• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If by "agreed" you actually mean "I said that liking MLP was really weird and then everyone either argued with me or ignored me", then yes, we agreed with you.
nah yo i mean like "i said that liking mlp was really weird and then everyone either played the social justice warrior card (while surely agreeing with me in the shadows), stayed away from a controversial argument for the sake of online image (while agreeing with me in the shadows)... or agreed with me." i mean c'mon what brony in their right mind can so disassociated with reality that they'd think their interest DOESN'T warrant the "weird" label in society? SOCIETY determines weird. if society decides playing mafia or competitively playing video games or being a brony (the second of which actually IS gaining social acclaim) is no longer "weird," then things will change and i won't have an overwhelmingly popular opinion. but even self aware bronies will admit that being one is weird.

/topic (unless someone thinks i said something offensive, to which i'd LOVE to tell you how so not offensive this all is)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Acrostic, I love you sometimes. Most of the time, actually.

My first thought when I saw this or Gaston was that you had linked this

Then I realized it's too obscure.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
nah yo i mean like "i said that liking mlp was really weird and then everyone either played the social justice warrior card (while surely agreeing with me in the shadows), stayed away from a controversial argument for the sake of online image (while agreeing with me in the shadows)... or agreed with me." i mean c'mon what brony in their right mind can so disassociated with reality that they'd think their interest DOESN'T warrant the "weird" label in society? SOCIETY determines weird. if society decides playing mafia or competitively playing video games or being a brony (the second of which actually IS gaining social acclaim) is no longer "weird," then things will change and i won't have an overwhelmingly popular opinion. but even self aware bronies will admit that being one is weird.

/topic (unless someone thinks i said something offensive, to which i'd LOVE to tell you how so not offensive this all is)
First off, I'm sure none of the "social justice warriors" agreed with you in the shadows because none of us label someone as weird for something like enjoying a television show. We focus our attention towards people that are actually causing some type of harm to our society. Our view on weird is "Someone that is treating another individual or group of individuals differently with no legitimate logic or reasoning" aka how you treat bronies (amongst other groups).

Second, if I (or any of the "social justice warriors") were referring to our society as a whole, then yes, we would all be labeled as weird for various different reasons. Playing a children's game competitively is considered very weird by people that are considered "normal". Same with liking a show revolving around ponies (or animated cartoons in general) when you're older. Same with liking the same sex or wanting to enjoy alone time at home instead of going out and socializing when you're in college. People even consider people that don't major in a big money-raking or common job weird (music/art/english/history majors as examples). There are a lot of things that society as a whole deems as weird. If you are referring to the fact that MLP fans are weird in the grand scheme of things, then quite honestly I have no idea why you're bringing it up on a gaming forum in the first place (as if they are considered more weird than the rest of us or something, which would be an incorrect statement). Congratulations. You've stumbled into a room of otakus, bronies, furries, and gamers along with many other groups of people and managed to call out one select group. Go you?

I don't care if you're trolling. Don't say that we as a community wanted to treat someone worse when we already treated them horribly initially, and definitely don't try to add in anything connecting how people treated him and bronies or any group that you and the general public may consider weird. Some people are actually trying to improve this community. Don't make it worse.

The penis in this situation is your negative opinions, and connecting me or any of the other members on this subforum to them.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
First off, I'm sure none of the "social justice warriors" agreed with you in the shadows because none of us label someone as weird for something like enjoying a television show. We focus our attention towards people that are actually causing some type of harm to our society. Our view on weird is "Someone that is treating another individual or group of individuals differently with no legitimate logic or reasoning" aka how you treat bronies (amongst other groups).
I mean honestly you're doing the exact same thing society is doing just from a different point of view. You're labeling something as weird to your standards and then focus your attention on them in a negative way. You could argue that your way is more "moral" (by human moral compass) but the way society labels also has its roots in the human psyche just as much as morals do, though more complex since it is based upon years of development. Haven't read the rest yet and I see where you're coming from but just saying you can't chastise society for doing what it does (not saying you are, just saying).

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

*cracks neck and knuckles*

dude you CANT sit there and try to convince anybody that you dont ever find yourself passing judgement. humans are weird because were the only species in existence that drinks the milk of another animal. -insert roman emperor here- was weird because he never had a male lover, unlike the other original 15 emperors. oddities are natural. oddities can be either good (synesthesia) or bad (being born without limbs). but being unable to address said oddity as it is, WEIRD, is naive. things are weird. broaden it as much as you want, but a group of adolescent males liking my little pony is weird.

joey said:
Second, if I (or any of the "social justice warriors") were referring to our society as a whole, then yes, we would all be labeled as weird for various different reasons. Playing a children's game competitively is considered very weird by people that are considered "normal". Same with liking a show revolving around ponies (or animated cartoons in general) when you're older. Same with liking the same sex or wanting to enjoy alone time at home instead of going out and socializing when you're in college. People even consider people that don't major in a big money-raking or common job weird (music/art/english/history majors as examples). There are a lot of things that society as a whole deems as weird. If you are referring to the fact that MLP fans are weird in the grand scheme of things, then quite honestly I have no idea why you're bringing it up on a gaming forum in the first place (as if they are considered more weird than the rest of us or something, which would be an incorrect statement). Congratulations. You've stumbled into a room of otakus, bronies, furries, and gamers along with many other groups of people and managed to call out one select group. Go you?
weaboos, furries, bronies and gamers are all weird. everything you stated is weird. the brony thing was brought up, which is why i mentioned it before and now. im SURE ive stated that i think almost all anime is terrible when the conversation dragged long enough. im never opposed to people trying to tell me my dedication to nintendo for video games is weird, and i make my case and go from there.

joey said:
I don't care if you're trolling. Don't say that we as a community wanted to treat someone worse when we already treated them horribly initially, and definitely don't try to add in anything connecting how people treated him and bronies or any group that you and the general public may consider weird. Some people are actually trying to improve this community. Don't make it worse.

The penis in this situation is your negative opinions, and connecting me or any of the other members on this subforum to them.
im VERY sure that when i responded to maven it was made clear that he was wrong, and what i said in response was clearly a joke (making fun of my own, yes, WEIRD reputation as the troll of dgames). ive long admitted that bullying the dude was uncalled for, but if you think its considered out of line to express distate for something that other people may like, then form a communist nation that prohibits that, cuz as long as humans have a pulse, well continue to feel certain ways and not be afraid to express those certain feelings.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I mean, even within the subculture of gamers, otakus and bronies are considered weird.

I certainly don't chastise people for being weird. But I do think bronies are weird. It's pretty normal to think they're weird, which is the point I agree with that Gorf made in his post.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
owowwow people are debating lets immediately comment on it even tho there're no insults flung around and no trolling either

could you please not?

#HBC | Gorf

owowwow people are debating lets immediately comment on it even tho there're no insults flung around and no trolling either

could you please not?
gUyS iTs An AcTuAl MaTuRe DiScUsSiOn ReGaRdInG eThIcS aNd ThE hUmAn CoNdItIoN qUiCk LeTs TaLk AbOuT aNiMe

hell see its even weird to want to talk about actual things. i acknowledge it. but its not like i will change what i think cuz its weird.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I know I won't change anyone's opinion, and that wasn't the goal of my post. Thinking someone is weird for x is fine, but I don't want to be associated with it, as I'm sure others in dgames may feel the same way, especially if it is in correlation with someone being bullied.

I also know that I judge people negatively and that it is human nature. Doing so for something as trivial as a tv show they have interest in, however, is simply ridiculous from my personal standpoint. I never said I wasn't in the wrong. I was saying that I don't agree with Gorf.

Otakus and bronies along with furries are indeed considered weird in communities like these. More so than homosexuals and gamers. They're also treated poorly by certain people. >_>

I don't personally care if you think bronies are weird (or more so than other groups). It's normal to view groups like otakus, furries, gamers, homosexuals, bronies, etc as weird. Even slightly implying that being weird in any sense caused bullying or that they should be treated poorly due to it is where I'd hope most people would have an issue.

I understand how my post came across and I'm sorry for poorly defining what I mean. Calling something weird is one thing. Calling something weird negatively and having that as a connection to cyber bullying was where my issue stood, but that was a misunderstanding on my part and I apologize.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't apoligize lmao, you're not wrong. Though are you serious when you think otakus aren't weird? It sounds like it's more along the lines of 'I know it's weird, but I don't care'.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
As a fellow fan of the show, even I admit it is 'weird' to like the show. But what exactly is weird defined by? Social majority. It's a fact that the social majority finds MLP weird, thus it is weird in the social sense to like it.

But honestly, weird is a pretty pointless, and dare I say it, immature word, really. Which means you should try to not be bothered by it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Don't apoligize lmao, you're not wrong. Though are you serious when you think otakus aren't weird? It sounds like it's more along the lines of 'I know it's weird, but I don't care'.
Second one.

Edit: lmao where did I get second one? I know its weird but I don't curr.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I definitely used to think MLP, and the brony fanbase around it, were weird. I don't think that anymore tho. There's definitely A LOT of weirdos in that crowd, but their shared love of a TV show is not the thing that makes them weird.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It's essentially a semantics argument at this point no?

There's also the fact of something being deemed weird on a social context compared to an individual context. I don't drink at all, I realize that drinking is fairly normal for people, but for me is normal not to drink. So at that point is not weird for me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah. I just misunderstood Gorf's (and probably Maven's) intentions, so I made a post that I shouldn't have. I apologize again for any pointless drama I stirred up, guys.

#HBC | Gorf

yea there aint no heat dawg

@the idea of "weird" being immature or bad when in a negative context: while i concur that there are definitely times where NOT addressing an opposition is necessary, i feel like trying to silence the concept of personal disapproval and distaste as a whole goes against the pursuit of knowledge and the exchange of information.

there were CERTAINLY plenty of white americans who felt that slavery, which used to be the normal, was weird during its time. but the desire for a clean social image likely drove many away from speaking their mind, which caused the abolitionist movement to go way slower than it should have. to the plantation owners, slavery was a property right they damn well earned. i shouldnt feel like my opinion on transgenderism should be kept hushed, but the society that we live in today feels like its answer (that its okay to think youre the opposite sex when youre physically (actually) not) is untouchable BECAUSE of our history with having not positive views about other human beings.

alls im saying is, talking about things being weird, while possibly uncomfortable because youre exposing your thoughts, is probably one of the better ways to further educate yourself on a subject. deciding whether someones information is more valuable than yours, deciding whether or not to concede or to further inquire, exposing your thoughts is actually quite riveting. when the intention is to assert your absolute right answer and not to exchange information, you get things like bullying bwolf or the westboro baptist church.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
...did you really try to compare this to slavery?
Well, its more of the opinions of slavery during the mid to late 1800s, where the abolitionists saw it as weird/strange, but didn't really truly address it causing the movement to slow down.

What's with the Social right now anyway. Since when did we become philosophers on social behavior. I'll stick around though :seuss:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
One's opinion certainly always has a right to be expressed. I support that entirely. I mean, by displaying my enjoyment of the show I express my opinion. If that leads to someone expressing distaste for the show, that's fine too.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Today the role of me will be played by joey, mostly cause I have had gorf on my ignore list for quite some time.

Also saying your actual opinions in a bombastic way doesn't count as decent trolling.

One's opinion certainly always has a right to be expressed. I support that entirely. I mean, by displaying my enjoyment of the show I express my opinion. If that leads to someone expressing distaste for the show, that's fine too.
One certainly has a right to express one's opinions, however certain opinions make somebody a terrible person and the rest of us have just as much right to say, "that's a horrible opinion to have". Disagreeing with somebody isn't censorship and if the only defense that you have for your opinions is that you're legally allowed to say it... they're probably bad opinions.

anyone on cain?????
I'm on cain (EC server),.

Yo, @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker which server you on?

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
My higher leveled account is on the western server, but I have a low level on east. Someone teach me how to not be booty?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
what level are you guys? I may just play a **** ton tomorrow so I can try to get somewhere near you guys in level. xD

Top Bottom