• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
im VERY sure that when i responded to maven it was made clear that he was wrong, and what i said in response was clearly a joke (making fun of my own, yes, WEIRD reputation as the troll of dgames). ive long admitted that bullying the dude was uncalled for, but if you think its considered out of line to express distate for something that other people may like, then form a communist nation that prohibits that, cuz as long as humans have a pulse, well continue to feel certain ways and not be afraid to express those certain feelings.
I agree with this completely. The "horse ****ers" are completely in line to express their distaste for you. I don't know why you're even bothering to attempt to intellectualize this and attempt to use vague terms like "weird" and "social acclaim" to express your personal distaste of the genre. It's fine if you hate bronies or if you're a bigot. I can accept that. However it's pathetic when you attempt to play down the "horse ******" rhetoric you used as "weird" and then use that as a standard to redefine why the community questioned you about the comments you made.

It's sad because you're pathetic if you're being remotely serious. And it's such an intellectually piss poor level of trolling if you think that you're being clever by playing the high ground and forcing individuals you labeled as being "horse ****ers" to play on the same high ground because you retrospectively realize that you were wrong. Please. Put the mic down and walk away, you can still have a little bit of dignity.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I agree with this completely. The "horse ****ers" are completely in line to express their distaste for you. I don't know why you're even bothering to attempt to intellectualize this and attempt to use vague terms like "weird" and "social acclaim" to express your personal distaste of the genre. It's fine if you hate bronies or if you're a bigot. I can accept that. However it's pathetic when you attempt to play down the "horse ****er" rhetoric you used as "weird" and then use that as a standard to redefine why the community questioned you about the comments you made.

It's sad because you're pathetic if you're being remotely serious. And it's such an intellectually piss poor level of trolling if you think that you're being clever by playing the high ground and forcing individuals you labeled as being "horse ****ers" to play on the same high ground because you retrospectively realize that you were wrong. Please. Put the mic down and walk away, you can still have a little bit of dignity.
Except he admitted that he went overboard with the whole "horse ******" thing. You can keep haunting him with it but that amounts to little else than bullying when he's already admitted his fault.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
aw man, i got hyped after i read joeys' "i'm sorry i stirred up drama" post involving gorf, but upon further investigation they quickly got in each other's pants way too fast and resolved the issue.

**** you both

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Except he admitted that he went overboard with the whole "horse ****er" thing. You can keep haunting him with it but that amounts to little else than bullying when he's already admitted his fault.
He doesn't genuinely believe he went overboard. You're an idiot if you believe otherwise. People who genuinely feel guilt over sending something overboard don't attempt to push the board over another time. Nor do they attempt to justify their own rights for stating disapproval because their guilty prevents them from advocating an equal position over an issue that they ruined.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
He's not sorry at all.
What, you wanna keep attacking him until he apologizes (probably against his will leaving a sour taste in both of your mouths)? Best you're gonna get is what you got - he admitted he went too far. If you honestly question the sincerity of that and plan to resolve that by repeatedly jumping at his throat, please take that level of personal feud to PMs lol.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
What, you wanna keep attacking him until he apologizes (probably against his will leaving a sour taste in both of your mouths)? Best you're gonna get is what you got - he admitted he went too far. If you honestly question the sincerity of that and plan to resolve that by repeatedly jumping at his throat, please take that level of personal feud to PMs lol.
I only addressed the pretentiousness of one of his posts. I haven't continued attacking him. Find your objective lens because you've clearly lost sight of it at the moment. I don't want his apology. I've always had an issue with insincerity and his posts are blatant trolling with some of his ridiculous comparisons to West Boro, Communism in China, and racism. I don't even have a personal feud on him. I've ignored him until now. However you are the one who is being hyper defensive of him and attempting to mitigate his responses before he even participates.

Some people don't know when they need to shut the **** up because everyone is attempting to roll over backwards. I'm tired of letting him go, he needs to be told to just shut up if he really has remotely any single iota of guilty conscience over this stupid brony fiasco. Again I think the brony issue itself is fundamentally stupid. However, I don't like it when I sense him feigning the issue in order to antagonize the group again in a different light.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I only addressed the pretentiousness of one of his posts. I haven't continued attacking him. Find your objective lens because you've clearly lost sight of it at the moment. I don't want his apology. I've always had an issue with insincerity and his posts are blatant trolling with some of his ridiculous comparisons to West Boro, China, and racism. I don't even have a personal feud on him. I've ignored him until now. However you are the one who is being hyper defensive of him and attempting to mitigate his responses before he even participates.
You address the pretentiousness of one post to what end? What do you have to gain from this? Put him in his place? Aren't you doing exactly what he's doing then? :/

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also I defend him because I'm legitimately curious why you bother with this ****. Discussion was honestly fine until you jumped in and made it super personal. I know Gorf wouldn't give half a **** defending himself and probably fall back to "yeah ur right i was trolling" just to be done with it.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I've always been straight forward with how I feel within certain boundaries. I just want to let him know that I think he's being a piece of **** which is in line with him being open to people stating their dislike of other people. I'm telling this to him because I don't want to legitimately come to hate him as a human being.

Also discussion is still fine. It's as fine as when Gorf called out bronies as being horse ****ers and when we were discussing inane topics. The fact that you want to contextualize Dgames Social as being a delicate flower that can be broken by personal disagreement when I participate is laughable. Am I really that much of a threat to social that I need to act on higher standards and not voice by personal opinion on a matter despite holding it back over several rounds?

I have the urge to express myself once in awhile and I don't think that I'm negatively impacting the conversation by bringing up the fact that Gorf's statements are ridiculous considering how much he ignores what he actually did and attempts to paint it as this broad social issue that can be discussed when the source of the antagonism was him, how he phrased the issue, and now how he wants to rediscuss this issue ignoring how he was the prior catalyst for the previous rounds that people were forced to sit through.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I have always been honest when I can't handle the itch that has been building up. I'm incited to do so and doing so is how I relieve it. However, I've never been direct with someone in a potentially negative light when I could have held it in or stopped myself from doing so. I'm not doing this for bronies, for Badwolf, for Jay, or anyone. I've always been direct with people because it is something that I felt was something that I had to say regardless of the consequences or else I don't know what I would do with myself aside from feel personally pissed off for a long period of time. I feel that I have tolerance, perspective, and scope on this issue. I don't believe I'm wrong. If I did then I wouldn't have touched upon it. That's all. If Gorf wants to continue his intellectual sophistry then he can go ahead. I've already said what I had to say.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh but yeah gorf, let me tell you about society real quick

society as we know it is a culmination of opinions that projects a census with respect to beliefs on a populace. however, while it's true that many people feel that adults liking a show intentionally made for a child is weird (which is actually really debatable these days 'cause art styles, humor, and other stuff can appeal to essentially all ages aka manchildren watching animoo or people in their 50s still reading comics etc.) that doesn't necessarily make these beliefs to be objective facts. in fact, it's possible within 20 years that cartoons become the main source of entertainment in media for all ages. not saying it's likely, only saying it's possible. at which point the old census regarding the weirdness of older generations watching children's shows becomes void. what i'm trying to say is that just because an opinion is popular at one point doesn't make it a legitimate justification for ****ting on people's passions. in fact, the irony of all this is that i'm pretty sure society also feels that proverbially spitting on what people enjoy is actually a weirder and ****tier thing to do. ****ing gorf LOL god that kid is such a ****ter jesus christ

gorf is basically the church that pursued galileo

gorf is the man who tried to refute copernicus's theory of the earth revolving around the sun

gorf is the populace that condemned joan of arc

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also discussion is still fine. It's as fine as when Gorf called out bronies as being horse ****ers and when we were discussing inane topics. The fact that you want to contextualize Dgames Social as being a delicate flower that can be broken by personal disagreement when I participate is laughable. Am I really that much of a threat to social that I need to act on higher standards and not voice by personal opinion on a matter despite holding it back over several rounds?
Are you dense or pretending to be? I think it was pretty much a majority decision that we don't want **** like Gorf calling out bronis as being horse ****ers to happen. I don't want to contextualize Dgames Social as a delicate flower either, though thanks for pinning that on me after not even protesting about controversial discussion that literally preceded this. The point where personal disagreement is not okay is when you start bullying someone.

This is dGames Social. Social. People come in here to talk about regular **** too. I know there're people on dGames who straight up don't check the social anymore because discussions get degraded to **** slinging. Intellectual discussion is fine. Controversial subjects are iffy. Kinda **** you're pulling, and I think I speak for more people than just me, is not. Fwiw this proves again that dGames can't handle controversial subjects (when in the last aftermath I was hella defending dGames and putting trust that it could). :smh: I'm just disappointed.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Dgames would make a good sitcom because we're people of broad backgrounds whose reason for coming together is to illustrate our intellectual superiority and rhetorical skill, that's why games can get so heated and why we tend towards topics that people want to debate fiercely, even those who the issues don't have a person effect on relish the debate. This is also attractive to people who wish to play devil's advocate and rile up people solely for the purpose of debating a position they find untenable for the joy of debate in and of itself.

That's why we have the social thread we do.

@ Dooms Dooms @ JeXs JeXs

My soulbender's 29, level varies for the others. I've got 3 around the class change level and 2 pre-5.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Are you dense or pretending to be? I think it was pretty much a majority decision that we don't want **** like Gorf calling out bronis as being horse ****ers to happen. I don't want to contextualize Dgames Social as a delicate flower either, though thanks for pinning that on me after not even protesting about controversial discussion that literally preceded this. The point where personal disagreement is not okay is when you start bullying someone.

This is dGames Social. Social. People come in here to talk about regular **** too. I know there're people on dGames who straight up don't check the social anymore because discussions get degraded to **** slinging. Intellectual discussion is fine. Controversial subjects are iffy. Kinda **** you're pulling, and I think I speak for more people than just me, is not. Fwiw this proves again that dGames can't handle controversial subjects (when in the last aftermath I was hella defending dGames and putting trust that it could). :smh: I'm just disappointed.
Yeah you're right. I never really belonged here in the first place. It's time for me to grow up.

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Dgames would make a good sitcom because we're people of broad backgrounds whose reason for coming together is to illustrate our intellectual superiority and rhetorical skill, that's why games can get so heated and why we tend towards topics that people want to debate fiercely, even those who the issues don't have a person effect on relish the debate. This is also attractive to people who wish to play devil's advocate and rile up people solely for the purpose of debating a position they find untenable for the joy of debate in and of itself.

That's why we have the social thread we do.

@ Dooms Dooms @ JeXs JeXs

My soulbender's 29, level varies for the others. I've got 3 around the class change level and 2 pre-5.
ill come on in awhile, after i take a shower

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
oh but yeah gorf, let me tell you about society real quick

society as we know it is a culmination of opinions that projects a census with respect to beliefs on a populace. however, while it's true that many people feel that adults liking a show intentionally made for a child is weird (which is actually really debatable these days 'cause art styles, humor, and other stuff can appeal to essentially all ages aka manchildren watching animoo or people in their 50s still reading comics etc.) that doesn't necessarily make these beliefs to be objective facts. in fact, it's possible within 20 years that cartoons become the main source of entertainment in media for all ages. not saying it's likely, only saying it's possible. at which point the old census regarding the weirdness of older generations watching children's shows becomes void. what i'm trying to say is that just because an opinion is popular at one point doesn't make it a legitimate justification for ****ting on people's passions. in fact, the irony of all this is that i'm pretty sure society also feels that proverbially spitting on what people enjoy is actually a weirder and ****tier thing to do do. ****ing gorf LOL god that kid is such a ****ter jesus christ

gorf is basically the church that pursued galileo

gorf is the man who tried to refute copernicus's theory of the earth revolving around the sun

gorf is the populace that condemned joan of ark

I know this is taking away from the point but the main reason why the church ended up condemning Galileo was that Galileo called the Pope an idiot (probably by accident, but it's hard to not reach that conclusion when you read his book). Previously the pope had been a big supporter of his. So, the hammer coming down was politics.

Prior to that it had been condemned as bad science, which at the time was not only understandable but frankly the most well-supported option. The fact is that prior to Kepler's laws of planetary orbits, the heliocentric system had the same systematic issues as the geocentric system and prior to more powerful telescopes no observations of critical evidence (such as stellar parallaxes) could be made.

As such maligning the opponents of copernicus and galileo is unfair given that based on the evidence and theoretical framework that was available in that day and age they were more likely to be right, only later evidence and advances proved them wrong. Being wrong isn't a bad thing, what's bad is when you're wrong against all available evidence. Seriously, comparing them to gorf? That's going a bit far.

A better comparison would be to the audience of the Opera Carmen during it's initial run at the Opéra-Comique, denying the value of what is certainly a high point of the genre due to opposition to it's "moral lapses". That is more similar to the attitude taken by gorf here rather then natural philosophers who made the best conclusion they could based on the available evidence.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
im lv 12 lol
yeah I'm only level 17 on my west account haha. I'll try to get to level 12 before I add you guys.

My character's name is Doomsy on east if that means anything.

Are you guys trying to play tonight/today? I can play tonight. I only have a level 4 on East though ;__; pls no flame. I also play priest. I hope that isn't an issue.

**** you both
please do bby I'm rdy <3 <3

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
yeah I'm only level 17 on my west account haha. I'll try to get to level 12 before I add you guys.

My character's name is Doomsy on east if that means anything.

Are you guys trying to play tonight/today? I can play tonight. I only have a level 4 on East though ;__; pls no flame. I also play priest. I hope that isn't an issue.
Np, welcome to the group. Anyone else is free to join

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I know this is taking away from the point but the main reason why the church ended up condemning Galileo was that Galileo called the Pope an idiot (probably by accident, but it's hard to not reach that conclusion when you read his book). Previously the pope had been a big supporter of his. So, the hammer coming down was politics.

Prior to that it had been condemned as bad science, which at the time was not only understandable but frankly the most well-supported option. The fact is that prior to Kepler's laws of planetary orbits, the heliocentric system had the same systematic issues as the geocentric system and prior to more powerful telescopes no observations of critical evidence (such as stellar parallaxes) could be made.

As such maligning the opponents of copernicus and galileo is unfair given that based on the evidence and theoretical framework that was available in that day and age they were more likely to be right, only later evidence and advances proved them wrong. Being wrong isn't a bad thing, what's bad is when you're wrong against all available evidence. Seriously, comparing them to gorf? That's going a bit far.

A better comparison would be to the audience of the Opera Carmen during it's initial run at the Opéra-Comique, denying the value of what is certainly a high point of the genre due to opposition to it's "moral lapses". That is more similar to the attitude taken by gorf here rather then natural philosophers who made the best conclusion they could based on the available evidence.
my post was actually pretty light hearted and i wasn't being ultra serious with the galileo comparison (joan of arc doesn't even make sense...kinda LOL). but i mean really, if someone presents a concept that is new and everyone ****s on him for it (assuming no politics are at play), that's just poo.

as an aside, imagine what would have happened if gorf joined that one game instead of ryker and there were bronies in the house. LOL

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
my post was actually pretty light hearted and i wasn't being ultra serious with the galileo comparison (joan of arc doesn't even make sense...kinda LOL). but i mean really, if someone presents a concept that is new and everyone ****s on him for it (assuming no politics are at play), that's just poo.

as an aside, imagine what would have happened if gorf joined that one game instead of ryker and there were bronies in the house. LOL
Well the Joan of arc comparison actually sorta makes sense because while her execution was entirely political, they relied on distrust of a woman who was overturning traditional gender roles to create support for the decision which is an example of the sentiment you were criticizing. The one you want to take back in hindsight was your only legit example, good job :p

But the point I'm making was that they were poo pooing them mostly because based on the information they had at the day, it was bad science (I mean, saying x/2=5, therefore x=11 is new, but everyone's gonna still be dismissive). And then Galileo insulted the Pope and the hammer dropped.

But I know haha, I'm just nitpicking cause I spend waaaaaay too much time on subs populated by historians, particularly those populated by academics complaining about misconceptions of history. I blame the historians.

G U N N E R G I R L Z
JeXs is actually a gunner boi :p

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
oh sweet then at least we dont overlap. I wanted to go guy gunner but the whole grenade perk didnt particularily interest me

also mad likin these random trivia bombs being dropped

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i like to think of myself as like a star shaped peg surrounded by round shaped holes. you sheeple will never understand the true lengths of my wit.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yo acro like im not sitting here pretending that me pushing circus or me bashing on bwolf whenever i would was something that they deserved or something that didnt happen. its dehumanizing and i didnt think about the fact that there IS a person on the opposite side of the screen. i dont regret some of the hilarity buuuuut it was out of line. that being said, nothing ive said about the human condition is untrue and i challenge you to tell me otherwise.

i feel like your issue is how dare i bring it back and pretend i had nothing to do with it when it happened before? nah, ive just moved on. i didnt just bring up something thats been itching at me. maven said something that i said something hilaaaaaarious to (which anybody on this side of the autism spectrum should be able to distinguish as sarcasm), and then joey responded and i said something hilaaaaaarious to him, and then joey said something i disagreed with. but god forbid i use the comfort of people i dont actually know and who have zero real working impact on the person behind the screen (cameron, not gorf) to try and discuss something regarding the human condition.

also @adum it totally makes sense that the critics shot down carmen. its racist, different than what was usual, and really ****in sarcastic. if im anyone there im bizet dawg

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, when I said the word 'weird' was childish, I didn't mean people who used it were immature.
What I was trying to say is that the word is superficial due to its extremely fickle meaning.

Top Bottom