• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
We get it fire emblem has a fan base. But what is Ike aside from a boring bulky swordsman? They could get a newer FE character and keep that trend, I liked Ike > Roy BECAUSE of that. I still thought Roy was cooler (although just a clone) but I still personally didn't like him. He's a crappy vet cuz they could've made Marth + new more relevant FE character.

No I don't play FE but it's still stupid. Just cuz you like a character doesn't make em a necessarily GOOD fit.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Real talk, the available choices from Awakening are not great.

Chrom is a boring, generic blue haired protagonist that overlaps with both Marth and Ike.

Lucina, while being more interesting, is probably best left as a Marth alt costume, because I think they'd be difficult to differentiate.

That leaves you with the Avatar & Tharja as possible relevant magic users. The Avatar would be doable, but @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker brought up a valid point that the Avatar's appearance is highly customizable. In order to accommodate for that in cutscenes and such, they put the Avatar's hood up, which is not well-suited for Smash.

That leaves Tharja, who is pretty niche, and would only conceivably make it in as fanservice.

#HBC | Gorf

Dude... Ike is SMASH fan service. Sure he's different but come on I dare you to try n justify for me that he's not.

He's basically designed to be epic. That's it. He's capt falcon with no true charm for non FE fans.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Real talk, the available choices from Awakening are not great.

Chrom is a boring, generic blue haired protagonist that overlaps with both Marth and Ike.
Agreed.

Lucina, while being more interesting, is probably best left as a Marth alt costume, because I think they'd be difficult to differentiate.
Disagreed. The way alt costumes are being handled in this game makes this option seem unlikely. None of the alts we've seen for anyone are actually different characters, just different versions of a character. Ike's more likely to get a PoR skin than Marth is to get a Lucina skin.

I do like Lucina better than Chrom though, and would be happy to see her in any capacity.

That leaves you with the Avatar & Tharja as possible relevant magic users. The Avatar would be doable, but @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker brought up a valid point that the Avatar's appearance is highly customizable. In order to accommodate for that in cutscenes and such, they put the Avatar's hood up, which is not well-suited for Smash.
Not an issue as far as I'm concerned. The solution to this is the exact same thing that they're doing for Villager. Call the Avatar "The Tactitian" or something, and give every costume a different gender/face/hair/hair color combination.

This is probably my most desired outcome out of all plausible picks.

That leaves Tharja, who is pretty niche, and would only conceivably make it in as fanservice.
Agreed.

As long as we get someone other than Chrom I'll be happy.

#HBC | Gorf

I never said it's not. I HATE Lucario in comparison to other potential Pokemon. But he's a good fit cuz of how unique and not lame he is. Ike is... A heavy swordsman.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well there are no other heavy swordmen in smash, Ike has a unique moveset, probably didn't take much resources for being a veteran and he is a popular FE character, don't see why he can't be back or how he doesn't fit.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, I don't get it. Why all the salt over a character returning? Why would anyone ever be mad a character returned? Get mad that someone you like doesn't return? Sure, I can see that. But if a character you don't give 2 ****s about is announced, then don't ***** play them.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
While I'm not upset about any returnees, I am getting pretty annoyed seeing all of these vets getting confirmed while the two I care about technically remain in limbo. I'm sure Ness and Falco are in, but I want to know, you know?

Like, if by some twist of fate we are living in the darkest timeline and those guys aren't in, then you might see me take some irrational anger out on Lucario.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The roster is not done, cool your buns. They did this **** with Brawl too, Captain Falcon was one of the very last announcements. Sakurai is trolling you. Don't feed the trolls.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm well aware. I was around for the lead up to Brawl. Perhaps you've noticed my join date.

But as it is, plenty of characters that remained secret in the past were announced quite early this time (Marth and Toon Link stand out specifically). At this point, there aren't many vets to confirm, but they just so happen to still include the ones that matter to me. I'm patient; it's not a big deal. It's just funny. Feels like being one of the last ones picked for kick ball.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He's basically designed to be epic. That's it. He's capt falcon with no true charm for non FE fans.
I don't play FE. I don't pay attention to FE. I don't like FE. I'm maining Ike in the new smash for the explicit purpose of having a heavy hitting, buff as ****, swordsman.

As for him being SMASH fanservice, that's a-ok. Raz ruled out that other person for being sexy-female fan-service character, which is not fitting in smash unless you're Samus (hello heels ;))

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
While I'm not upset about any returnees, I am getting pretty annoyed seeing all of these vets getting confirmed while the two I care about technically remain in limbo. I'm sure Ness and Falco are in, but I want to know, you know?

Like, if by some twist of fate we are living in the darkest timeline and those guys aren't in, then you might see me take some irrational anger out on Lucario.
I...... could have sworn I remembered seeing Falco confirmed at some point. A double-check is telling me I'm crazy, though.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I...... could have sworn I remembered seeing Falco confirmed at some point. A double-check is telling me I'm crazy, though.
Probably on that fake(?) character select screen that was floating around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To the people that /inned to DGISCO UPICK MAFIA:

please send me and nabe pm's (at the same time) of the flavor you wish to be! That way we'll get a head start in making flavor. Then the flavor shall influence what roles you get. Yeayuz Deadline in a couple days. INVITE FRIENDS OVER.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sword of Seals, my mistake. Blazing Sword, as much as I love it, doesn't need a remake because it has a version that holds up really well.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I've played with a Porrim account awhile back and can easily believe the person on the account (if same) was the one who initiated and engaged in the sexually graphic sexting messages. The fact that only half of the private messages, namely Howl sexting Porrim back and giving responses that acknowledge a conversation that went on for a span of five days or more indicates to me that there had to be some mutual agreement between the two parties. This doesn't even touch upon my belief in the purpose of private messages to be confidential barring extremely serious matters and extenuating circumstances. If Porrim was really the victim of invasive sexual messages, then she has every right to get him banned.

I am not an avid sexter, but I would be lying if I said that I never engaged in some flirty back and forth with people who were mutually interested on Skype and cell. Howl is a crappy person from what I've been told by a close friend as he betrayed his trust and pretty much stabbed him in the back. However, half a convo is still half a convo. You shouldn't ban someone on accusations that are based on half of an entire picture, even if that person is hugely detested. Perhaps it's my adherence to objectivity and having a complete sense of the truth before passing judgment that leads me to clash with people who feel strongly about issues like you and Dave.

There were some incredibly duplicitous comments in that thread coming from certain users. At least one of which is a player who tried to encourage me that although she was underage, she was mentally mature and that I shouldn't rebuff her for being underage. Perhaps her strong opinion in the thread is reflective of me kicking her off Skype, deleting the EM account she had aliased as being me, and creating a new Skype handle to rebuff additional stalking attempts. Nonetheless, I could name numerous people on site who tried to solicit me with sexts and think it's unjust to prematurely ban someone with only half of a complete conversation because the community dislikes him and slanders him as a pedophile when only one side of the messages were shared.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why should you refrain from getting personal

you aren't a robot yo

let them feelings go

Ashemu

Smash Ace
waht thread is this so i can actually troll. i dont want to have played all those training games for nothing

(note: i wont actually troll)

Top Bottom