• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Double post restrictions are only ever in place because they allow mods to stop people from spamming threads or repeatedly bumping a topic that should die. It is an unfortunate casualty that it also punishes people from posting unique and unrelated or only loosely related thoughts that were thought of later. Double posting allows for tagging people and alerts those who follow the thread that there is more content to be viewed which are both features editing does not allow for.

I BARELY pay attention to the double posting restriction on the rest of the forums. I have no idea why you would want to institute it here after years of not even talking about it.
Because I noticed the triple posts and that isn't needed. It really isn't allowed in other socials and something that has been brought up before.

There is an edit button, you can use it. If people want to bump for something new that is fine but not of it is within seconds-minutes apart.

Technically it's not allowed except maybe disco room, I think, for other socials.

I'm putting my foot down because triple posting like that isn't needed.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, I'm not going to go out of my way to double or triple post, but I'm also not changing. This is almost certainly going to end up with me banned, so if that happens and I'm in a mafia game. Welp, them's the breaks.

Also, please point out to me where it was brought up here before and the conclusion wasn't that it's ok. Should be somewhere in this thread if it happened before, right?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, I'm not going to go out of my way to double or triple post, but I'm also not changing. This is almost certainly going to end up with me banned, so if that happens and I'm in a mafia game. Welp, them's the breaks.

Also, please point out to me where it was brought up here before and the conclusion wasn't that it's ok. Should be somewhere in this thread if it happened before, right?
Other areas and what people have talked out, not here specifically.

More so unless it's kind of Disco room, I think it is more ok there?, it's not ok in any social.

I don't mind a double post if it is urgent or something, but chaining three posts together when you could have editted it together is different.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Actually, no, I couldn't have made that one post because editting in a Quote or Tag doesn't alert Gheb that I was willing to play in his Mafia game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
wtf ruy

why would you start trying to enforce that archaic rule now when double/triple posting's been happening in this part of the site for years. no one's intentionally spamming because we're not children here so i don't get the sudden policing

:186:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually, no, I couldn't have made that one post because editting in a Quote or Tag doesn't alert Gheb that I was willing to play in his Mafia game.
Hmm...that would be fine in that situation.

wtf ruy

why would you start trying to enforce that archaic rule now when double/triple posting's been happening in this part of the site for years. no one's intentionally spamming because we're not children here so i don't get the sudden policing

It's there so people don't multi post with either spam or not using an edit button/just fusion it together as one post.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
.idk personally i feel like dgames just doesn't need that kind of ruling. We keep it together for the best part and usually we manage just fine policing ourselves

Maven89

Smash Master
Honestly I feel it's a little bit rough and a few people blow it way out of proportion. I mean we had a giant argument because people were being mean to the pony guy, and in the end we all agreed that we should have been meaner to him

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Honestly I feel it's a little bit rough and a few people blow it way out of proportion. I mean we had a giant argument because people were being mean to the pony guy, and in the end we all agreed that we should have been meaner to him
I sincerely hope no one thought that.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Not going to bully Ryu for following the letter of his job, regardless of the circumstances of when and why he chose to do so. Obviously the waiver for multiple posting was granted specifically for mafia games, not so we could use it in every thread we have. Originally, that waiver also came with the agreement that post counts wouldn't go up in DGames, so it's understandable that mods looked the other way. That's since changed. Double-posting in here if no other social allows it is abuse of our privilege to double-post in games.

All of that said, of course consecutive posting rules are dumb.

No.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
maven with the double-takes

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu naw i disagree. we don't need that, we never have needed that. if you seriously go back through and want to call something spam just because somebody posted something in more than one post, you're trying way too hard to adhere to the letter of the law randomly and without warning. it's not cool

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
maven with the double-takes

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu naw i disagree. we don't need that, we never have needed that. if you seriously go back through and want to call something spam just because somebody posted something in more than one post, you're trying way too hard to adhere to the letter of the law randomly and without warning. it's not cool

Can we consider this the start then?

I'm ok with it to alert someone but not for it to just do it out of laziness when there is an edit button.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
naw, cause i don't see the point in it and it's pretty clear most other people here don't want that rule being enforced now all of a sudden. i understand this is your job but this is a rule that's always been lax in dgames and suddenly changing it now doesn't really feel warranted, it just feels like change for the sake of change. believe me, nobody ever likes that, and nobody will support that, they'll just get mad at you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
naw, cause i don't see the point in it and it's pretty clear most other people here don't want that rule being enforced now all of a sudden. i understand this is your job but this is a rule that's always been lax in dgames and suddenly changing it now doesn't really feel warranted, it just feels like change for the sake of change. believe me, nobody ever likes that, and nobody will support that, they'll just get mad at you.

If I don't, another person will.

I understand and hate springing it like this. But in the social it's been too lax and I have to enforce.

Someone was gonna hate me for this one way or another.

I don't mind an occasional double post, but triple+ I really can't endorse that in non mafia threads.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alex, that is a great and wonderful way to make absolutely sure that a crackdown does occur, you wonderful wordsmith, you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What i'm getting from this discussion is that someone who gets to make decisions in the back-end of SWF decided that double posting was just not done and that it makes the forum as a whole less respectable.

I mean, it can't be about post count because have you looked at Forum games recently.
And it's not about readability, because every post is 2 inches tall meaning you have to scroll relentlessly to read anything.

So basically it's about an arbitrary rule we have to follow because god forbid anyone has to exercise their judgement, or worse, read two posts from the same author that don't happen to have a post by someone else in the middle.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you wanna try it somewhere more private, hit me up in skype about it.

I don't mind being put on blast for anything I may or may not be doing right, I did read this with mod powers and I understand.

I hate being in situations like this, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Does that mean we're getting double post infractions now? It's gonna be like Christmas in here!

:gova:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hold on, has he consented?
Circus alt

---

[this message has been removed by the smash masons]

Days since last posted on swf: 0

Man how has it only been 13 days sigh. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed marshy has disappeared. He hasn't been on skype either which is peculiar. If anyone can get in contact with him (ie via phone @adumbrodeus) and make sure he iight, please do so.

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
been wondering about marshy too he didnt reply to my skype msg from 6th march

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Circus alt

---

[this message has been removed by the smash masons]

Days since last posted on swf: 0

Man how has it only been 13 days sigh. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed marshy has disappeared. He hasn't been on skype either which is peculiar. If anyone can get in contact with him (ie via phone @adumbrodeus) and make sure he iight, please do so.
been wondering about marshy too he didnt reply to my skype msg from 6th march
yeo he gud

i thought we conceded that being meaner to horsey was the right thing to do too

Top Bottom