

Beyond that, there are several special songs intruding on the competition. Identification of these mysterious Intruders will earn even larger point values.
When is this? I am 100% down if you need another player.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I've been making VR games on the side for a while, and I recently entered a contest with a $30,000 first prize. I made it to the finalist position and won't know if I won until after Christmas, but there is a "community's choice" award that at minimum grants an MSI Trident desktop computer.

If you want to take a few moments out and vote for the game "Dungeon of the Necromancer" (dumb name, but it's my entry) and get others to do the same, it could guarantee that I at least get something from this!

http://woobox.com/h9t35r/idzoku

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Peeps should join the millerizer game Zen is hosting.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I remember back when I played a few mafia games here.
I had fun at the time but looking back I acted cringy af the whole while.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I remember back when I played a few mafia games here.
I had fun at the time but looking back I acted cringy af the whole while.
Don't feel too bad about it though. With that realization you've already shown more self-awareness than most people have :3

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Have any of you guys ever done any Escape Rooms in your area?

May be opening one up in my area if I can find a good location.

Maven89

Smash Master
Have any of you guys ever done any Escape Rooms in your area?

May be opening one up in my area if I can find a good location.
I'm a game master for one. We just opened in December, are you planning to be independent or part of a franchise? I could get you in contact with the owner if you had questions about opening one, depending on where you plan to open it (I assume not north Texas?)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I saw a brochure for one in the Poconos, but didn't go because I was on a big family vacation and didn't have a car of my own with me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm a game master for one. We just opened in December, are you planning to be independent or part of a franchise? I could get you in contact with the owner if you had questions about opening one, depending on where you plan to open it (I assume not north Texas?)
That would be pretty good -- we're opening in northern ky / south ohio area. Still looking for good locations, but it will be somewhere a bit out from Cincinnati. I have a lot of questions though.

We're doing independent and I'm doing the design for all the rooms and that part isn't too difficult.. but I lack the experience in the more businessy areas.
  • What kind of insurance do you get, and what does it cost?
  • When looking for a location, how do you anticipate traffic to your business based on that location? Just raw population 18-35?
  • What do your numbers look like in the opening month(s)?
  • What cameras/software specifically are used for the Escape Room / Control Room?
  • How did you determine if your initial investment / profit per ticket was appropriate prior to opening?
  • How big are your rooms sqft-wise?

Questions like that.

Maven89

Smash Master
Pm your contact info and I'll pass it along, though I'll say 90% of our customers are through online booking, big money is corporate team building events, very few walk ins and when they do they usually just schedule for a later time that day, we're located at a strip mall

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Unrelated but relevant, anyone here going to genesis?

I'll be there helping run the event so I'll be busy as **** but I'll be keeping an eye out

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pm your contact info and I'll pass it along, though I'll say 90% of our customers are through online booking, big money is corporate team building events, very few walk ins and when they do they usually just schedule for a later time that day, we're located at a strip mall
Done!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm also curious how your pay is set up / how your hours are dealt with. I know most around here have an SMS messaging system that tells them when a booking happens, but I didn't know how the whole "being paid to run games" thing works. If you're paid $X/hour, how do you determine when you work? If only one game was scheduled, does that just count as one to two hours and you're done?

Never had "official" employees before but likely will have to due to having twins.

Maven89

Smash Master
We use bookeo, we have schedules every week but our manager keeps in contact with us and lets us know if we have bookings or not, if no bookings then we don't work even if we're scheduled, though he tries to even it out so one person doesn't get shafted. It's definitely part time, I get around 25 hours a week from it because I'm a great worker, most others get less, though atm we only have one game room that's running, we're opening our second one this week and the third should be out soon after which should get more hours . Because of the small and inconsistent hours you're going to have a pretty high turnover early on, so hire extras! Employees show up around 30 minutes before their scheduled time (they're paid for this time) to prepare the game room, after the game they have to reset it/close up shop if there's no one else, but yeah if there's no bookings then sometimes you show up for 2 hours and go home.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That sounds awesome for a college student with no other obligations looking for pocket change and horrible for everyone else o_o

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thinking I might enter a Mafia game with some light activity. Played here once before long ago in the Death Note mafia that was canceled midway through.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Like a video game?

If you guys give me money I can make that happen. Other than that notsomuch.

Top Bottom