• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I know it's not a serious consideration but would that even be feasible? Who'd you credit for making Brainpower or Harambe a thing?

:059:
I'm sure there's some sort of meme database that some nerds have somewhere that tries to keep track of that kind of stuff. If it "became a thing", it'd be pretty easy to track, going forward. As long as everyone actually cited the place where they got it from (but good luck actually getting people to do this), you'd always be able to track it back to it's original source, eventually.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So this is what my fave 2017 list is shaping up like so far:

1. Let Them Eat Chaos - Kate Tempest
2. The Hope Six Demolition Project - PJ Harvey
3. A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead
4. Ruminations - Conor Oberst
5. Schmilco - Wilco
6. Skeleton Tree - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
7. Blackstar - David Bowie
8. Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not - Dinosaur Jr.

Not my favorite year ... let's hope Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem and The xx rectify that next year.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
There were a lot of rap releases that I really liked this year

Top 5
Brockhampton- All American trash
Schoolboy q- blank face lp
Frank ocean- blonde
Anderson paak - malibu
Bowie- blackstar

Also dgames, if you were to pick one game here to show people how good dgames as a whole is at mafia, which game would you pick?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't get what the big deal behind Frank Ocean is supposed to be. It's just not my style I guess.

Edit: I think Earthbound mafia was pretty close and well played overall.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you want to show high quality mafia-aligned play, I would link to pretty much any one of my scum games. Marshy's pick your poison was probably the best. Fire Emblem Awakening was good too.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Leviathan made a post in the last Sleepover game that referenced a lot of good ones:

I am Leviathan. My experience ranges from Alpha to Omega. I am thedocsalive from South Park. Frozenflame from Food Court. Eor from Trigun. Kirby King from Spider-Manfia. Tom from Harry Potter. Ronike from Bad Idea. Xiivi from Wonderland. Macman from Samuel L. Jackson 2. Ryker from Batma(n)fia 2. Mayling from Down and Dirty. Overswarm from TMNT 2. adumbrodeus from Lord of the Rings. marshy from Tales of Symphonia. Chibosempai from Sonic the Hedgehog. Omni from Mario Kart. vanderzant from Villains. Evil Eye from Bioware. Zen from Castlevania. KevinM from Youtube Memes. Swiss from Nightmare Before Christmas. Kataefi from Resident Evil 4. th3kuzinator from Majora's Mask. Xonar from Fire and Lightning. J from Celebrity Rehab. Vult Redux from Earthbound.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hmm. There's a lot of games to pick from. Most games I play in are one-sided.

There was one I ended replacing into the cop slot and ended up with a world that was me an Swiss pushing to lynch scum Zen and Xonar. Ended really close. Don't remember the flavor.

Skies of Arcadia and Batmanfia 2 are my next choices, but the latter is really old.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hmm. There's a lot of games to pick from. Most games I play in are one-sided.

There was one I ended replacing into the cop slot and ended up with a world that was me an Swiss pushing to lynch scum Zen and Xonar. Ended really close. Don't remember the flavor.

Skies of Arcadia and Batmanfia 2 are my next choices, but the latter is really old.
Aren't u confusing two games? I think the one u replaced into cop was one of Ghebs games but I died to a randomly ******** Ruy there.
As for me, I think I played Swag Halloween mafia almost as well if not better than Fire & Lightning, though that might just be me preferring good town play to good scum play.
If you want to show the best of dGames, look for Kuz's best game (town), Ryker's best game, Swiss's best game (scum), EE's best game (town), my best game, Overwatch's best game, and probably like Zen's best game (scum)? Personally those were the players that always impressed (and inspired) me the most, even though I disagree with a lot of them on playstyle, a good mafia game is something you can't not appreciate.
Another impressive performance was Sephiroths in Paper Mario. Had one of the hardest scumslip catches I've EVER seen in mafia on Adumbrodeus and overall just an uncontested performance. He died pri early on though (N2) but a good read imo.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OH. I meant that you stated before that you were not fond of my mafia play so it's OK not to include me in that. I thought you were tryna be kind.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OH. I meant that you stated before that you were not fond of my mafia play so it's OK not to include me in that. I thought you were tryna be kind.
I think your town play is repulsive but you're one of the more entertaining (read: crafty) scums out there.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
To be honest, I think your town play is fine when you aren't giving up or trying to tunnel strongarm something that isn't smart.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Zo if you haven't already you should check out 202 in the song list. I think it's up your alley.
yo that lounges had. good to see some radwimps in there, though im more of a fan of their older stuff. putting off waching Kimi no Na Wa until I get my hands on a 1080p release ;-;

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
SITES TO PLAY ON
serenes forest. mafia universe. xkcd is a very fun site to play on in my experience

MUSIC
damn. didnt know dinosaur jr still made music or that radiohead released an album

i am all for chill atmospheric music. ima have to listen thru zens and zozos **** tho i am feeling that traveller song i just clicked on. if anyone else recommends any artists/songs that have that kinda chillass **** goin for it holla @ ya boi. heres a track ive been revisiting for years along with some more recent **** im feelin. the latter two are more soulful/bubbly lovey dovey but they got dat emotion ya dig

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
if anyone else recommends any artists/songs that have that kinda chillass **** goin for it holla @ ya boi.
New Tribe album's out though I haven't heard it yet.

Edit: The Radiohead album is also sufficiently atmospheric and subtle to qualify as "kind chillass ****" imo.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That mafia game Marshy invited a few peeps over with him finished. Go read it to see who won.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
it went well overall tho a few inactive spikes (that i contributed to)

if another one on any site goes down in the future ill extend a hand out here. if anyone else plays offsite and you see a decent looking game holla @ ya boi

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The worst site I've played on tbh.
You're the worst.

I can say it was FAR from the worst site I've played on. A couple more annoying qualities, but my first Mafia Universe game was more annoying than SF. Fantasy Strike was worse. My experience with Mafiascum was toxic as ****.

Definitely isn't like playing here, but it was fine.

Maven89

Smash Master
After Laundry asked if I was marrlow on that site, I checked it out (I'm not). The mod made a "no joking with each other rule". I mean what's the point of mafia if you can't insult your friends?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You're the worst.

I can say it was FAR from the worst site I've played on. A couple more annoying qualities, but my first Mafia Universe game was more annoying than SF. Fantasy Strike was worse. My experience with Mafiascum was toxic as ****.

Definitely isn't like playing here, but it was fine.
I'm glad you like it. 1000% not for me though. The site itself is an eye sore. I got a headache every time I went on. I can't say anything about the players themselves, but if they are good, they should come here rather than the reverse :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
MU was actually enjoyable. I think you need to play a non-hydra game on MU Ryker. Sure it is a bit more about **** posting and N0s but I like the atmosphere. I really think it depends on the playerlist. I do think SF got a little bit overboard with mod influence but I am fine with civil > toxic and boy have I seen toxic and that ain't fun.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
The worst site I've played on tbh.
then consider yourself lucky!

the next site i wanna do is xkcd. i played there with soup and jexs before. its somewhat of a leisurely pace but the players there are a bit older and more mature. theres never any drama there just a very chill spot and the play is good

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm glad you like it. 1000% not for me though. The site itself is an eye sore. I got a headache every time I went on. I can't say anything about the players themselves, but if they are good, they should come here rather than the reverse :3
You right, the colors are painful.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
MU was actually enjoyable. I think you need to play a non-hydra game on MU Ryker. Sure it is a bit more about **** posting and N0s but I like the atmosphere. I really think it depends on the playerlist. I do think SF got a little bit overboard with mod influence but I am fine with civil > toxic and boy have I seen toxic and that ain't fun.
I have. My last game wasn't a problem on MU. My first two were.

Top Bottom