• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Did you really just pull a quote from 1922 to argue against the use of an internet meme?

Zzz

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
its stupid because it was introduced to starcraft/warcraft/league and the likes because of the korean usage but hey i like repeating myself so its ok

Handorin

Smash Hero
Back when I played WoW (first two iterations), the horde language for Lol was kek. So I would type kek around them because I halfway assumed it would translate back to lol for them.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Did you really just pull a quote from 1922 to argue against the use of an internet meme?

Zzz
since when has zzz been an internet meme directly in contrast with the amazing 1922 quote from life magazine? unless you're just being a boner WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE

its stupid because it was introduced to starcraft/warcraft/league and the likes because of the korean usage but hey i like repeating myself so its ok
i did not adopt the saying from league, warcraft, or starcraft. you're livin' in a small world that thrives off the energies derived from oreos, korean pop culture, and random tentacle humanoids with abnormally large shafts

no but really i have no idea why you think this is the only usage of the phrase that is acceptable LOL

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i did not adopt the saying from league, warcraft, or starcraft. you're livin' in a small world that thrives off the energies derived from oreos, korean pop culture, and random tentacle humanoids with abnormally large shafts

no but really i have no idea why you think this is the only usage of the phrase that is acceptable LOL
what im reading

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Let me just rant real quick cuz i see a lot of League players do this and its fkin ********.

"Zzz" is not "sleepy/bored/whatever", its cuz when koreans laugh (kekekeke) its the same key as where "z" is for us. "Zzz" = "hahaha". Geez.
If nobody knows/uses it that way then it doesn't mean it anymore. Sorry man, people forgot the meme = the meaning changed, it now means bored.

when your art goes unnoticed you ****ed up, dumpy
That's incredibly unfair given that only a small percentage of art achieves notice because of the sheer amount of art out there. Even many people now considered titans of the art world such as Van Gogh didn't achieve much fame in their life.

Success in the art world is more an exercise in marketing rather then simply being good at producing art.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
the issue is that now there is confusion because one uses it one way and the other uses it the other way. come on man

and re:marketing: was talking about trolling in particular. i mean hey we can all start disregarding context and try to enjoy conversations that way though

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Isn't disregarding context how the zzz debate got started?

I knew zzz as bored/sleepy before I knew it was a laugh.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
the issue is that now there is confusion because one uses it one way and the other uses it the other way. come on man
Except the vast majority understands it to mean sleeping, you can tell from the responses in the thread. While this might not be true of certain communities (eg, 4chan possibly) and you could certainly use it to mean that in those subcommunities as community specific language saying that certain communities (like league) are merely ignorant because they interpret it as bored defies the way how language works.

Language, you definitely fail if you're not understood because communication is it's purpose.

and re:marketing: was talking about trolling in particular. i mean hey we can all start disregarding context and try to enjoy conversations that way though
Ah ok, I just jumped in cause it opposes my artistic sensibilities, and trolling is performance art so yes, if you don't get the desired reaction initially it fails.

You guys are really running out of stuff to argue about now that MVPs have been abolished
Or we enjoy discussing trivial things? :p

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
since when has zzz been an internet meme directly in contrast with the amazing 1922 quote from life magazine? unless you're just being a boner WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE
If by being a boner you mean attempting to propagate the **** measuring contest between you and zo, then yes, that one. I don't get much entertainment.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If by being a boner you mean attempting to propagate the **** measuring contest between you and zo, then yes, that one. I don't get much entertainment.
you know you love it

and what are you talking about we were clearly arguing about the semantics of whether or not too much intrinsic motivation was actually an issue (it is.) zozo just doesn't want to concede...ever. LOL. then it stemmed into the 'zzz' thing because he was trying to find some others means of ATTEMPTING to poke at me when he was wrong about intrinsic value. i still love him though.

but for the very serious record, i'm pretty sure i have the bigger penis. @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
WashedLaundry is a ****ter.

That is all.
"Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

aka why i get nervous when i walk into glass buildings holy hell are those intimidating

No but for real, I'll be able to play tonight, just like late tonight or somethin'. Slow your roll.

:186:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
zzzzzz is ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ on a Korean keyboard. Which is "kekekekekeke" for those of you who remember Starcraft memes

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I can't believe people associate zzz with napping instead of spammed kieuk which is Korean slang for snickering.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I can't believe people associate zzz with napping instead of spammed kieuk which is Korean slang for snickering.
because most of us neither had the deep involvement in starcraft nor are korean which are the ways we'd learn that meaning particular to that subculture, therefore we like the vast majority of the internet associate it with napping.

Heck I was damn involved in SC and had no idea this was a thing.

Maven89

Smash Master
i'd say the vast majority of people consider zzz to be napping

btw chinese people express sadness on the internet by typing "2222". I forgot why

Top Bottom