• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
For my money, you can't beat "Friend Like Me" in terms of a fun song that's just catchy as all hell. "Be Prepared" is also way up there as just a cool as **** song.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It doesn't make any sense that I'm always the one on trial in these conversations.
victimize yourself more pls
The different percentages and different contexts are exactly why focusing on one over the other is important.
yes turn a blind eye to half the problem lmao
Nowhere in my post did I say that only men ****, or that only women are *****. But it is a particular issue in regards to men ****** women
you implied it. and it isnt particular to men ****** women.
This can give us clues as to why men ****** women is such a specifically common problem compared to other types.
heres where your entire line of reasoning falls apart, nerd. you dont know the numbers behind male ****, because men are conditioned to "man up" and told that they cant be ***** whatsoever. women are more likely to commit domestic abuse, but because of how gender roles and expectations are defined we relate domestic violence with men sooner than women, generally, and thats just another example of how there needs to be attention to both side. Do you know how many shelters there are for women who get abused in the marital home vs men? they have NOWHERE to go if something goes wrong, but women do, because they get attention. for this very reason men getting **** needs to come to light, because they too need tools to deal with it, rather than getting laughed at and told "you cant get *****, silly, you're a man!"
I heard Ramses got ***** earlier in a game of League.

By Karma; haha man im funny

I guess this means no more offensive jokes.

:(
it was a swain :(

also who cares if its derailing or not, THAT discussion was derailing lol

I was ***** by a girl.
Talk to me if you ever wanna air your thoughts, babe.

Why in the **** does that **** matter?

Men get ***** by women. Men get ***** by men. Women get ***** my men. Women get ***** by women.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANY ONE OF THESE BE MORE IMPORTANT TO FIX THAN THE OTHERS?

The first step in fixing this problem should not be focusing on men ****** women because percentages. What about everyone else that was *****? What the **** does this mean for them?

The first step in fixing this problem is making everyone aware that **** victims are ****ING **** VICTIMS regardless of sex and ****ing stopping the **** storm they get regardless of sex and helping them recover from the experience as well as they can. Sex doesn't ****ing matter. We need to be there for the victims of **** and tell them that they didn't do anything wrong and that their rapists are really just ****ing awful people.

Do you not understand what focusing on women does for men? It makes male **** victims seem like a ****ing joke. Do you have any idea how many times phrases like "Men can't be *****" or "Men can just overpower the woman... making it impossible" is just thrown around in common society? That's a problem. Just like people saying "Women deserve it with how they dress" or "They shouldn't have had alcohol in public" or "They shouldn't have been on the street alone". It's all a ****ing problem that should be treated as an equal problem because they're all ****ing awful problems in our society.
legit love this post

I'm starting to see what you're getting at now, I think. The point is that the assertion that "men ****" bolsters the idea that there's something inherently about men that causes them to ****, while women inherently refrain, when in fact it would be more true to say that we attach different characteristics to men and woman, and accordingly to dominance and submission, and that is the heart of the reasoning for why anyone would assault anyone. That's fair (if I understand your point correctly). Though I never made any claims about exclusivity when it comes to these roles, I accept that I should have made more of a point to be inclusive. That doesn't change the fact that the motivations behind things like **** are very much informed by concepts of gender, which is why makes it a wider cultural issue for women (as victims) and a more narrow, individual issue for men (as victims).
thank you
also good job xonar, masterful trolling, you're a real card, and we are all now firmly in the rice fields
while i admit that my comic and copypasta were trolling, the rest is not tho. i think male **** is a very serious issue and some of the challenges men face in society i think are severely overlooked and do need attention.

i read up and i felt like replying to some things. sorry to bring it up when the conversation is long done so should you feel like responding do so in a conversation/PM because im not starting this up again in here

gorf trolling:

[image]
gorfs trolling is actually really smart lmao. not going into detail but whatever.

For my money, you can't beat "Friend Like Me" in terms of a fun song that's just catchy as all hell. "Be Prepared" is also way up there as just a cool as **** song.
see the nice thing about disney songs for me right now is that its like im discovering a whole new world (hehehe) because i grew up with all these songs in dutch, and now i get to discover them in engliiiish. its the best.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I saw this in the comments on that video and died.

The numbers glow red on the scoreboard tonight
And not a buzzer to be seen
A kingdom of shot-blocking
And it looks like I'm the king

This jam is howling like the swirling slam inside
Couldn't keep it in, though I've never tried

Don't let them shoot, don't let them dunk
Be the pointguard you always have to be
Just steal, don't foul, don't let them jam
Well, they won't jam

Let it slam, let it slam
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it slam, let it slam
Turn around and jam the score

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the jam rage on
The ref never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some dunking
Makes their score so small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can slam
To test the limits and just jam
No fouls, no bench, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it slam, let it slam
I am one with the space and jam
Let it slam, let is slam
You'll never stop my slam

Here I dunk
And here I'll slam
Let the jam rage on

My dunking flurries through the hoop into the ground
My jam is spiraling in hyped-up fractals all around
And one jam crystallizes like an whistle blast
I'm never going back
The past is in the past

Let it slam, let it slam
And I'll jam like a jelly bowl
Let it slam, let it slam
That jam is on a roll

Here I stand
In the light of fans
Let the jam rage on
The ref never bother me anyway

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm in my mid-20s and I'm listening to scattered disney songs on a super smash bros forum board on a Friday night.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Don-don-don-daaa!
DRB | Juushichi presents:
My Saturday Morning w/ Smashboards~ "Yay!"

"Oh, new guys on FB needs a resource so he can get to our Fight Nights, fantastic. The info post isn't tagged, but I know it's on the front page of the city's Social on SB, I guess I'll go to smashboards."
*Get the resource, paste it on FB.*
"Arara~? I have a few notifications? ...Eh? ...Who the **** is ZoZo? Why is ZoSo tagging me in DGames???"
"Oh, it's just Ramses. Check your priv, hehe~. Let me see the context of this joke..."

... ... ...

RAPERAPERAPEOMG****POSTWALLOFTEXTRAPERAPERAPEIMAGEMACRORAPERAPERAPE

... ... ...

Disney.

"..." "..." "..."

@BSL: Me too.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
if i get banned from moderators who know that i have a responsibility to others to stay active, then it's their fault that i get banned, not mine. the fact that those who continually mentioned the word "****" got no infractions, and the fact that circus doesn't constantly get a flaming infraction for sharing his opposite opinion of the likes of, let's say, mine (ex. ******** are less than people = women being ***** is more important to acknowledge than men getting *****) is a mere example of why the system is corrupt. if that would make me a bad mod, okay. but i don't see you sporting red.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Gorf, that's like saying "my softball team needs me to play on Thursday nights, so I can't be arrested for murder or you're a bad cop"

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
nah, murder =/= talking about... uhh what'd i get infracted for the fapping thing? this is a website that was previously talking about which **** is more important or something.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
if i get banned from moderators who know that i have a responsibility to others to stay active, then it's their fault that i get banned, not mine. .
I can't be playing favorites with it or it's biased modding which is even worse for the people who get the short end of the stick. Why should person X get off for free while person Y gets off for posting the same stuff?

Being in a mafia game doesn't exclude you or anyone from this.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
if u blacklist a person from playing in youre mafia game you wont have to worry about that person getting banned & force subbed. something to think about

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nah, murder =/= talking about... uhh what'd i get infracted for the fapping thing? this is a website that was previously talking about which **** is more important or something.
Murder is against the law, your posts were against site rules.

Breaking the rules is the point here.

Would you have preferred me say "toasting walrus"?

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
what did i even say. if theres something objectionable about stopping people from joining forum mafia games and/or murdering people who disagree with you (in a problematic matter, of course) im not aware what it is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
if i get banned from moderators who know that i have a responsibility to others to stay active, then it's their fault that i get banned, not mine. the fact that those who continually mentioned the word "****" got no infractions, and the fact that circus doesn't constantly get a flaming infraction for sharing his opposite opinion of the likes of, let's say, mine (ex. ******** are less than people = women being ***** is more important to acknowledge than men getting *****) is a mere example of why the system is corrupt. if that would make me a bad mod, okay. but i don't see you sporting red.
Ummm, no, it's your responsibility to stay active. Moderators are supposed to enforce the rules on everyone in exactly the same way for everyone, there isn't supposed to be a presumption of you getting off scot free just because you have responsibilities to a game. Your responsibilities are your responsibilities, they don't place an obligation on anyone else unless it's part of their job description or they agree to it. Asking them for help is alright, but expecting it is wrong. Putting your responsibility on to other people simply because they know it exists is REALLY wrong.

As for why every mention of **** didn't get an infraction, look at the site rules, it says explicit content. You described a situation, we were talking about it academically. That's not corruption, that's having rules about where the line is and you CLEARLY crossed it.

Circus expressing his poor understanding of feminism doesn't constitute flaming under the site rules...

You're grasping at straws here, you got interacted because what you said was explicit, that's against the rules. Other people didn't get infracted because they discussed things academically.

Top Bottom