• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
feelin this convo

While I am one to think the US isn't a demonic evil country, they still have ****ed up aspects what they did in foreign policy.
using words like demonic and evil kinda distracts from the issue. I don't think states are inherently evil or demonic

everyone should just agree that states in general do things that are politically or economically beneficial to the people who have power in that state. Foreign policy is no exemption. If a super power has immense military strength, they will use it for benefit and profit. comparing GB and the US is hard because they have both been superpowers and they've both done grimy **** to get ahead

I was talking to marshy yesterday about what to do about really bad actors like ISIL or other grimy mother****ers. My ideal situation is to have a military that isn't beholden to one state but is beholden to a large collection of them. Like a world military or some **** who's only goal is to protect ppl who are suffering from human rights violations.

but ofc that idea isn't the greatest either because who ever ends up making decisions at the top might be corrupted and start using the military for... personal gain.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
are you kidding me adumb? manifest destiny? wiping out like 80%+ of native americans? our imperialist attitude towards hawaii, puerto rico, and other states? the invasion of iraq and other middle eastern meddling?
let's not forget the the dictators we helped prop up in a ****ton of countries throughout central and south america and in the middle east (including saddam) (oftentimes ****ting on democratically elected leaders in those countries)

or the predatory nature of "aid" in african countries and how the West helps to keep africa in a state of pure ****tiness.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And you know that the US administration has done literally the same thing in the Iran-Iraq war, right? A million people have been killed and poison gas was used against iranian civilians - which was a known fact to the US givernent and supported by the CIA.

:059:
GB did it on purpose though, the US did it by accident. It's a little different to accidentally create mortal enemies and create them on purpose then force them to clash.

feelin this convo

using words like demonic and evil kinda distracts from the issue. I don't think states are inherently evil or demonic

everyone should just agree that states in general do things that are politically or economically beneficial to the people who have power in that state. Foreign policy is no exemption. If a super power has immense military strength, they will use it for benefit and profit. comparing GB and the US is hard because they have both been superpowers and they've both done grimy **** to get ahead

I was talking to marshy yesterday about what to do about really bad actors like ISIL or other grimy mother****ers. My ideal situation is to have a military that isn't beholden to one state but is beholden to a large collection of them. Like a world military or some **** who's only goal is to protect ppl who are suffering from human rights violations.

but ofc that idea isn't the greatest either because who ever ends up making decisions at the top might be corrupted and start using the military for... personal gain.
Yep, the problem with that is make them too strong, they become a class unto themselves and start stepping out to gain control themselves. Make them too weak and they become beholden to the great powers like what happens with UN peacekeepers.

I'd look better at GB if most of the major conflicts in the world right now weren't directly caused by their imperialism, they did worse then the US on as wide a scale for much longer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure stuff like that is caused more by charities than by actual governments.
definitely not

governments are the ones that give loans to these countries that can never pay off so that they can hire western companies to build **** that these countries don't even need. They're the ones that force the governments of those developing countries to privatize their natural resources so that the benefits don't get shared by the countries populace but becomes concentrated in the hands of very few ppl high up in the government who by this point are already buddy buddy with the west. Also def doesn't help that the World Bank is promoting this type of ****.

and when a country tries to standup against such predatory lending practices, the economic hitmen come in

further reading on the subject if you care:
Why are poor countries poor
Confessions of an Economic Hitman
or Hoodwinked

but yea it doesn't help that charities are focused more on getting more funding and pretending that their aid is helping as opposed to doing what they can to actually help. My company makes software for these kind of places and it's one of the most annoying things we have to deal with

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
GB did it on purpose though, the US did it by accident.
You're right. The USA installed the known anti-iranian and shiite-hostile Saddam Hussein as the president and prime minister of Iraq totally on accident. And I'm sure the fact that the USA massively profited from that war [that they themselves have initiated] by selling weapons to both sides is a mere coincidence too.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You're right. The USA installed the known anti-iranian and shiite-hostile Saddam Hussein as the president and prime minister of Iraq totally on accident. And I'm sure the fact that the USA massively profited from that war [that they themselves have initiated] by selling weapons to both sides is a mere coincidence too.

I'm referring to Iran in this case, GB effectively created both sides in the conflict, obviously Saddam got placed in Iraq after the Iranian revolution as a counterbalance but the Iranian revolution wasn't what the US was trying to cause.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
speaking of GB, scotland's really close to seceding from the UK. aw snap

i just don't get why they'd want the queen to serve as head of state after seceding...i guess they don't want to come off as slapping england too hard in the face, lel

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
And you know that the US administration has done literally the same thing in the Iran-Iraq war, right? A million people have been killed and poison gas was used against iranian civilians - which was a known fact to the US givernent and supported by the CIA. :059:
If you're a manly man with manly hands then you've got to be the big hand that guides the smaller hands.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
speaking of GB, scotland's really close to seceding from the UK. aw snap

i just don't get why they'd want the queen to serve as head of state after seceding...i guess they don't want to come off as slapping england too hard in the face, lel
Probably because the Scottish Monarchy inherited England.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
let this come as a warning to all guys out there:

DONT be holding a girls hand and let your hand be on the bottom. BE ON TOP. ****s just weird,

and before the feminazis flood in, its just an ordinance of life. first time i legit held a hand i was guilty of accidentally putting the hand under. i thought it was weird but tried goin wit the flow. it took HER to insist that we switch hand positions cuzza how awkward dat **** is. even girls understand the travesty of it. so do our gender a favor men and put your hand on top. real talk.
you're adorable

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The main reason Scottish independence is in the news is because its something the Scottish National Party are pushing for and its become a political football. From what I've read there isn't even a serious proposal as to how Scotland would secede from the union given the complexities of government and economy at the moment. But it's not as if politics is grounded in reality anyways.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm referring to Iran in this case, GB effectively created both sides in the conflict, obviously Saddam got placed in Iraq after the Iranian revolution as a counterbalance but the Iranian revolution wasn't what the US was trying to cause.
Oh, I see you now. Fair enough.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
resist yourself from making a gay joke gorf
I've never been more proud of you.

im an anime newb what show is that from?
Mobile Fighter G Gundam. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it because I feel like someone posts that video here once a month. I'm sure Ryker can fill you in on everything, but all you really need to know is in that video.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It's all good. I'm playing Okami consecutively with Yoshi's Story 64 so you can be the Okami doggie. I just realized doggies are an underlying theme in all my games.

Actually, nah... you can't be him. No doggies for you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's all good. I'm playing Okami consecutively with Yoshi's Story 64 so you can be the Okami doggie. I just realized doggies are an underlying theme in all my games.

Actually, nah... you can't be him. No doggies for you.
Okami is a beast game. I'll be your Issun

Voice overs in your Let's Plays lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom