• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Ashemu

Smash Ace
p sure you can be more attracted to one sex than the other and still be bi

nothing wrong with being ~open to experimentation~ ^_^

Ashemu

Smash Ace
liek not trying 2 push the gay agenda on you gorf but like, you can bang all the chicks you want, but if youre still willing to screw a dude too thats pretty hard to rationalize as straight

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
liek not trying 2 push the gay agenda on you gorf but like, you can bang all the chicks you want, but if youre still willing to screw a dude too thats pretty hard to rationalize as straight
but i'm not. dat puttytang was so fire i couldn't get enough.

truth be told i was a ****in confused kid. i had to do a lot of finding myself through high school n senior year was kinda the thing that get me to do it. i was open cuz i didn't know what being with somebody was and wasn't willing to say i wasn't open. i've never objectively been attracted to men, never thought i have, i just allowed myself to be open to it if i ws and i guess i thought bisexual was the right way to put it. bicurious maybe was more accurate but i'll tell you what after i f'd the w word i had NO more curiosity elsewhere lmao

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

INTRODUCING THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AND EXTREMELY SWAG DGAMES RAP

THIS IS FOR ALL THE REAL ******!!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
No. I've literally spent at least the last hour or two trying to figure out how to respond to everything that's been directed toward me on the last page without creating a monster of a post and without feeling like I'm further derailing the thread from whatever it is other people would rather be using it for, and I've come to the conclusion that I can't do it. I don't think I can elegantly lay out my points and make you understand why this matters so much if I have failed to do so thus far.
Again. I don't understand. Who cares if you create a monster post. I believe that you are obligated to create as many as needed in order to fight the stimulus that society treats homosexuals like they are monsters. Do you really think we only care to read Evil Eye's walls because we value a long post about mafia reads over a Circus wall about the inequality and injustice homosexuals go up against on a daily basis. That's shallow. Why would you be concerned about me being slightly inconvenienced. My entire life is an inconvenience. The whole purpose of protest and enlightenment is to enrich a society that has conveniently inconvenienced an established group of people. What else would we be using this thread for. Also I don't think anyone asked for you to be elegant or a proficient conversationalist. If you think that I was offended by you being irrational, I wasn't. However, I had to say it because you were doing it and by **** spinning you lost the ability to make an appeal for your case on a logical and rationale field of play. In other words, you were shooting yourself in the foot and then blaming everyone else for not empathizing about the foot you just shot with your own hands.

Circus said:
You seem profoundly confused (or maybe just profoundly unmoved and annoyed) by my stance in this discussion and I don't know how to connect the dots any more cleanly. I don't know how to make you or Gorf or Xonar or anyone else understand that, regardless of what you would consider your own values to be, regardless of how progressive and knowledgeable you think you are on a certain issue, it doesn't make the sentiment that gays shouldn't do gay things where straight people can see them any better, which is what Gorf's initial post expressed, and has since crept up in multiple recent posts, whether or not that was his intent.
I can't be annoyed by your stance when I don't understand what your stance is in the first place. What you need to understand is that I'm a simple person. If you told me that there is sexism in the military and this is demonstrated because women are restricted from working in specifically combat designated jobs then I will agree with the sentiment that it can be considered sexism because men and women aren't given the same employment options. However, when you tell me that Nabe making a joke about marshy-Ranmaru is somehow conducive to your stance or that Xonar being annoyed by a person screaming at early morning is also conducive to your stance then I don't understand how these two distinctly different events that simply occurred consecutively are tied into an actual stance that you hold which had been coincidentally triggered by two separate posters. One making a passing joke and another talking about a very specific instance under very specific conditions. Note that the fact that you spun Xonar's post into having someone take on a 'separate life / identity' is what triggered me to start interjecting because he was very clearly trying to clarify his idea so as to not be misinterpreted.

Circus said:
Regardless of Gorf's belief in his own tolerance, the "okay you're gay we get it already quit showing off for the camera" sentiment is an incredibly pervasive and harmful one for people in the gay community, and it links directly into straight privilege and more specifically straight entitlement, which I've tried to explain several times now. Gorf's post is a small example of the cultural norm that creates a very hostile environment for gay people, at least in western society, that I am frankly sick to DEATH of seeing. If you don't understand it now, if you still think I've said everything I've said as some kind of deceptive pull for perceived authority or ambiguous thread power, then no, I don't think I can make you understand. Go back to talking about pokemon or whatever.
I never mentioned Gorf nor did I throw him into my interjection. I specifically said this in reference to Nabe and Xonar. I find it shallow to your cause for you to use Gorf's post as a demonstration of the hostility that homosexuals face. Because we're not ********, we know that Gorf's commentary is nothing compared to the very real discrimination that homosexuals face on a conscious and subconscious level. We know that people would be hostile to each other even if we were all of one race, one creed, one religion, and one sexual orientation. The reason people are hostile against each other is because one person's pain is unique only to them and can't be transferred or conferred to anyone else. Therefore, people can harm each other without having any understand of the pain they bring unto others and when it is convenient for them to treat someone else unfairly then they will do so because there are no ramifications of a system in place to punish them for committing injustice. If you expect me to believe that anything in this thread is demonstrative of your cause then I don't understand what you are specifically advocating, because whatever examples you have used in this thread are too shallow for me to understand through my thick skin.

We are living in a very hostile world. When I was in elementary school, I was racially misprofiled and mistaken for my friend who was playing around with a knife. I didn't rat him out because his father would seriously beat him every time he came home with bad news. If that wasn't bad enough, my principal blatantly tricked me into criminalizing myself by having me testify that I menacingly intimidated another student in a knife because she told me that brandished meant, "to simply hold or carry" since she asked me a fifth grader if I had, "brandished the knife." The police told me that I was lucky to be a minor or else I would have been sent to juvy and nothing was more clear to me on that day that there are many things wrong with the world. Even a spoiled kid living in suburbia had begun to understand that he was on his own and although the world tries to be subtle, we are all living in a very hostile and unsympathetic place. I'm not raising this tidbit about my life as a meter stick against the discrimination faced by homosexuals. I think that's ********. I'm cognizant that everyone is suffering and some of us have realized that we're all on a sinking boat and have built a system to justify climbing upon others resulting in the people on the bottom drowning in order to elevate the few who were the first to commit to hostility. For me, convenient injustice is the status quo we endorse in this country.

Just because you feel aggrieved doesn't mean you get a pass at misconstruing what other people are actually saying. I'm not holding you to a standard. I just expect a conversation that has a higher standard than late night Fox News.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you know what a UK SAT is?

Because I don't know exactly what score I got on an exam I took 8-10 years ago, but I do recall them being trivially easy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
However, I had to say it because you were doing it and by **** spinning you lost the ability to make an appeal for your case on a logical and rationale field of play. In other words, you were shooting yourself in the foot and then blaming everyone else for not empathizing about the foot you just shot with your own hands.
"I felt like you were arguing sub-optimally, so rather than trying to re-iterate the point you were making, I decided to take you to task on the quality of your argument"

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
We know that people would be hostile to each other even if we were all of one race, one creed, one religion, and one sexual orientation. The reason people are hostile against each other is because one person's pain is unique only to them and can't be transferred or conferred to anyone else. Therefore, people can harm each other without having any understand of the pain they bring unto others and when it is convenient for them to treat someone else unfairly then they will do so because there are no ramifications of a system in place to punish them for committing injustice.
WOAH POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TANGENT HOLD ON EVERYONE ****S GETTING CRAY IN HERE

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Btw this blow up is a carry over from a personal conversation between me and Kary. Sorry if it seems sudden. But it isn't.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Just because you feel aggrieved doesn't mean you get a pass at misconstruing what other people are actually saying. I'm not holding you to a standard. I just expect a conversation that has a higher standard than late night Fox News.
"I'm not holding you to a standard. But I feel like standards are very important, and I've just written you a strongly worded message."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, ****. Don't think I can leave that alone. Acrostic, your response may come to you in a PM rather than a regular post depending upon how I'm feeling.

Top Bottom